Superman Returns How long is this movie going to be???

S

SuperDave

Hi SR Fans :supes: ,

I am sorry if this may have been covered before, but I was wondering how long this movie is going to turn out to be. Does anyone know this information? I am a big Superman fan and am really looking forward to this movie, but was curious about the length. It seems a lot of things need to be covered such as:

1. The return of Clark (reading old newspapers, being on the farm, being with his Mom)
2. Exploring Krypton.
2. The return of Superman and a long shuttle rescue
3. Getting back together with Lois.
4. Flashbacks of when Clark was young discovering his powers.
5. The whole storyline around the kid and if he is Superman's.
6. The explanation for the suit and how it came to be.
7. Interactation with Lex Luthor.
8. The development of Lex's plan.
9. Nods to previous films and to CR.
10. Jor - El footage.
11. Superfeats.
12. The setup of the next film or hints of it.

The following was just a list of the many things that will be covered in the film (I am sure there are more) ... is it too much ... will the movie be too long and how long do you think it will be ... I think it will be over 2 hours for sure and I wonder how people will react ... is Singer trying to make this movie all things to all people ... what are your thoughts ... please be nice ...

SuperDave :supes:

If I remember correctly I think they said it will be about 2hrs and 30mins long.
That would be a good length imo.

^Yep thats the length. One of the review threads have it.

The movie should run around 2:30... Could be a bit more... maybe 2:35 give or take. Either way, the movie will be more than long enough, and looking at the time schedule they've had to shoot this picture in, NOTHING was rushed.

Heh, yeah it think it will be. I'm hoping for around 2 hours and a half.

Any Longer than 3 hrs people will get board regardless of what movie!!!!!

3 hours is to much. it really is. 2.30 would be very good.

HULK LOVER said:
Any Longer than 3 hrs people will get board regardless of what movie!!!!!

I wasn't when I watched Lord of the Rings, in fact I wish they were longer

Morg said:
I wasn't when I watched Lord of the Rings, in fact I wish they were longer
general people dont like long movies. we can get 2:30 for teh theaters and than a extended realese on the DVD

dark_b said:
general people dont like long movies. we can get 2:30 for teh theaters and than a extended realese on the DVD

thats not quite true..depends on what your watching.

:up:

like lord of the rings if the movie is exciting all the way through..people don't notice the time.

dark_b said:

To be honest I would liked to see the extended release on the big screen first and then get the dvd later

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
thats not quite true..depends on what your watching.

like lord of the rings if the movie is exciting all the way through..people don't notice the time.
i know a lot of people who watched LOTR on the dvd because they were so long.

dark_b said:
i know a lot of people who watched LOTR on the dvd because they were so long.

It still depends on what your watching dude..if your a massive LOTR fan..you would sit and watch that movie 3 hours +..if your a massive superman fan well you get the idea.. as long as it is entertaining.. 3hours+ is nothing.

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
It still depends on what your watching dude..if your a massive LOTR fan..you would sit and watch that movie 3 hours +..if your a massive superman fan well you get the idea.. as long as it is entertaining.. 3hours+ is nothing.
i know what you mean.

i will only say this: 3 hours was teh reason why KK didnt make huge BO plus it was a remake.. noone wanted to see this movie with me. why? because it was 3 hours long.

if there is a 3 hours superman movie than yo can forget about big BO.

SuperDave said:
Hi SR Fans :supes: ,

I am sorry if this may have been covered before, but I was wondering how long this movie is going to turn out to be. Does anyone know this information? I am a big Superman fan and am really looking forward to this movie, but was curious about the length. It seems a lot of things need to be covered such as:

1. The return of Clark (reading old newspapers, being on the farm, being with his Mom)
2. Exploring Krypton.
2. The return of Superman and a long shuttle rescue
3. Getting back together with Lois.
4. Flashbacks of when Clark was young discovering his powers.
5. The whole storyline around the kid and if he is Superman's.
6. The explanation for the suit and how it came to be.
7. Interactation with Lex Luthor.
8. The development of Lex's plan.
9. Nods to previous films and to CR.
10. Jor - El footage.
11. Superfeats.
12. The setup of the next film or hints of it.

The following was just a list of the many things that will be covered in the film (I am sure there are more) ... is it too much ... will the movie be too long and how long do you think it will be ... I think it will be over 2 hours for sure and I wonder how people will react ... is Singer trying to make this movie all things to all people ... what are your thoughts ... please be nice ...

SuperDave :supes:

Also 6 action sequences.

I think it is going to be about 140-150 minutes.

Origin+Action+Love story=EPIC!

no..because Kong isn't as big of a charctor as it was made out to be.

LOTR was phenomen only because people had big interest about it. That is why it made HUGE box office.

as long it's 2 full hours, i'll be happy. 2 hours 30 minutes is PERFECT imo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"