Superman Returns How much does the suit cost in real life?

ohmshalone

on the brink of sanity
Reaction score
I asked this yesterday but my thread didn't show up for some reason

it's probably comparable to the spiderman suit. Weren't a few of those stolen during production of the first film... and i think they mentioned a price... does anybody remember?

I wonder if its as expensive as batmans movie-price suit... $300,000

^ I think it is more are you forgetting this is SUPERMAN!!!

Well if you ignore the collectible value. I would say it probably cost in the low hundred thousands. The Begins costume cost that much more because sculpting
was involved. I think less work certainly goes into developing something that is bascially a spandex suit. However the materials used would jack the price up.

Well from a deverlopment point of view I am sure it was expensive. They spent alot of tme playing with new fabrics and they even created a few to try with the suit.

Thats an expensive process to go through.

The codpiece alone must have cost a cool hundred grand from all the material used to produce such a massive piece of "equipment".

Mentok said:
Well from a deverlopment point of view I am sure it was expensive. They spent alot of tme playing with new fabrics and they even created a few to try with the suit.

Thats an expensive process to go through.

Too bad it doesn't look it. It's a decent suit at best.

Didnt someone, maybe Singer, say that ripping a suit was like driving a Ferrari off a bridge?

anyone remember that

imagine what that suit would cost in 'fake-life.' Lois was a fool to return that cape in S4.

Admiral_N8 said:
Didnt someone, maybe Singer, say that ripping a suit was like driving a Ferrari off a bridge?

I don't get it. Or maybe it's just so simple and I'm thinking something else.

ferrari's are usually 150,000+ easily...so you rip the suit, you obviously can't sew it, cuz the seams will show up on the scre---oh wait :rolleyes:

SolidSnakeMGS said:
I don't get it. Or maybe it's just so simple and I'm thinking something else.

Basically, he's saying that each suits cost north of $150 K like cyclone pointed out, so when you rip one, you can't really mend it, so it's like completely losing 150 grand.

$85,000 a piece, they dont have the screen printing and web and spider add on's like the Spider-man suit. Im just happy he's not all sculpted muscle, he'll actually be able to move.

^^ Ok, thanks. Yeah, that's what I thought it meant but I didn't know these suits were that damn expensive. Holy jeez. Not exactly something you'd wear to cut the grass in or change your oil.

I thought I remember reading 25 or 50K each.....

it must be cheaper than the batman and spiderman suits

DA Harvey Dent said:
Too bad it doesn't look it. It's a decent suit at best.

Looks more expensive than the pile of foam rubber people call the Batman Begins suit :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"