TDK fiugres to have limited retail release??!!

SHADOWBAT69

outlaw
Reaction score
http://www.nypost.com/seven/02162008/news/nationalnews/cruel_joker_97872.htm

According to this article, Mattel has planned on using comic shops as the main outlet for their toys, due to the more "adult" nature of the movie. They say this has been the marketing plan all along.

Also, with Heaths death, they figure that the Joker merchandise will be a really hot collectable.

Mattel sucks. Seriously. Does this mean that the stuff "we" want isnt going to be as easy to get as it should? Des this mean that retail stores wont be getting as much Batman merch. as we think?

who cares? roll into a comic shop to pick up what you need. just like any other time you go to a comic shop. no difference. but i'm pretty sure they were reffering to the adult collector line. stop the *****ing and moaning. if mattel sucks, why do you care so much then? if it sucks don't worry about where the product is located cause you don't have to purchase.

who cares? roll into a comic shop to pick up what you need. just like any other time you go to a comic shop. no difference. but i'm pretty sure they were reffering to the adult collector line. stop the *****ing and moaning. if mattel sucks, why do you care so much then? if it sucks don't worry about where the product is located cause you don't have to purchase.

Ill ***** and moan if I want. Thats my right as a fan and collector. I care because Im a life long collector of both low end and high end collectables of Batman. Ever since Mattel was given the license, merchandise has been on a constant decline resulting in the practically non existence of Batman merchnadise from retail stores. This has and is a primary problem that the majorityof collectors has been complaining about for quit a while. If you have been around for more than a month, maybe you would know that and understand our stance on this subject instead of just shooting your mouth off trying to look cool. Mattel sucks as a toy company because of their merchandising and distribution. They have excellent sculptors in their employ and they are wasted. Also, by putting whatever line they are referring to in a non retail environment, this will highly cut the availability to potential buyers. Not every comic shop will carry these. Again, that is another topic that has been discussed, if youve been around longer.

So thank you for your useless post, now move along.

they will be at mass retailers, and comic shops. and hey, maybe if they have limited release through comic specialty shops you won't have to bother complaining about product remaining on store shelves like you moaned about for batman begins line. so which is it you complaiining about? can't have your cake and eat it too.

fact is this movie is way more intense, darker, gritty, and disturbing then any prior installment. maybe providing associated product directly to a more adult demographic is a blessing in disguise. then no soccer mom complaints about a toy line from a more mature, intelligent, and darker concept of a batman blockbuster.

Oh well. I'll just not get my books for a week or two so I can get a lot of TDK stuff.

fact is this movie is way more intense, darker, gritty, and disturbing then any prior installment.

forgetting Batman Returns? that had the biggest parent complaint ordeal ever, and i doubt that anything in TDK will be as dark and disturbing as that one was.

anyway, i thinks this is all a load of bull. TDK figures, vehicles etc. will be sold at all retail stores and will be everywhere this summer. i dont believe this stuff for a moment.

forgetting Batman Returns? that had the biggest parent complaint ordeal ever, and i doubt that anything in TDK will be as dark and disturbing as that one was.

anyway, i thinks this is all a load of bull. TDK figures, vehicles etc. will be sold at all retail stores and will be everywhere this summer. i dont believe this stuff for a moment.

Why does everyone think Batman Returns was so dark and disturbing? During the years I've seen it I've never found it that way. I always felt that '89 was darker and Joker was scarier, mainly because of his unpredictability.

Catwoman was too hot to be afraid of. And Danny Devito was...Danny Devito. He was great as Pengy, but he was a short little pale dude who ate fish.

Which I don't know how to use!!! :cmad:

I understand the frustration here, if you've been burned on finding a figure in the past and have had to pay more than it was worth, this kind of news means you have to work harder and possibly pay a little more.

That's why I say screw the 6", give me a Hot Toys TDK Joker.

Ill ***** and moan if I want. Thats my right as a fan and collector. I care because Im a life long collector of both low end and high end collectables of Batman. Ever since Mattel was given the license, merchandise has been on a constant decline resulting in the practically non existence of Batman merchnadise from retail stores. This has and is a primary problem that the majorityof collectors has been complaining about for quit a while. If you have been around for more than a month, maybe you would know that and understand our stance on this subject instead of just shooting your mouth off trying to look cool. Mattel sucks as a toy company because of their merchandising and distribution. They have excellent sculptors in their employ and they are wasted. Also, by putting whatever line they are referring to in a non retail environment, this will highly cut the availability to potential buyers. Not every comic shop will carry these. Again, that is another topic that has been discussed, if youve been around longer.

SHADOWBAT69 knows more about Batman collectibles than ANYONE else on these boards, or online for that fact. I wouldnt try to debate with him about Batman merchandise, and I myself have a small little collection. If he posts his pics again, youll see his collection is literally one million times bigger than anyone elses on here. So before anyone else gets in debate with him about this stuff, id shut up, because hes old school and most of the people on these boards starting debates are newbies and have no idea what theyre talking about, listen to the old schoolers and respect your elders lol.

Naw, Batman Returns wasn't disturbing or horrifying. It was just a shock to some parents system in terms of aesthetic. There had never been such a weird mess as that seen by parents expecting one thing and getting something else. But bad place, they didn't even bother making an accurate Penguin figure from that movie. Batman Returns was weird and gross, hardly scary and frightening.

This movie merchandise may catch flack. They captured the essence of this terrible, horrifying and gruesome character in the Joker in multiple figure forms. And it's getting released, un-like the Penguin movie figure. So there is a definite chance parents could get upset. But if you swing the more adult Batman movie toys to a comic shop, you can avoid that completely. With that said, this stuff is still priced and set to be moved into major retailers.

Batman Begins, and obviously TDK have a much more mature approach to the concept material. They took the major Batman motion pictures and kicked them into the gutter in terms of look and feel. The Dark Knight plays everything straight faced, and the material is HIGHLY disturbing. Not just in some of the aesthetic, but more importantly the events and characters.

TDK has vowed to be the "darkest" Batman story. And it is if you have any idea of the story and/or select clips released thus far. It's gruesome and visceral on multiple levels. This film was to be the "Empire Strikes Back" of an already dark and gritty Batman series.

The fact that the events take place in a real and recognizable world make the things all the more frightening, especially to children. This Joker re-introduced in The Dark Knight will most likely be the most insane, psychotic, and disturbing comic villain we've ever seen on screen. There was debate amongst Mattel about not even making toys of the character, being he's such a terrible image and demon of a character in TDK. He's ultra intense, as well as his scenes. bad place, the few clips we've seen of him so far in the trailer are totally disturbing. Like they melded Jack the Ripper and the guy from a Clock Work Orange ... and put Bozo make up on him. He's quite frightening.

I could easily see parents being more concerned w/ their children watching this movie. It plays it straight, which makes the characters and events feel real ... thus way more frightening.

SHADOWBAT69 knows more about Batman collectibles than ANYONE else on these boards, or online for that fact. I wouldnt try to debate with him about Batman merchandise, and I myself have a small little collection. If he posts his pics again, youll see his collection is literally one million times bigger than anyone elses on here. So before anyone else gets in debate with him about this stuff, id shut up, because hes old school and most of the people on these boards starting debates are newbies and have no idea what theyre talking about, listen to the old schoolers and respect your elders lol.
I wasn't debating. Just saying he complains alot for someone who trashed something so much. And was just funny seeing the contradiction of being mad the product wouldn't line major retailers, when not long ago he moaned and groaned about BEGINS line being a failure cause he saw remains of it on shelves after the movie ... which happens for every movie toy line.

I'm sure he's a long time board member and toy collector. That makes no difference. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the concepts I presented.

Which is it w/ the guy? ... complain about a mass market still having product available for a toy line after the movie ... or ***** about said product being sold down more accurately in smaller dosages, but assuring all product sell thru and not wasting money on over saturation of big retailers.

I'm arguing his skewed idea of the business. I'm an accounts manager for a major fortune 500 company. I understand these things as a sales manager.

Actually, I never complained or moaned and groaned about the Begins line clogging pegs. I was debating that it was called a successful toy line, which in my opinion, and many others, it wasn't. I never complained about the fact that they were peg warmers, why would I? It made all the figures easy to find. Mattel overproduced the basic toy line. So, being in retail as a department manager myself, instead of just saying" hey, we're not going to release all this at retail again.", why not say, "hm. maybe we should cut back the production some." Its not hard. Saying that Mattel will produce the same quantity as Begins and send it to retail and make another collector line and send it to a limited market outlet, makes no sense. You'll still have the same problems you had then and currently have now. Too much of what people dont want and not enough of what they do. Do you understand what Im saying now? Mattel doesnt see, or care to address these problems. Its not just with the Batman stuff either. Their record for other properties is well known thru the toy collecting circles. Whats so "skewed" about this?

You know this has to be limited release, I mean c'mon look at it's coolness! It comes with a separate bigger mask on the left in an evidence bag!

hr_The_Dark_Knight_Toy_Fair_3.jpg

:up: :up: Mattel is really horrible. How i miss Kenner. :csad:

:up: :up: Mattel is really horrible. How i miss Kenner. :csad:

Kenner still exist. They're just part of Hasbro now. But I do agree that I miss Kenner as well. They know how to make the figures look cool, even if the design is silly.

That's a bit of a bummer for me; as I don't have a single comic shop in my city.

Man, I really like that evidense bag extra they produced with these figures.

Naw, Batman Returns wasn't disturbing or horrifying. It was just a shock to some parents system in terms of aesthetic. There had never been such a weird mess as that seen by parents expecting one thing and getting something else. But bad place, they didn't even bother making an accurate Penguin figure from that movie. Batman Returns was weird and gross, hardly scary and frightening.

This movie merchandise may catch flack. They captured the essence of this terrible, horrifying and gruesome character in the Joker in multiple figure forms. And it's getting released, un-like the Penguin movie figure. So there is a definite chance parents could get upset. But if you swing the more adult Batman movie toys to a comic shop, you can avoid that completely. With that said, this stuff is still priced and set to be moved into major retailers.

Batman Begins, and obviously TDK have a much more mature approach to the concept material. They took the major Batman motion pictures and kicked them into the gutter in terms of look and feel. The Dark Knight plays everything straight faced, and the material is HIGHLY disturbing. Not just in some of the aesthetic, but more importantly the events and characters.

TDK has vowed to be the "darkest" Batman story. And it is if you have any idea of the story and/or select clips released thus far. It's gruesome and visceral on multiple levels. This film was to be the "Empire Strikes Back" of an already dark and gritty Batman series.

The fact that the events take place in a real and recognizable world make the things all the more frightening, especially to children. This Joker re-introduced in The Dark Knight will most likely be the most insane, psychotic, and disturbing comic villain we've ever seen on screen. There was debate amongst Mattel about not even making toys of the character, being he's such a terrible image and demon of a character in TDK. He's ultra intense, as well as his scenes. bad place, the few clips we've seen of him so far in the trailer are totally disturbing. Like they melded Jack the Ripper and the guy from a Clock Work Orange ... and put Bozo make up on him. He's quite frightening.

I could easily see parents being more concerned w/ their children watching this movie. It plays it straight, which makes the characters and events feel real ... thus way more frightening.

After wasting 3 minutes reading this post, I'm wondering how long Fortune 500 companies have been hiring high school sophomores as account managers.:whatever:

That explanation sounds absolutely ****ty and ridiculous when you look at the ****ty deluxe and 5" series for this movie which are absolutely kiddy.

I don't know Grin Reaper; there was actually one decent penguin and that was the 9 in one that Takara made for the movie, better than the crap Hasbro threw at us.

I'm new to the forum but i've been lurking for a while. Anyway I was speaking to one of my dealers today here in the U.K and he was saying that the Movie Masters series had pre-sold out almost a month ago wth one of the main U.K distributors, so I really think these are gonna be hot! I cannot wait to get my hands on them! and after seeing the dc direct stuff:applaud my c/c is going to be in melt-down!

i doubt these are gonna be "limited release" like the OP is saying. its gonna be in normal stores just like the DCU figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"