How Many Chapters

filmfan

Civilian
Reaction score
How many Chapters do we think will be in this new DC Film future and who could be the new big bad

I think it will have to be a threat that will force them all to come together to face it.
3 or 4 come to mind.
Obviously Darkseid.
Brainiac,
The Anti-monitor
Or maybe Trigon.

Of course Gunn may have something similar in mind to kingdom come, where the heroes are slowly replaced by more cool, violent ones, and we don't have a galactic ending threat, just earth based threats.
I hope not.

Didn't Gunn say there would only be 2 chapters in their 8-10 year plan?

I think it will have to be a threat that will force them all to come together to face it.
3 or 4 come to mind.
Obviously Darkseid.
Brainiac,
The Anti-monitor
Or maybe Trigon.

Of course Gunn may have something similar in mind to kingdom come, where the heroes are slowly replaced by more cool, violent ones, and we don't have a galactic ending threat, just earth based threats.
I hope not.

You can't/shouldn't do Trigon for two very good reasons.

(1) he's visually too similar to Sabbac and (2) it will mean the movie definitely can't get a release in China.

I'd use the anti Monitor and go all out.

I sincerely hope that they don’t use Anti Monitor. He’s devoid of personality.

I’d go with Eclipso or Superboy Prime.

No to either of those. We need a huge threat.

If you are doing a Crisis On Infinite Earths storyline, obviously the Anti-Monitor makes sense for that but if you aren't doing that storyline yet there is no need to use him for something else.

I am thinking we are going to get a version of the New Frontier storyline as our big team up event.

No to either of those. We need a huge threat.
Eclipso is a pretty huge threat. Potentially bigger than Darkseid. He is powerful in an emotionally and mentally manipulative way, and can also be threatening physically because of his powers.

And Superboy Prime has been the villain of a crisis story. The guy is a huge threat. It’s all of the power of Superman in a petulant teenager. He also has had a fall from grace that makes him a tragic Anakin Skywalker-esque character.

Both of those characters easily trump Anti-Monitor, who has zero personality and only exists as a catalyst for a story that really makes no sense for the cinematic universe inasmuch as it exists only to reboot things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"