Hey Matt, are you still listening to Air America?

maxwell's demon said:
what about Car Talk?:csad:

Lizards can't drive cars, Max. There's no room for them to put their tail.

jag

Fred_Fury said:
air america failed because no one wants to listen to a bunch of whiny liberals repeat the same crap over and over and over again.

1998915409_1999998464_monkey_typewriter.jpg

Tuned in to hear what Al would say ( do I occasionally listen to liberal radio? Guilty as Bob Nay, though I don't blame drinking ). He said there just going ahead, he has 1.5 million regular listeners, his audience is younger, smarter better paid (and possibly better looking) than O'Reilly's. O'Reilly's audience is so old they are dying as he speaks.

The linked article stated that the Jones radio network is doing fine. I like Stephanie Miller and Ed Schultz far more than Al or Rhandi Rhodes. I guess at the end of the day it is the talent and the programming, although Air America's business model was meesed up, hopefully they will be able to restructure. I mean they can't just keep operating and losing money, they are not an airline.

Fred_Fury said:
Thanks for proving my point. "All conservatives watch fox news!" another liberal misconception. I dont even get fox news, if I want to watch the news I have to watch local news or CNN.

What point, you engage in promoting misconceptions about liberals all the time, maybe you should stop engaging in misconceptions, before criticizing others about making them.

All-Star Superman said:
Jonty, truth be told you really are not a 38 year old man who still lives with his mother are you?

Absolutely I am and I'm doing it to build a life that I couldn't build on my own if I was paying what is now averaging in my city, almost a grand a month in rent. I'd have so little extra money that I'd be a store clerk for life instead of owning my own business in a few months.

It's worth it to me to eat dirt to move ahead rather than move out and never move ahead.

I've now got the money in the bank to move ahead and the only thing I'm waiting for is January, because I made my employer a promise that I wouldn't move ahead until then.

JLBats said:
It's kind of like the Texas of Canada, but with more evil.

It's really bad in my province. We paid off our provincial debt and are moving ahead and building needed infrastructure, including a possible high-speed train.

maxwell's demon said:
what kind of business are you starting?

Since I work for Petro-Canada, gas station, they're giving the opportunity to get a station with only $9,000 down, as opposed to $40 grand or more (depending on the size of the station).

I'll be able to basically double my income immediately and get ahead in life, finally.

Mind you, with my luck, now that I am actually getting my life around, the apocalypse is probably just around the corner. :(

War Lord said:
Absolutely I am and I'm doing it to build a life that I couldn't build on my own if I was paying what is now averaging in my city, almost a grand a month in rent. I'd have so little extra money that I'd be a store clerk for life instead of owning my own business in a few months.

It's worth it to me to eat dirt to move ahead rather than move out and never move ahead.

I've now got the money in the bank to move ahead and the only thing I'm waiting for is January, because I made my employer a promise that I wouldn't move ahead until then.
Wow just wow. I don't see how you can do it I mean leaving with my parents for that long. Your not married are you???? To be honest War Lord if it hasn't happened now it proably never will. You need to move out and be your own man. I atleast hope you pay rent.

War Lord said:

Hey, good for you, Jonty. Congrats. :up:

jag

War Lord said:
Since I work for Petro-Canada, gas station, they're giving the opportunity to get a station with only $9,000 down, as opposed to $40 grand or more (depending on the size of the station).

I'll be able to basically double my income immediately and get ahead in life, finally.

Mind you, with my luck, now that I am actually getting my life around, the apocalypse is probably just around the corner. :(

Hey Jonty, is it me or does that offer seem almost too good to be true? Will Petro-Canada be taking a cut of your profits? I would read your franchise agreement very very carefully to make sure you aren't getting screwed some how.

I hope he does it but to live at home with his parents for that long. Jonty really is a Super-Hero if he could put up with that.

All-Star Superman said:
I hope he does it but to live at home with his parents for that long. Jonty really is a Super-Hero if he could put up with that.

I agree with that. I give Jonty credit. Living at home so long to fulfill his dream has most likely cost him a lot and will continue to cost him a lot. I mean, he is nearing 40. Most businesses do not go out of the red for their first year, so he will likely be stuck there for another 2 years. I can only imagine the impact on his social life. He has definitely made sacrifices.

Matt said:
Hey Jonty, is it me or does that offer seem almost too good to be true? Will Petro-Canada be taking a cut of your profits? I would read your franchise agreement very very carefully to make sure you aren't getting screwed some how.

at least he won't be a virgin anymore:csad:

He should just do what you did Max, and order one of those brides from Russia :up: ;)

jonty's taken being a "grup" to a whole new, creepy level.

Matt said:
I agree with that. I give Jonty credit. Living at home so long to fulfill his dream has most likely cost him a lot and will continue to cost him a lot. I mean, he is nearing 40. Most businesses do not go out of the red for their first year, so he will likely be stuck there for another 2 years. I can only imagine the impact on his social life. He has definitely made sacrifices.
I mean can you picture what that is like???

"Jonty, come up here and clip my toe nails"

"Yes Mom"
---------------------------------------------

"Damn it boy didn't you see the sock on the door that means knock"

"yes, Mom and dad"

-------------------------------------------------------

"Jonty, don't forget to take out the trash"

-----------------------------------------------
I mean I couldn't go through all of that.

Gay marriage, condom distribution for kids, abortion on demand, euthenaisia, no prayer in school, no pledge of allegiance, drug legalization, open borders, welfare, social medicine, down with capitalism, ANTI-DEFENSE........

All of thOSE ideals and more are what drive Air-head America.

The problem is that they think these are "main-stream" ideals. So they put together a radio network because they just new in their "wittle bitty" hearts, that we all loved that stuff too.

Ratings are in the tank and they can't get sponsors.

I LOVE IT!!
:woot: :woot: :woot:

celldog said:
Gay marriage, condom distribution for kids, abortion on demand, euthenaisia, no prayer in school, no pledge of allegiance, drug legalization, open borders, welfare, social medicine, down with capitalism, ANTI-DEFENSE........

All of thOSE ideals and more are what drive Air-head America.

The problem is that they think these are "main-stream" ideals. So they put together a radio network because they just new in their "wittle bitty" hearts, that we all loved that stuff too.

Ratings are in the tank and they can't get sponsors.

I LOVE IT!!
:woot: :woot: :woot:

WHO's got the misconceptions?:huh:

And as already pointed out, the problem is not what you describe, but the fact that they are not pandering to the AM audience, which is largely made up of those in the retirement set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"