How Much Is Your Student Loan Debt?

Yeah I am hoping that it'll be worth it someday.

And hey, I don't regret it one bit. I just wish it was worth more to me right now when I need a job :(

Considering that I'm heading off to med school...probably Marianas Trench deep.

Yeah I am hoping that it'll be worth it someday.

And hey, I don't regret it one bit. I just wish it was worth more to me right now when I need a job :(

I feel for you. Best of luck to you.

Considering that I'm heading off to med school...probably Marianas Trench deep.

>200K, FTW!

After residency is over, you'll finally be a happy man.

:o

:eek: OMG, my prayers go for you

Thank you! Though it has been worth it. I make a lot of money, so it's not that bad. Right now my payment is equivalent to a car note (A very nice car).

Are you trying to get into the law or medical fields? I hope so.

No. I racked up the majority of debt by going to an expensive private school named USC for 2 graudate degrees. The rest accumulated from interest while I was still in school.

Seriously, I don't know anyone who has less than 80K in student loans. It's just a fact of life when tuition and associated costs is 33K+ per year.

I'm not too worried about it to be honest. When I FINALLY finished with school, my first job paid 65K per year. I now make more than that.

Last edited:
Undergrad is paid off, and the university is paying for my PhD (tuition waiver and stipend) for probably the first three years. I'm hoping that after my graduate assistantship expires I'll be able to fund myself through grants. If all goes well, it'll be a free PhD.

10K, but increased to 30k due to interest and penalties.

I have a friend who wanted to move to my area for school because the West Coast public universities and community colleges had waiting lists for the program he wanted to get into. I told him to wait and do it the right way, or sign up for programs here at state universities or start basics at public community college.

After not hearing from him from over 6 months, one day he comes knocking on my door saying he's already enrolled and starts in a few weeks. He was staying at another friend's house and enrolled in one of those private colleges. Instead of graduating with a a degree and opening doors for higher education, he decided to go to some 16 month certification program. He came out of the program with no degree, a certificate, and $36,000 (which is what I paid for almost all of undergrad) in debt, on top of his other debts he incurred before starting.

Lesson of the day: Don't ever go to private colleges

I'm applying to colleges at the moment, and right now there's a strong possibility that I could earn a Navy ROTC scholarship, which means I'll pay for my entire tuition by joining the Navy for at least 4 years (assuming that's how long it'll take me to finish college) after college.

I'm terrified of the debt I'm going to be in from being a student in an English Uni :(

I havent checked this year but last year it was about 50 K

I feel like I never will be able to pay it all off..

(studying in sweden btw)

Im about 50K as well. Damn Masters. Regret getting that

I only have a 2 year degree (Associates Degree) and my current payoff is around $38,000. That's with interest. I went to a small technical college in my hometown. If I had to do it over again, I definitely would not have gone that route.

[YT]_fAjUvyqq0M&feature=g-all-u[/YT]

"About 25,000... I lucked out".

:csad:

Reposting this because it was taken down so soon after I posted it originally;

Is a college degree worth the cost? You decide.

[YT]kXpwAOHJsxg&feature=g-all-u[/YT]

$12,000 and no, because I dropped out.

Never go to those private colleges you see on TV commercials, kids.

Those colleges are BS every ad every TV commercial for those are fake.

I know the struggling actors who starred in those ads and commercials and never even went to those schools or heard of them, but they are filmed saying it was "the Best choice of there life and they have a Job for there family."

When in reality they have no kids or wife theyre just making a crap amount to exploit themselves in said commercial.

Even game shows on TV are fake, theyre actors or stunt men on those shows, even court shows are fake, they ask people who are paid to sit in court show audience to play a defendant for $50 bucks and they get to leave early.

Everything you see on TV commercials is BS just to make money. I can go on and on how disgusted i was to speak to people who have done it and have been in situations to do it.

$0.00

I was never a brain, never went to college and got a job making 40-45K /yr, while working only 3-4 days a week and all the overtime I want. No wife or kids and I don't have cable or a car payment. I get paid biweekly, one check for the bills, the other check is all mine :) It's not how much you make, it's how manage it. Never saw the need to drive a brand new 40K car/SUV back and forth to work.

My college applications have been ongoing, and I recently got a letter in the mail for a $30K a year academic scholarship to University of Arizona (which I did not even apply to at the time I got the letter).

So...I guess my loan situation won't be too bad if I follow up on this.

This has nothing to do with the Navy ROTC scholarship I mentioned earlier in this thread, btw. Purely just for being recognized as a "National Scholar". And I have no idea if this is the only school that will offer me something of this magnitude yet.

Last edited:
Of course, the downside is that you'll have to live in Arizona.

Of course, the downside is that you'll have to live in Arizona.

You mean the surface of the sun?

Joking aside, I really am more than happy to accept...that much money. haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"