Hitman 5 is a go...and other Eidos projects

Isildur´s Heir

Avenger
Reaction score
In the first interview since the buyout from Square-Enix, Ian Livingstone talked about the future of company...and sequels is it´s name.

- Hitman sequel is in the making (next game of IO Interactive after Mini Ninjas)
- Kane and Lynch 2 has a hoped-for release of September
- He didn´t confirmed nor denied Thief IV
- The next Tomb Raider is already in the making or in project stage
- Just Cause 2 will see the light of day later this year
- Deus Ex 3 might be released only in 2010 :(

Where's ProjectPat!? He should be all over this news. Haha.

The only one on that list that interests me right now is Thief IV.

Double post.

Last edited:
Hitman 5, I cannot wait for this game. It's been so bloody long since Blood Money and I'm dying to see what a 360 version will play like. I mean I have Blood Money on 360, but apart from a shine and smooth play, it's just like the xbox copy. So I'm hoping for a lot of new features to make me continue to play this game months after I complete it.

Speaking of, what a some features you are all looking forward to in the next Hitman?

Where's ProjectPat!? He should be all over this news. Haha.

Hahaha RIGHT HERE!!!!

Iv known a 5th was in dev for a while now. Its always good to hear reconfirmation tho as i was begining to wonder. I just wanna know when we'll get the announcement on the next title. E3? After Kane and Lynch 2?

Hitman 5, I cannot wait for this game. It's been so bloody long since Blood Money and I'm dying to see what a 360 version will play like. I mean I have Blood Money on 360, but apart from a shine and smooth play, it's just like the xbox copy. So I'm hoping for a lot of new features to make me continue to play this game months after I complete it.

Speaking of, what a some features you are all looking forward to in the next Hitman?

Ya know, as ready as i am for another Hitman, i haven't even really thought about what id like to see in a game. Deff want a new physics engine. Dead bodies are waayy too stiff. Id like some better hand to hand combat. I also want more missions like the Vegas level from Blood Money and by that i mean perfect levels for using the sniper. I love sitting on the balcony and calling the target to get him to come outside so that i can take him out with the rifle. Other than that tho, i cant really think of what kind of new features id like to see.

Hitman and Deus Ex, good stuff. Not played Thief, but cool to see their doing something outside Tomb Raider. Don't they own Fear Effect, too? Man, I'd love to see a revival of that, too.

I'm interested in Hitman, Deus Ex, and Thief. I'll pass on the rest

Where the hell is my new Legacy of Kain game!

i still have blood moey on my comp and just played it 2 weeks ago.

can't wait for a new one finally.

I'd love it if there are levels where the enemies quickly react after a hit and they try to find 47 and he has to shoot his way out.

thing i want most besides improved visuals and physics is arguably the most important thing of the game: nice and varied locations.

the maps and locations make the game, imo. i'd like varied indoor buildings and awesome, exotic outdoor locales as well. a nice new mix of locations like blood money will be nice.

I liked Kane & Lynch to an extent but they have a lot of things they need to fix. The overall level ideas and concept of the game was cool but was marred by terrible AI and annoying recoil from guns.

One of my favorite things about these Hitman games is how to dress in the clothes from the person you killed and people think you are him. Can't wait to see what type of characters we can do that with in Hitman 5.

Deus Ex 3 should be cool. Still gotta play the first two. I'm waiting for a good sale on Steam.

I wonder what they're planning for the next Tomb Raider, too. It seemed to be off to such a promising re-start with the move to Crystal Dynamics, but then a ton of negative reviews poured out after Underworld was released.

Playing through Hitman again, hopefully in the next one 47 has some new moves. Like wall hugging and more melee moves. Hopefully there's alot more levels next time too, the last one is kinda short. On the story side, I want more development for 47. Maybe bring that Mei Ling chick back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"