How influential is the media?

The Media is more influential to what you think, fear and feel than you will ever fully understand.

Vega_8.gif
The media is capable of molding and changing minds and perspectives on personal and social matters like family, religion, life in general, education, and etc. Wrather than people just taking in information and making their own conclusion on it they expect the media to make up THEIR minds and make the conclusions for THEM. Nowadays, people are not capable of changing their own minds no matter how much evidence is against them because of media being to biased towards certains opinions and perspectives.

E. Bison said:
Vega_8.gif
The media is capable of molding and changing minds and perspectives on personal and social matters like family, religion, life in general, education, and etc. Wrather than people just taking in information and making their own conclusion on it they expect the media to make up THEIR minds and make the conclusions for THEM. Nowadays, people are not capable of changing their own minds no matter how much evidence is against them because of media being to biased towards certains opinions and perspectives.
This is exactly why I stay away from TV entirely...it helps I think.

ShadowBoxing said:
This is exactly why I stay away from TV entirely...it helps I think.
Bison1.gif
It also makes you develop better sentence structuring.

Mee said:
Well thanks to Stephen Colbert I bought a gun to prepare for the eventual bear invasion.

Don't worry, the Reptilians will kill the bears with their telepathy and their ray guns. But then, who will kill the Reptilians? I know who:

sseagal.jpg

bored said:
Again, read Marshall Macluhan sometime. The very way people think is partially set by the media.

I read some of Macluhan's stuff in college. Pretty fascinating.

jag

The bulk of the UK population trust the TV more than their own Mother.

The Storm said:
I find its the same with the Middle East. First Iraq was made out to be the bad guy nows it Iran. The media has helped increase the general public's fear of Arabs or anyone from the Middle East.

Iran is making itself the bad guy on its own.

The internet is probably the most influential outlet.

It influences people's buying decisions unlike anything else.

Comics,clothes,shoes,tech gear,furniture,dvds,cds,music,etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"