Sequels How many Thor films will be made?

If Feige meant what he said it could be indefinite.
They don't plan on rebooting individual franchises but instead they will keep building on what they have, even when the original actors are no longer available.

So long as the quality remains I don't mind, but honestly I can't imagine anyone else but Hemsworth.

I imagine we'll get a recast and a set of movies out of the next Thor actor before the MCU bubble bursts.

It will be recast. They might not release on for 5-6 years, or he may just appear in cameos. But they can stretch it as long as they want.

unlike RDJ, Evans or others I believe Hemsworth is both interested to play this role after Avengers 3 and won't ask for a huge paycheck. They can kill off Stark for a phase or two, introduce new Cap after Cap3/Avengers3 but Hemsworth seems fine with his place in MCU. I think we will have Chris for Thor 4, Avengers 4 and maybe even Thor 5 somewhere in 2020. Maybe he'll even become Marvels' Wolverine - Jackman is with Fox for almost 15 years now and by the time Avengers 3 will premiere Thor will be in MCU for 8 or so years. And Chris himself is just 31 years old, he has plenty of time to explore the character.

I think, if they do Ragnarok right, there will be some more Thor movies beginning 2020.

As i wrote in a different thread, i think, it is too early to bring Ragnarok - because they should show more stuff about Thor and his world before they go into this!

And, in movies, what should come after Ragnarok?! Can it really be better - or does the franchise go downwards, as they already showed the "peak"... i think its not a good idea for the franchise overall, to bring this theme so early!

But, if they do it right, there will be a fourth film for sure. And then it will depend, if the fourth movie is a success, and what they still have to offer with a fifth movie...

As they plan already till 2028 - i do not really think, that they will do this without Thor, one of there most successful heroes ;)
And if all works fine, we see around 2028 the sixth solo-movie from the Asgards...

With the same actor? or Thor movies in general?

With the same actor, since he is young probably a handful more. Maybe 5 in total? or he might stop after 3 and then just be in avengers movies after that. Unless he doesn't want to do it anymore. Thor movies in general will most likely be around forever though, that is if Hollywood doesn't explode one day. They'll just recast.

unlike RDJ, Evans or others I believe Hemsworth is both interested to play this role after Avengers 3 and won't ask for a huge paycheck. They can kill off Stark for a phase or two, introduce new Cap after Cap3/Avengers3 but Hemsworth seems fine with his place in MCU. I think we will have Chris for Thor 4, Avengers 4 and maybe even Thor 5 somewhere in 2020. Maybe he'll even become Marvels' Wolverine - Jackman is with Fox for almost 15 years now and by the time Avengers 3 will premiere Thor will be in MCU for 8 or so years. And Chris himself is just 31 years old, he has plenty of time to explore the character.
I hope you are right! I get a good vibe from him in interviews in regards to him being with Marvel long-term. And I didn't even know he was that young either, so that makes things even better in regards to this!

Just voted 5+ because Hemsworth is a fun guy, team player and I expect to see him keep coming back for as many as he can. With Waititi we might also see a ton of new energy injected into the property. Kenneth Branagh has also stated many many times that he could see himself returning to direct another in the future. So worst case scenario, we might see it slow to 4 years between films but I expect these ones to keep going and going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"