Comics How should the comics reflect Trump and xenophobia?

Kyle

Sidekick
Reaction score
With the American Way being hijacked in real life by Lex Luthor like it was in DC Comics prior how will DC respond?

Like Trump, Lex similarly preaches about "dangerous" aliens who come out of the sky and has gone to extreme lengths of falsehoods and deception to paint these aliens as a legitimate threat. I can say that as an alien, a hispanic first generation immigrant, my world has become a lot more dangerous in these years ahead. As an immigrant, I have always looked up to Superman - he is the iconic immigrant superhero. Thus, I would love to see DC reflect this sad state of rising xenophobia and remind people that "hey, we come in peace." :yay:

How do you think DC Comics should respond through Superman to this scary new world we're unfortunately living in? How will DC and Superman face an ever increasing xenophobic world and the politicians seeking to further it? Or maybe they've started to focus more on it already?

I'd say that it's too late for them to have Lex as president since they already ran that storyline.....

But, wait, this is new continuity. They could do it now. That would be the perfect way to address the issue without having to actually say it's Trump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"