Hollywood Needs To Fail Again

i hate that the fanboy community didnt see how hollywood was trying to train us like dogs to like one type of summer movie.
there was a time when fanboys above 20 years old were more happy to get 3 comicbook movies than to get 1 good comicbook movie.

thats why today when a movie is realesed that is different it gets rejacted. and thats why fanboys got happy when pa Kent and Joer El gave cliche stupid speeches that didnt make any sense. . destiny and THE ONE. hahaha . how about a character that makes his own choices and makes his own mistakes?

yeah you can all hate me.

I just don't see how Hollywood is to blame. They tried making other kinds of movies and people didn't go.

After Kingdom of Heaven and Alexander bombed, they stopped making those kinds of movies. Captain America 2 and Amazing Spider Man 2, in contrast, are not bombing.

You said you didn't like MoS because Superman didn't make his own choices. Well, Katniss Everdeen makes her own choices, and Hunger Games are outgrossing DC by a healthy margin.

i like MOS as a Snyder summer movie. i just have a big problem that fanboys liked 15 year old cliches. MOS would be groundbreaking in 2003. in 2013 it was...........just another summer movie.

Kingdom of Heaven and Alexander bombed because they were weak movies, hell, the studio made Ridley Scott cut parts from Kingdom, making it a much weaker film than it originally was, if it had been released in all of it's glory i'm sure the results would have been more positive.

Kingdom of Heaven and Alexander bombed because they were weak movies, hell, the studio made Ridley Scott cut parts from Kingdom, making it a much weaker film than it originally was, if it had been released in all of it's glory i'm sure the results would have been more positive.

The director's cut of kingdom of heaven was long and boring.

However, it made less money than a lot of inferior comic book movies, so whatever, your point fails. A lot of very bad movies make a lot of money.

Daredevil, Catwoman, Fantastic Four 2, Elektra, Green Lantern, Green Hornet and even The Lone Ranger to a certain degree, super hero movies that failed, some really hard.

The director's cut of kingdom of heaven was long and boring.

However, it made less money than a lot of inferior comic book movies, so whatever, your point fails. A lot of very bad movies make a lot of money.

I will take the Director's Cut of Kingdom of Heaven over the vast majority of superhero movies ever released, including anything out of the MCU.

The original vision of Kingdom of Heaven is actually stunning and moving. May it have bombed as a summer release that was three hours long? Maybe. Orlando Bloom, ironically as he was Fox's insistent choice, proved to be not a bankable star. But the movie was meant to be an unofficial follow-up to Gladiator, and the hype deflated out of the balloon when the movie was cropped down to two hours of bland confusion. Without strong reviews or hype, this kind of movie was not going to win over mainstream filmgoers who were counting down the days until Star Wars that summer.

I will take the Director's Cut of Kingdom of Heaven over the vast majority of superhero movies ever released, including anything out of the MCU.

The original vision of Kingdom of Heaven is actually stunning and moving. May it have bombed as a summer release that was three hours long? Maybe. Orlando Bloom, ironically as he was Fox's insistent choice, proved to be not a bankable star. But the movie was meant to be an unofficial follow-up to Gladiator, and the hype deflated out of the balloon when the movie was cropped down to two hours of bland confusion. Without strong reviews or hype, this kind of movie was not going to win over mainstream filmgoers who were counting down the days until Star Wars that summer.

I'm sure its failure has little to do with Star Wars.

Did they come out the same weekend?

The DC of Kingdom of Heaven is a masterpiece.

I think big reason why either cut would bomb is because it dared to portray the Muslims as something other than the bad guys and Christians as something other than the good guys. I don't think audiences especially in America would be willing to except that kind of story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"