How they became favorites

PyroChamber

Not lactose, it's milk!
Reaction score
How did you get into some of your favorite movies? Or how did they strike your interest and became one of your favorites?

No Country for Old Men became an immediate favorite of mine simply because it did everything I wanted it to do and did it even better.

The same goes for a film like Batman Begins, Die Hard, The Departed, Spider-Man 2, High Tension, Signs, and Memento. They did what they set out to do and then decided to do it better.

Blade - The bloodshower dance club scene.

they got ****ty sequels/remakes and I started respecting them more...

No Country for Old Men became an immediate favorite of mine simply because it did everything I wanted it to do and did it even better.

The same goes for a film like Batman Begins, Die Hard, The Departed, Spider-Man 2, High Tension, Signs, and Memento. They did what they set out to do and then decided to do it better.

:up:, for the most part. Sometimes, something I see will pique my interest, and I'll go back and watch it; only then does it become one of my favorites.

Some favs of mine are sentimental or came around when I needed them in my life. Empire Strikes Back, Indy, Spider Man, BB, To Kill a Mockingbird, Spirited Away, The Godfather, and Amelie all fit that bill for me. Others I appreciate because they were in my opinion truly great films (but haven't necessarily impacted me personally) such as Unforgiven, the French Connection, Chinatown, Seven.

Some films I just took a chance with . I had read a brief premise of some films and hey seemed interesting . Alot of my favorite films I never even saw the trailer for . I knew very little about fight club , so i was pleasantly suprised when it turned out to be better than expected.

All I can say is it's impossible to not pick such movies as There Will Be Blood, Memento, Godfather and Shindler's List as favourites and leaders of the top. All of them were perfect films for me in story structure, characters, direction, cinematography, acting, editing and, of course, the ideas, which they tried to show and develop.

The Departed became my favorite because of the great list of actors, and it seemed like the best crime/mob film for my generation, its intense acting (I found a whole new respect for Leonardo DiCaprio after watching it), story, the conflict of the main character is intense, and the suspense throughout

all time favorite

The Departed became my favorite because of the great list of actors, and it seemed like the best crime/mob film for my generation, its intense acting (I found a whole new respect for Leonardo DiCaprio after watching it), story, the conflict of the main character is intense, and the suspense throughout

Same. He was great throughout the whole movie.

His death surprised the hell out of me

Same. He was great throughout the whole movie.

His death surprised the hell out of me

it surprised me too

i was like dangit, but i knew something was coming when there was so much emphasis on the elevator floor lights

like 4,..3....2... somethings coming :wow:

I think I needed a hero and my fascination with flight and the elitism of Top Gun really pulled me in.

To be the Best of the Best is really quite something.

I also feel that the volleyball scene touched me in a way i never felt was possible...

The only one that has a real story for me is my favorite movie, Edward Scissorhands. My other faves I just watched one day (TV or theater), loved, bought the DVD/VHS etc.

Edward Scissorhands though I refused to watch cause I found the concept stupid (despite others telling me it is awesome). Then one day, it was on TBS and nothing was on, so I decided to give it a chance (expecting to hate it), and I found myself loving the movie, and no less being brought to tears by it. Especially since I went through a rough move around that time, I really identified with Edward a lot.

Batman Begins-Did everything right and more.

Transformers 1986-I always call it the selfish movie because they killed of the main characters for new toys, but it was f'n gutsy.

Evil Dead 1-3-Fun horror with Bruce Campbell, what more do I want?

Transformers 2007-Did it right.

Clerks-Made it seem possible that anyone could grab a camera and make a great movie from a dialog driven script.

Mallrats-Dialog, same goes for all Smith movies.

A lot of movies I love due to witty, funny scripts, such as Knocked Up, 40 year old virgin, Juno and Superbad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"