World Current Thor in Comics

jaqua99

....I need a horse!
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what's going in with Thor currently?

I am on a budget, and can't afford comics right now, and I can't seem to find anything online that will be up to date.

Last I heard was when Hulk knocked out Thor with his hammer,

and how Thor has been getting Jobbered in Avengers vs Xmen.

Last I heard was the emma frost fight.

Anything else happen with him recently?
Thanks

Hulk didn't knock him out with his hammer, that was the Red Hulk.

In one of the avengers comics? When Thanos told Hulk to destroy them?

Also, are you as disgusted with Marvel as I am right now? For the Avengers x men arc? Every single one Thor gets trashed. And based on the previews for this one, it looks like Thor gets killed.

Again.

I for one am sick and tired of seeing this, someone at Marvel really hates Thor. I am really torn between 2 things right now,

1. Writing a letter of complaint to Marvel. Because this is absolutely ridiculous.

2. Just stop reading comics involving Thor because I can hardly read this anymore.

Looks like Marvel is about to kill Thor..again. He just came back in like March.

**** marvel for what they are doing to Thor. I'm utterly disgusted.

If they kill him off in this arc, I am officially done reading marvel comics, until I hear word that the recent jobber has ended, my marvel fix will be the movies.

Disgusted

Last edited:
Yes, that sucks. We are a little late over here, I picked up The Mighty Thor - The Galactus Seed and what happend at the end? Surprise, surprise, Thor died. Next issue introduces Tanarus. Who needs this???

And when I read this outlook I decide to collect some ancient issues at ebay.

Disgusted, too.

I'm actually reading old Thor issues on a DVD Rom. I've decided as long as Marvel mistreats this character they will not have my money.

Yup. That is exactly what I am doing.

In one of the avengers comics? When Thanos told Hulk to destroy them?

Also, are you as disgusted with Marvel as I am right now? For the Avengers x men arc? Every single one Thor gets trashed. And based on the previews for this one, it looks like Thor gets killed.

Again.

I for one am sick and tired of seeing this, someone at Marvel really hates Thor. I am really torn between 2 things right now,

1. Writing a letter of complaint to Marvel. Because this is absolutely ridiculous.

2. Just stop reading comics involving Thor because I can hardly read this anymore.

Looks like Marvel is about to kill Thor..again. He just came back in like March.

**** marvel for what they are doing to Thor. I'm utterly disgusted.

If they kill him off in this arc, I am officially done reading marvel comics, until I hear word that the recent jobber has ended, my marvel fix will be the movies.

Disgusted

I'm actually reading old Thor issues on a DVD Rom. I've decided as long as Marvel mistreats this character they will not have my money.

Hell yeah guys I agree :up:

I guess all that talk Marvel was doing about how powerful Thor is in "A vs X-Men" was a bunch of ********.

seriously, and now in avengers vs xmen 9, thor is in some prison now or something? seriously

Marvel is straight up giving Thor the shaft, he just gets p@wned over and over again. Im glad i stopped wasting money on marvel comics. Too bad i cant find my old Thor comics :( ... Here is a being who took down a friggin army of sky father level celestials and he gets beat up by hulks? Its just dumb at this point

Marvel is straight up giving Thor the shaft, he just gets p@wned over and over again. Im glad i stopped wasting money on marvel comics. Too bad i cant find my old Thor comics :( ... Here is a being who took down a friggin army of sky father level celestials and he gets beat up by hulks? Its just dumb at this point

I agree totally. They have reduced Thor's hammer into a simple blunt object in fights these days. Marvel depowered Thor but they overpower the Hulk so much it's ridiculous. I'm a casual Hulk fan but this crap is nuts. Thor could fight whole armies of asgardians and trolls on his own but he can't stand up to the Hulk? Utter bs imo.

I agree totally. They have reduced Thor's hammer into a simple blunt object in fights these days. Marvel depowered Thor but they overpower the Hulk so much it's ridiculous. I'm a casual Hulk fan but this crap is nuts. Thor could fight whole armies of asgardians and trolls on his own but he can't stand up to the Hulk? Utter bs imo.

I'm almost to the point where I want to say....**** Marvel!

Last edited:
Why are you guys reading Matt Fraction's Thor anyway? Savvy readers know that Kieron Gillen's Journey into Mystery is where it's at for all the juiciest Midgard action. ;)

I will say that I'm highly looking forward to the Thor: God of Thunder relaunch later this year. Jason Aaron (my favourite Marvel writer) paired with Esad Ribic (my favourite Marvel artist) working on my favourite corner of the Marvel Universe? SOLD!

I was just thinking..When Thor came back from the dead a few years ago he still had the Odin Force but for some reason the writers would not let him use it much (he did recreate Asgard) or even keep it. At first I thought it was due to the writers saying that his inexperience in using that much power causes him to hold back but now I think its because they didn't want him overshadowing other characters. I remember reading someone saying the fights would be too one sided and it would be boring? So the opposite is great right?!! Having a Phoenix Force powered Emma Frost beat him is okay I guess? It's okay to have a World Breaker Hulk but not a Thor with a least a sizeable portion of the Odin Force? Sighs.. My rant is over for now. (shakes head in disgust)

agreed. What is going on today?

The only recent writer that got Thor right, in my opinion, was JMS.

But he's gone.

Honestly, I took Thor off my pull list some time ago.

I'm not sure what to think about this month's release of what appears to be a re-booted Thor. Time will tell. If it is crap like what they have been putting out lately, Thor will remain off my pull list.

Why are you guys reading Matt Fraction's Thor anyway? Savvy readers know that Kieron Gillen's Journey into Mystery is where it's at for all the juiciest Midgard action. ;)

I will say that I'm highly looking forward to the Thor: God of Thunder relaunch later this year. Jason Aaron (my favourite Marvel writer) paired with Esad Ribic (my favourite Marvel artist) working on my favourite corner of the Marvel Universe? SOLD!
I've been reading both runs. lol just not as excited as I was when the new Walt covers hit. STILL hoping and praying we get some Walt again

I like some of it but now it seems like little Loki is back to his troublemaking ways and double-crossing on Thor?

I was just thinking..When Thor came back from the dead a few years ago he still had the Odin Force but for some reason the writers would not let him use it much (he did recreate Asgard) or even keep it. At first I thought it was due to the writers saying that his inexperience in using that much power causes him to hold back but now I think its because they didn't want him overshadowing other characters. I remember reading someone saying the fights would be too one sided and it would be boring? So the opposite is great right?!! Having a Phoenix Force powered Emma Frost beat him is okay I guess? It's okay to have a World Breaker Hulk but not a Thor with a least a sizeable portion of the Odin Force? Sighs.. My rant is over for now. (shakes head in disgust)

When Thor moved Asgard over New York the world teamed up to beat him, but King thor killed them all, including Hulk, Thing, Wolverine, Captain America just to name a few. The world breaker thor has been done, its a great read, however the timeline was set back in thor 79 right before the Avengers dissasembled arc.

I think its funny that someone who says they haven't been reading Thor books wants to write in to complain about Thor books.

Anyway, I have just read the first 4 issues if Marvel Now! Thor: God of Thunder, by Aaron and Ribic. If you disliked anything before, for whatever reason, now is the time to jump back on board!! I'm a little late to the game myself, the series must be on issue 20 by now. But for someone who admittedly not read very much Thor, (Heroes Return by Jurgens and Romita Jr., and JMS and Coipel), this series has me hooked for the long haul!

I think its funny that someone who says they haven't been reading Thor books wants to write in to complain about Thor books.

Anyway, I have just read the first 4 issues if Marvel Now! Thor: God of Thunder, by Aaron and Ribic. If you disliked anything before, for whatever reason, now is the time to jump back on board!! I'm a little late to the game myself, the series must be on issue 20 by now. But for someone who admittedly not read very much Thor, (Heroes Return by Jurgens and Romita Jr., and JMS and Coipel), this series has me hooked for the long haul!

to be fair most of this thread was put together before Aaron ever started writing Thor.
As of recently, yes Thor has been getting his do. Aaron's run has been excellent, Hickman and Remender have both given Thor his respects in their Avengers. The Galactus fight has been a total Nerdgasm, can't wait for part 3 next week!

to be fair most of this thread was put together before Aaron ever started writing Thor.
As of recently, yes Thor has been getting his do. Aaron's run has been excellent, Hickman and Remender have both given Thor his respects in their Avengers. The Galactus fight has been a total Nerdgasm, can't wait for part 3 next week!

I totally agree with you.

After Fraction gave us a very much out of character Thor and Odin and silly stories with rather unused potential, Jason Aarons God of Thunder run was brilliant!!! Gods, how much I enjoyed that masterpiece. Not only that I got the feeling that he understood Thor, he also wrote fresh entertaining and challenging stories.

But as we all know, things won't last that good for long. It happened after JMS great run and now again. The worst thing is, that Aaron will stay and is actually part of... of ... THIS. Apparently no one's job is safe these days. Not even the job of a Thunder God. Gaaah! :(

To anyone who hasn't got the full God of Thunder run already, I highly recommend getting the TPB! It's one of the best runs ever. Truly. ^_^

What happened to the final double issue to end Thor: God of Thunder? It kept being postponed on the official site and now it's just gone.

Mjölnir;29577097 said:
What happened to the final double issue to end Thor: God of Thunder? It kept being postponed on the official site and now it's just gone.

You're right, it's not up on marvel's site right now. That's weird.

I found this preview on newsarama that just posted today, though, so it must still be coming. And the preview still says September, before the launch of the new run.

http://www.newsarama.com/21933-thor...paign=Feed:+newsaramafilm+(Newsarama.com+film

EDIT: And it's still listed here, with a September 17th release date. http://marvel.wikia.com/Thor:_God_of_Thunder_Vol_1_25

Last edited:
Just saw in an issue page shared by a Facebook friend that Thor is unable to lift Mjolnir, making him unworthy. Didn't get to see though what happened before that. I figure that's the stage set for the female Thor to come in.

Just saw in an issue page shared by a Facebook friend that Thor is unable to lift Mjolnir, making him unworthy. Didn't get to see though what happened before that. I figure that's the stage set for the female Thor to come in.

I saw just like 3 panels of the new series so far. It was showing Mjölnirs inscription changing.... "if he be worthy" being changed by adding a "s" for she. The other stuff was basically concept art and one cover art.

As it looks now, Thor will do something in a battle for Asgard when Malekith and Frost Giants attack. He will become unworthy by doing whatever it is and they even take his last shirt from him lol. Yep, he'll run around shirtless as unworthy Thor. That seems to be his basic outfit from now on. Yeah, Marvel can be so subtile sometimes. "Getting more female readers". <_< Riiiight.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"