How Good is Cameron Crowe?

Calvin

Muchas smooches
Reaction score
I went on a Crowe binge last night. For the life of me, I can't think of many directors that can capture love in all its forms like Cameron Crowe (possibly Linklater). Watched Say Anything, Almost Famous, and Vanilla Sky back to back to back. Not only does this guy do soundtracks like no other, but he's one of the best directors out there in my opinion. I actually haven't seen Elizebethtown though. It's on my netflix list, I've just been straggling because I can't for the christ of me stand Dunst.

he has one good movie, Say Anything...so, not very good :o

love all his movies :up:

The Joker said:
No chance in hell. You're a terrible human being.

The Joker said:

Another moron who can't recongize a quality film,Vanila Sky wasn't that good and neither was Elizebethtown but Jerry Maguire and Almost Famous were excellent...both Oscar picture nominations.Only thing I don't like about Kirstin Dunset is the fact that she resfuses to get naked. I fell asleep during interview with a vampire in the theater.

Shuley said:
Another moron who can't recongize a quality film,Vanila Sky wasn't that good and neither was Elizebethtown but Jerry Maguire and Almost Famous were excellent...both Oscar picture nominations.Only thing I don't like about Kirstin Dunset is the fact that she resfuses to get naked. I fell asleep during interview with a vampire in the theater.
Vanilla Sky is utterly utterly underrated. I really don't want to see Dunst naked though.

Vanilla Sky is amazing, the scene at the end is great "see you in another life"

I've seen most of Almost Famous, and all of Vanilla Sky and Jerry Maguire. I neither loved nor hated AF, but I enjoyed Vanilla Sky a lot (particularly the soundtrack) when I saw it, and I've seen Jerry Maguire too many times to count.

As a director... he's alright, I guess. I would put him with the greats or anything, but y'know.

Kirsten%20Dunst%2017.jpg

This....naked?

"ZE GOGGLES...ZEY DO NA-THING!!!!"

He is either great or he really misses the mark.

SAY ANYTHING - classic
SINGLES - okay
JERRY MAGUIRE - corny as all get up - highly overrated movie
ALMOST FAMOUS - classic
VANILLA SKY - pale imitation of the original Spanish film "Open Your Eyes" - seriously, watch "Abre los Ojos (Open Your Eyes)" and you will know that Vanilla Sky is mediocure at best - actually it is a disaster compared to the original
ELIZABETHTOWN - not very good

reggiebar said:
the original Spanish film "Open Your Eyes" - seriously, watch "Abre los Ojos (Open Your Eyes)"

I saw part of that on TV one night. I wasn't starting from the beginning though, so I turned it off after awhile. I wrote down some quote from it somewhere... yeah, it seemed worthwhile.

Childlike Wild said:
I saw part of that on TV one night. I wasn't starting from the beginning though, so I turned it off after awhile. I wrote down some quote from it somewhere... yeah, it seemed worthwhile.

Vanilla Sky is an American remake of this film and Vanilla Sky is terrible when compared to the original.

How good is Crowe? Let me put it this way.

Almost Famous is my favorite movie ever. And my second favorite film? Amy Heckerling's Fast Times At Ridgemont High, based on a book written by Crowe with a screenplay written by Crowe.

I think by now you can gather how I feel about Crowe.

Hey Calvin, have you ever seen Singles? Great movie. :up:

ANTHONYNASTI said:
How good is Crowe? Let me put it this way.

Almost Famous is my favorite movie ever. And my second favorite film? Amy Heckerling's Fast Times At Ridgemont High, based on a book written by Crowe with a screenplay written by Crowe.

I think by now you can gather how I feel about Crowe.
He makes you feel funny down there? :o

I like Jerry Maguire and from what I have seen of the two movies Vanilla Sky and Almost Famous look good(havnt finished them yet). I will probably continue to see Crowe movies, but Elizabeth town looked boring and i will probably never give it a try.

cerealkiller182 said:
I like Jerry Maguire and from what I have seen of the two movies Vanilla Sky and Almost Famous look good(havnt finished them yet). I will probably continue to see Crowe movies, but Elizabeth town looked boring and i will probably never give it a try.

You must finish watching Almost Famous as soon as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"