• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Hollywood jumps the shark: Chris Rock to write High and Low Remake

Hi-Lois1.gif

:huh:

You know, if they called it King's Ransom I'd probably be just fine with it. Although, I suppose I can sort of see the point if Chris Rock's character is a successful black businessman and the kidnapper is from the ghetto. That would fit thematically with Kurosawa's film and be an interesting way to make it modern and specific to America. And, I doubt the target audience for the film is at all familiar with Kurosawa's masterpiece.

Chris Rock is kind of intriguing in that he seems to want to remake movies that had some depth. He starred in a remake of an Eric Rohmer film, for goodness sake. And a remake of Heaven Can Wait. Too bad he's just not a good actor.

Hey, he rocked the house in New Jack City!

Considering all of the Kurosawa films that have been remade, I'm surprised that it took them so long to get to High and Low. Between that and Stray Dog, you probably have the two easiest to translate to America.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"