Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Yeah I read Crawford's review as well; however, as I stated, I would think it would be much more noticeable on Batman than with the Joker being that the hair is fairly capable of concealing the "door" as you put it. Q1 2010 is very vague and would include the first three months of 2010 - most of which is Winter - so I guess you could argue that it comprises the Winter of 2009 and the Spring of 2010 but it is just so vague and imprecise that the actual date should have been declared by now ... maybe it's just me, but I would like to know when I'm receiving something after forking over $200 for the product.

This is why I never pre-order things any more,unless there is a specific date given that isn't all that far off. Otherwise, I've trained myself to be patient where items this expensive are concerned. These things aren't that important that I absolutely must have them NOW.

True but I did save a lot in comparison to what the current asking prices are on ebay. Fortunately, I have kept in constant conversation with the seller and he has been very responsive and good throughout the transaction. I just was very anxious for it to come out; now that it has, I'm much less worried.

great improvement, look at that detail on the head. Sticky gun looks sick

great improvement, look at that detail on the head. Sticky gun looks sick

I'm glad that they changed the gloss that was originally used in the TDK version on the cowl - it was WAY off. Now, it looks much closer to the actual suit. I also like that they added new detail to the suit on the legs and reduced the "gut" from the TDK version.

Hmmm...they missed some lines on the leg panels, but oh well - still better than the MMS version!

Update on Hot Toys MMS DX Batman Figure

Hello,
We had a large order in with a distributor to coincide with the Hong Kong release. We have learned that this distributor has gone bankrupt and is no longer fulfilling orders. We will not be receiving this Batman figure before it’s US release (now expected in May). We want you to know that you will for sure receive a Batman figure, but it will be on our regular release. We will refund any extra money paid for these early buy orders and you are welcome to cancel the order if you do not wish to wait.

We appreciate your patience and are sorry, but we did not know this information until just a few days ago…

We appreciate your business!
Adam & the gang at Urban Collector

if you like our site, tell others-if not, tell us...

Urban Collector fails again...

Once again why I go with a direct Hong Kong distributor off of ebay...

How come no posts...

dscf8750.jpg

dscf8761.jpg

dscf8768s.jpg

dscf8776.jpg

dscf8770q.jpg

dscf8772.jpg

dscf8786.jpg

dscf8791s.jpg

dscf8797.jpg

dscf8800.jpg

Last edited:
You are just showing off Vodoun! Great pictures as usual. I got mine Monday past and I have stuck the sonar head and the sticky gun on my old dark knight beer belly figure so that I have two. Looks ace. I have took a few pics but I am still trying to get used to my camera. Should have some pics up in a few weeks. I am guessing that you must have at least one of those figures on display eh vodoun? I am fast running out of space for all these things! The figure really is top notch and it is like looking at the real batman at times.

"UrbAN MoVINg SyStems"

You are just showing off Vodoun! Great pictures as usual. I got mine Monday past and I have stuck the sonar head and the sticky gun on my old dark knight beer belly figure so that I have two. Looks ace. I have took a few pics but I am still trying to get used to my camera. Should have some pics up in a few weeks. I am guessing that you must have at least one of those figures on display eh vodoun? I am fast running out of space for all these things! The figure really is top notch and it is like looking at the real batman at times.

"UrbAN MoVINg SyStems"
Have you had any issues like oil buildup like some people on other forums are talking about?

Hey Bmac attack. No I have not had any issues with oil so far but then I still have the new suit figure in the box. I have yet to fit his magnetic belt and take some pics although my initial inspections have revealed no oil.

I would not tell to many people about the oil bmac otherwise the US government might invade Hot Toys HQ to try and restore democracy!

"URBAn MOvINg SYsteMS"

UPDATE...

For those of us who ordered DX 02 Batman form Urbancollector like me... I got an email that said they will not be getting these until JUNE that may seem like a long wait on top of the rest of the wait but it gives me hope that Hottoys is trying to correct the oil problem before they ship Dc Directs shippment... :) :) :) Heres hoping they think of something to fix it before they ship...

What's this about oil?

A great deal of people who have gotten these already have a oil issue:wow::wow::wow: with there Batmans... Oil:wow::wow::wow: is appearing on the lower abs of a lot of the DX Batmans so far... So Im hoping DC Direct will get a corrected batch...

Theres a whole section on this at sideshow freak broads about this cause many people are affected I guess :wow::wow::wow:...

It has to be cleaned twice daily for some people because of build up...

Yeah, some are reporting oil straight out of the box and Hot Toys doesn't seem to be doing anything about it. They are just telling people that they have to live with it. I love these figures but this is a bit dissappointing and a prime reason why I haven't bought the figure yet.

i just got mine on saturday and it is stunning. i like this figure even more than the mmx joker.
no oil problems so far... there was a very small amount on the lower abs initially but no buildup.
my only complaint is the lack of poseability. i may need to mess with it more, but its really hard to move the arms into upward poses (above the chest is near impossible), since the suit is separate from the body, and the shoulder pieces restrict arm movement.

This is what happens to early releases on anything, i.e. movies, toys, etc. I noticed people who ordered from DC Direct were getting early released figures (all the way to january 2010 and paid more for it). Hopefully those are the leaky ones. It might be a good rule of thumb to be patient. I do hope that mine gets here late, as late as they'd like to ship it, so I have a better chance of getting a "good" leakless one. I do hope I don't jinx myself here, but oh well.

4134050939a12282858643l.jpg

Joker: "I Call Heads!!!
Batman: "I Call Heads!!!

Two Face:"Joker gets it. You need to stop talking in that stupid voice Batman I could not hear you right. Best two out of three"

Here is some pics of my dx02 batman. They are all of the sonar head batman on my original TDK costume figure. I am hoping to get some pics of the pers head and new body soon.

4134050939a12282857516l.jpg

4134050939a12282858019l.jpg

4134050939a12282858151l.jpg

4134050939a12282858209l.jpg

4134050939a12282858355l.jpg

4134050939a12282858327l.jpg

4134050939a12282858267l.jpg

4134050939a12282857944l.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Guys I have been here two days. I have always been a superhero guy and bought a few figures. Well I walked into a local shop yesterday Planning on buying the DC Direct Joker, well the UPS guy came in with the stores first Hot Toys figure it is not a high end place. Well I could not resist after comparing the two figures and I went on the computer to learn more. Well I have read this whole forum and I have been on ebay and I have bought the TDK DX02, Iron Man Mark 3 Battle Damage, Sideshow medicon spider-man comic style, Black Movie 3 style, and Peter Parker. I bought the Batman Returns Cowl pre-order and I bought a Hot Toys Bat-Pod a few minutes ago. I can't be stopped I have the Sideshow Snake Eyes already I don't think there is anyone else I want. I cannot wait to be able to pre-order so I do not have to pay the inflated prices from Hong Kong but I did not want to wait long. I have a few questions. How long does shipping take from Hong Kong? Do you usually pre-order or buy as soon as you can get a figure? I' am feeling that I am sticking with this hobby now as well as replica props, I have the Snake Eyes Sword from the G.I. Joe Movie and Darth Vaders light saber. But I love the detail on these figures now I am thinking I need another TDK so I can put one on the Bat-Pod and display one with the sonar head and backpack what do you think? Thanks for letting me vent and the help you have all given me. I think I will be around a lot now lol.

Well I bought another TDK DX02 and a Hot Toys Batmobile I think I should be done:)

The DX Batman is a fantastic figure and one of Hot Toys best. The only thing stopping it from beating the DX Joker as my favourite is the oil problem (he leaks fluid from the bottom armour plates on his chest - this seems to be a universal problem shared by nearly everyone with the figure). The Joker also has the added bonus of coming with the Police Outfit, allowing for a totally new figure (all you need is a TrueType body).
Some photos of my DX Batman:

darkknightdx.jpg

batmandx1.jpg

batmandx2.jpg

And one with duller lighting, just to show that his cape is a nice Black colour and not the lighter colour in my other photos:
dxbatman1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"