how much longer will TDK merchandise train roll on?

mikey1974

Hit Paydirt With KDRT!
Reaction score
just something i was thinking about,inspired by another boardie in the "Better Class of Toyline" thread....obviously,TDK was the biggest movie of 2008,and appropriately enough there was a ton of stuff (though most of it was kiddie-****)...but there were some gems,like the Movie Master line and the Hot Toys stuff....but,like i said,so last year,and with no media tie-in,and the movie already out on DVD and blue ray,how much longer do you think it can continue? Movie Masters has some more assortments coming out,but Mattel is already looking past TDK for future MM waves...they're gamely trying to make the kiddie line relevant again with new packaging,but it's the same old crap in a nice,shiny foil package...Hot Toys seems to be nearing the end,too,with Two-Face due any day now,and just the Tumbler and Cop Joker left....Medicom seems to be just gearing up now,with a rerelease of the BB version of Bats and the Joker just coming out,with Two-Face and Bruce Wayne on the horizon....

but,honestly,how much longer can it continue?do you think this time next year we'll still be buying some types of TDK merchandise? or will 2009 be the last hurrah for a great frickin flick?

I dont think the MM line will still be going at this time next year also dont think Hottoys will be doing anymore Dark Knight stuff... Unless they decide suddenly to do Nurse Joker... Im hopeing that MM line will have at least one more wave after this one with ether a Cop or Nurse Joker and some more of the Bank Robber Thugs... Thats all I see happening if anything...

The room i have made on the wall for the MM figures sure has been lonely for quite a while. Why can't they get this damn things out, only 7 MM figures and no video game in 10 months after the release of the movie was terrible planning and probably cost these industries tons of money in profits.

IMG_3454.jpg

I think that most toy companies will continue until the stuff doesn't sell. But I can't see it going on another 2 years, ha ha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"