Honey I'm Home! (the "how was work today thread")

I slept in until 4:30 P.M. and started two reports for my summer assignment. Exciting. Woo.

Well I returned to work today after a nice 10 day vacation and I had I ****-pile of work. One of the analysts under me decided he didn't need to do anything since I wasn't actually there to babysit him, so one of our biggest clients is pissed and threatening to sue. So I spent the majority of the day kissing ass and promising my first born, then spent the rest of the day firing said analyst.

Good times. :cmad: :csad:

:csad:...sucks...

I know this technically doesn't qualify as a bad or good day at work, but we just had an earthquake here. Thougt it'd be interesting to post, and I don't wanted to start a whole thread about it. Or maybe I should. Anyways, it's the strongest one in 30 years, and my first one (I'm not an Earthquake-virgin anymore:)...sad). you can read about it here http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6948888.stm.

oh yeah, and work related, the store's walls were damaged and it may be closed down for a day or too...meaning I don't have to work today.

I had surgery last Wednesday so I'm actually working out of my home office.....the commutes great!

I searched for the thread and decided to talk about my day at work.

Originally I wasn't supposed to go in today, however, one of our doormen didn't inform the theater of him having classes in the morning and my manager called me at about 12:30 to come in and work. My job is a doormen at the Beacon Theater. My job consists of tearing tickets, cleaning the lobby, putting up movie posters, helping the manager, and cleaning the theaters after the movies are over.

It's not a hard job by any means but on the school days I basically get paid to stand there and look out the door.

My day at work wasn't to bad today, surprisingly busy for a Tuesday considering that I expect at 1 or 2pm people should be at work. Unfortunately we had a customer vomit in Rush Hour 3 and I had to go clean it up. It was on the seat and on the floor in the front row.

But other than that it wasn't bad nor was it spectacular either. The manager told me she's thinking about moving me up to projection or box office.

Glad you bumped it, I was too lazy to look for it.

* The drive in was bad, very heavy rain and going 60 on the interstate was risking it. Passed 2 really bad accidents on the way.

On the radio: "There are too many accidents to list."

He should be reported, that's his job. :cmad: :huh: I was late for work about 10 minutes. I'm chronic though.

I was cranky, irritable and bloated all day. :cmad: I put ear plugs in cause I was sick of hearing the one guy with the cajun accent, I hate cajun accents and the irish dude that sounds like Bono and the Lucky Charm leprechaun. Don't let me get started on the incoherent spanish and yelling. :cmad:

I told the guy I'm working with, looks like Santa and needs to freaking retire, that I might not stay for the OT because I was grumpy.

Santa: "I couldn't tell."
Me: "That's because you aren't paying attention!" :cmad:

I stayed, I missed clean up so I just decide to stick it out.
Yay, for more $. :up:

Well I returned to work today after a nice 10 day vacation and I had I ****-pile of work. One of the analysts under me decided he didn't need to do anything since I wasn't actually there to babysit him, so one of our biggest clients is pissed and threatening to sue. So I spent the majority of the day kissing ass and promising my first born, then spent the rest of the day firing said analyst.

Good times. :cmad: :csad:

Sooo, not even a week later I had to fire another analyst. I haven't fired anyone in two years and now I've fired two in less than a week.

This guy decided it would be good idea to buy a beer for a underage employee of one of our customers. Not only that but decided to argue with the IT lead at the new site, he was supporting, about it when they found out.

Never felt so bad about something, guy's older than me with a wife and two kids, but nevertheless he made a horrible decision and I had no choice. :csad:

Glad you bumped it, I was too lazy to look for it.

* The drive in was bad, very heavy rain and going 60 on the interstate was risking it. Passed 2 really bad accidents on the way.

On the radio: "There are too many accidents to list."

He should be reported, that's his job. :cmad: :huh: I was late for work about 10 minutes. I'm chronic though.

I was cranky, irritable and bloated all day. :cmad: I put ear plugs in cause I was sick of hearing the one guy with the cajun accent, I hate cajun accents and the irish dude that sounds like Bono and the Lucky Charm leprechaun. Don't let me get started on the incoherent spanish and yelling. :cmad:

I told the guy I'm working with, looks like Santa and needs to freaking retire, that I might not stay for the OT because I was grumpy.

Santa: "I couldn't tell."
Me: "That's because you aren't paying attention!" :cmad:

I stayed, I missed clean up so I just decide to stick it out.
Yay, for more $. :up:

I'm only cranky and irritable on the weekends at work. Our last show for the night is at 10:15 and say for Saturday night you've worked a double which would be 11-5 and then 6-close which can be about 10:20 or 10:30. On a Saturday night your back, your feet, and your legs in general are throbbing for standing for long periods of time and then people decide to show up to a movie at 10:30 or 10:40 knowing the movie started at 10:15.

I never understood why people insist on showing up to a movie after already missing half of it to begin with. But when it happens it grates on your nerves and you're ready to snap at the customers.

Where do you work by the way?

Sooo, not even a week later I had to fire another analyst. I haven't fired anyone in two years and now I've fired two in less than a week.

This guy decided it would be good idea to buy a beer for a underage employee of one of our customers. Not only that but decided to argue with the IT lead at the new site, he was supporting, about it when they found out.

Never felt so bad about something, guy's older than me with a wife and two kids, but nevertheless he made a horrible decision and I had no choice. :csad:

It's never a good thing when it comes to terminations. My manager had to fire a worker and I had to be in the office with her when she fired him. I felt bad for the guy because he didn't mean to leave door when no one is there, you know?

But I stood there and listened to him get sad, defensive, and angry at the same time as she started to tell him that he was fired. I was so disturbed by the outcome that I asked that I never be in the office when someone is fired.

He is about 33 or 34, and I see him all the time at the mall holding a clipboard looking for another job.

****, that sucks. :csad:
I ratted a girl out when I worked at a nursing home. We were recreation therapists and we were down 2 workers for almost a month, well maybe longer. She would miss work and come in late. I was carrying a heavy load. She confided in me that she dipped into the petty cash for personal stuff like rent and crack. :down For god's sakes the girl went to Princeton. :huh:
I felt so bad. She called me after they fired her and told me she wasn't mad and knew I did what I had to. I cried like a baby. :csad:

I'm only cranky and irritable on the weekends at work. Our last show for the night is at 10:15 and say for Saturday night you've worked a double which would be 11-5 and then 6-close which can be about 10:20 or 10:30. On a Saturday night your back, your feet, and your legs in general are throbbing for standing for long periods of time and then people decide to show up to a movie at 10:30 or 10:40 knowing the movie started at 10:15.

I never understood why people insist on showing up to a movie after already missing half of it to begin with. But when it happens it grates on your nerves and you're ready to snap at the customers.

Where do you work by the way?

I'm renovating the commissary on the Marine Base in Quanitco. I do electrical work.

I need to give my job a new schedule because of school.
Should I tell them I can work Sat, Sun, M, W, and F, or should I tell them I can work Sat, Sun, M, and T.
I really don't want to work on Friday, because I want to have time to go out with my friends. The max hours I want are 20.

I'm glad this was bumped...thougt people didn't like it.

Anyway, I see you've all had interesting days at work. Nothing much exciting's been happening on my job. We had an aftershock from the earthquake the other day and it was pretty funny seeing everbody stand up all confused and leave the place.

It's good to be home.
One of the skills, that I'm very weak at, had me held up for hours. Humiliating. :csad:
I just need more practice, I haven't had enough oppurtunites to just do it and figure it all out.

Yea, today was actually a normal, no drama, day. Just went to work, no fires to put out or anything like that, and I actually worked on some up coming projects. :up:

My job was to post and write my script. I'm dead tired. ;)

today like yesterday was crap

understaffed

2 day cares, 2 parties

3 people working, 2 of them not trained in the food department, I'm the only one who actually knows what the hell I'm doing.

Manager, wouldn't get off his ass and supply a helping hand.

1 person cleaning 5 rooms (me)

the other two people unable to help

9 bucks for tip :down

yeah honey, I had an awesome day

(note, average tip amount for a normal non-hectic day of work is more than 10, and today was beyond awful)

Work was okay today...I guess. I only killed 2 people, though:(

You'll do better tomorrow, I'm sure of it. :csad:

yeah honey, I had an awesome day

(note, average tip amount for a normal non-hectic day of work is more than 10, and today was beyond awful)
Don't worry, it'll be better tomorrow...*pours a glass of scotch*

Yep its sucks, I hate Thursdays, It SUCKSSS SO BAD!!! GOD IS IT 4:30 Eastern time yet!:cmad:

Sorry need to vent :(

If we took a holiday
Took some time to celebrate
Just one day out of life
It would be, it would be so nice

Everybody spread the word
We're gonna have a celebration
All across the world
In every nation
It's time for the good times
Forget the fecal matter, oh yeah
One day to come together
To release the pressure
We need a holiday

You can turn this world around
And bring back all of those happy days
Put your troubles down the toilet
It's time to celebrate
Let love shine
And we will find
A way to come together
And make things better
We need a holiday

If we took a holiday
Took some time to celebrate
Just one day out of life
It would be, it would be so nice​

It's like watching Stockon and Malone.

lol
Didn't they make out when Stockton retired or something?
Maybe they were just bawling like girls. :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"