I'm going some kind of crazy

LOL come down to Toronto and I'll spark you up, no one gives a s**t here. All about environment, and now you've got your own place. :heart: Buy an air filter if you don't want your place to reek and smoke up once in a while. No need to be paranoid at home. :o

LOL come down to Toronto and I'll spark you up, no one gives a s**t here. All about environment, and now you've got your own place. :heart: Buy an air filter if you don't want your place to reek and smoke up once in a while. No need to be paranoid at home. :o

But at home, cockroaches might crawl out of my toilet and eat my brain!!!

There's mellow dank and trippy dank. :word:

So I'm 25 years old, and I live on my own. But I have only been on my own for a year. I lived with my parents until I was 24. Living in California, with no education, it was next to impossible for me to get out of the house, and be able to afford it. I tried living with some friends for a bit, but I got screwed over and lost the friendship.

So in January last year, I packed up and moved across the country. My brother lives in Tennessee, and I came out here to live.

I've been doing decently. Despite having my parents take care of me for, a long time, I know how to work. I work 2 jobs, and while I struggle sometimes, I am able to take care of myself. My bills and rent get paid. I have food and groceries. It's tough, but it gets done.

But I think I've realized that emotionally, I have been unable to take care of myself. When I first got out here, it wasn't a problem. I spent a lot of time hanging out with my brother, and his family. Started meeting some new people and going out. It was fun.

But the past couple months or so (especially around Christmas, my first away from home), things changed. I've been suffering from relentless anxiety since December. I made a post about my illogical fear of flying because I was supposed to go home to California (a trip I ultimately cancelled, for various reasons, but the dominating one was my anxiety and fear). Back in July, I took myself to the emergency for chest pains, thinking I was having a heart attack - only to be told I was perfectly healthy and there was nothing wrong with me (I am now in debt to the hospital $1300 for a gas pain... :wow:). I recently went through a major phase where I became emotionally crippled by the thought of my own mortality (and the mortality of my loved ones, especially my parents). Just the knowledge that ONE day, the time will come that my parents won't be here, and eventually, I won't be here. And now - I've had, well I wouldn't even call it a headache. It doesn't hurt. But I feel a weird sensation sometimes when I bend over to pick something up, and have had a weird feeling in my head. What is in actuality more than likely a head cold, I have built up in my head as a brain tumor :whatever:

I try to go out, a lot of this I think is just anxiety from being alone (and not just romantically, but I don't have that many friends out here that I spend much time with), but whenever I get home, my mind floods back to these negative thoughts. I've tried meditation, and it helps slightly, but not a bit.

The world is changing around me, and I think I'm finally beginning to realize it. I've lived in a rather sheltered bubble most of my life, and now I've broken completely out of it without little transition. It was one extreme to another.

And I think that I am realizing recently that I have much growing up to do still. I feel I am very mature on a lot of levels, but on a lot of emotional levels, I'm not mature. The world (and it's finiteness) scares me, and I don't know how to deal with it.

No, I don't need advice. I'm just venting. It's been a rough patch of time for me these past couple months. But I don't need advice. The fact remains that it is I that has the growing up to do, and certain things I need to face head on for myself. But it is nice to vent sometimes.

this is what i go through every day. and its weird i stumbled across this today when it really hit me much harder today. i knew i was turning into a negative thinker but it been a habit or the last two years that i wonder if this is the way ill always feel on a regular basis. i think about death, and physically having to fight, everyday and the worst possible things in life. i thought this was somehow normal for some people though. i dont think its depression but anxiety is right. it could also have to do with:

- winter blues
- lack of sleep

bc i remember a recent phase where i was actually happy and everything felt so good and easy to do. it was from summer til september.

It's all about adjustment. I'm about to graduate college in May, and while I'm moving back home to save money for at least a year, it's going to be a big change in lifestyle, work wise. Once I land a full-time job (hopefully), it will be the first full-timer I've ever had. I worry that I'm going to hate it and I don't even have it yet. I also constantly worry about my friends becoming more successful than me, but then I catch myself and realize how stupid that is. I had a rough time last semester with this stuff and life after college (the real world ooooo scary) , but then I kinda started to live by these guidelines.

1. It's your own life, don't let anyone else try to tell you HOW to live it. If something makes you happy, do it. If your truly hate your job or surroundings or anything about your current situation and can afford to make a change, DO IT. Screw it all.

2. You only get one shot at life, be happy and more importantly, do it YOUR way. There will be worries, but that's apart of life. Overcoming those worries is what can make life really amazing. You see things so much clearer once your overcome an obstacle.

3. What your probably worrying about is most likely not as bad as you think it is.

4. Don't worry about past mistakes or regrets, it will get you nowhere. I once read a quote that said you can't connect the dots in life looking backwards, only forwards.

5. Worrying gets you absolutely nowhere. It's useless and once you rationalize that in your mind in the middle of a big panic or worry, it will subside I bet.

6. Find something that can truly be your safe-haven or outlet. For me, it's movies. I know that movies will always be around (right?) and there will always be a movie out there that can cheer me up. Movies are powerful, for me at least. They are something I know I will always have no matter what situation I'm in.

Kinda long and random but meh, I hope it helped. Remember, your life, not anyone else's.

Last edited:
My brother told me once recently that there's really not much that I have to worry about, and there are people out there with real problems and struggles on their hands.

My response was that's exactly what my concern is, that at any moment what I have can be taken from me.

What I have, I feel is an amazing life. I couldn't really ask for too much more. Sure, I want more money and material things, but when it comes to the important things, I have it all. Physically healthy, a great family on all aspects, blessed with great friends.

But life is so fragile, and at any moment, it can all be taken away. Realizing that everything is finite, if through nothing else than mortality, sucks.

:(

That, and chaseter has been staring through my window from a ladder for like a week now. I don't know what he's planning on doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"