How to Jump The Shark

Let me put is this way it's the worst thing to have ever happen to Superman with the exception of Erica Durance.

Ratings and the fact that it caters to the teen audience with drag out nonsense of a series (Lana's fake out of a baby is another reason it's a crap show).

Ah a seventh season? Big deal. It's still the worst thing to happen. AlMiles should be writing Eraser: the series and not be anywhere near SV. At least then we wouldn't be waiting seven years to get closer to Superman.

The show jumped the shark at Season Four with the Witch arc and continually loses viewers, each and every single season. Ex-Ksite moderator here. Dealt with. You wanna keep coming up with things because I'm going to keep repeating myself. It's a crap series that needs to be canned A.S.A.P. before AlMiles trash more.

The show's improved but that's not saying much. I'm personally sick of the Lana/Clark relationship dragging out and Clark taking so long to accept things....gripes galore for a series that could be so much more than it is.

It's jumped the shark after season four with the witch arc, that was nothing more than an arc to give Lana something else to do. Jonathon's death and Lana's death, another example, and using the time jump device. Season Six: the Justice League. I could go on. The show isn't improving and that maybe a rumor but it's enough to consider it another jump the shark the moment.

Ratings can keep a show on the air for a long period. It's teen drama, not a show about Superman. The Phantom Zoners were closer to dealing with Superman then all this Lana/Clark nonsense that's dragged on and on and on. The CW drags it out as long as they can because they know it brings in an audience. Long time Superman fans are getting screwed over and those of us that have stuck around, my friends include consider it nothing more than a joke at this point.

I've put up with at and this point could care less about those who defend the show. All the power to you all. Stalker Clark is all yours. When the show gets closer to the mythos then tell me the show hasn't jumped the shark because until it gets closer to the Superman mythos, it still stands.

I think I understood about a quarter of that incoherent ramble, so let me pull out what I did get: you don't like the show for a variety of reasons (all valid because they are your opinion), though you do think the show has improved...but you also don't think it's improving, and that the show has ratings and that will keep it going on air, and that a rumor can be a jump the shark moment.

Gotcha.

It's improved only slightly for Clark, but otherwise it's Clark Loves Lana, which should have ended ages ago. They've basically done the same love triangle as Dawson's Creek just with super powers. A big bravo there.

I'll give them Erica and Chloe Sullivan and the Phantom Zoners as improvements, but it's time for the show to end or at least start closing some doors. Make Lex truly evil. Yes, he murdered someone during the wedding. That was a nice step forward and the army at hand.

The show just needs to get on the ball with things and stop focusing on Clark/Lana. Keep them as friends since she knows the secret now, but don't retread the relationship territory. He can love her otherwise.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but personally the show needs to start moving towards it actual goal and stop dragging it out. The only reason I'm even watching the show is for Clark to become Superman. Not like I'm asking for gold as a fan here.

Basically got out a rant there lol. Just my take, hate or not. Clark should be closer than he is by now at least according to canon (all variations including Superboy as much as I hate to refer to it).

It's improved only slightly for Clark, but otherwise it's Clark Loves Lana, which should have ended ages ago.

Oh snaps. We agree on something! :wow: :word:

Make Lex truly evil. Yes, he murdered someone during the wedding. That was a nice step forward and the army at hand.

Lex's arc has been one of the (if not the) highlight of the show for me. I don't want to see him TRULY evil just yet because it's those glimpses of the good in him that make his character so fascinating. But they're pretty darn close to all out Evil Lex as is.

The show just needs to get on the ball with things and stop focusing on Clark/Lana. Keep them as friends since she knows the secret now, but don't retread the relationship territory. He can love her otherwise.

Oh snaps. We agree again! :wow:

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but personally the show needs to start moving towards it actual goal and stop dragging it out. The only reason I'm even watching the show is for Clark to become Superman. Not like I'm asking for gold as a fan here.

The problem is, the show's been so successful that they've had to manufacture ways to keep it going. And while some of their ideas haven't panned out for me, most of them have, which is why I watch the show.

I agree, the Clark/Lana relationship annoys to no end. But the show does have so much more going for it, IMO, that I keep on with it.

(Getting back to the point of thread) So while for some people the show has made a decision or two that turned them off completely, I don't believe the show has truly jumped the shark yet. It's still truckin', and the main fanbase of comic book and general drama fans is as strong as ever. Hell, they even switched to one of the most competitive time slots on television back in '05, and their ratings actually went up. That's not the sign of a show that has jumped the old big fish.

Oh snaps. We agree on something! :wow: :word:

Lex's arc has been one of the (if not the) highlight of the show for me. I don't want to see him TRULY evil just yet because it's those glimpses of the good in him that make his character so fascinating. But they're pretty darn close to all out Evil Lex as is.

Oh snaps. We agree again! :wow:

The problem is, the show's been so successful that they've had to manufacture ways to keep it going. And while some of their ideas haven't panned out for me, most of them have, which is why I watch the show.

I agree, the Clark/Lana relationship annoys to no end. But the show does have so much more going for it, IMO, that I keep on with it.

(Getting back to the point of thread) So while for some people the show has made a decision or two that turned them off completely, I don't believe the show has truly jumped the shark yet. It's still truckin', and the main fanbase of comic book and general drama fans is as strong as ever. Hell, they even switched to one of the most competitive time slots on television back in '05, and their ratings actually went up. That's not the sign of a show that has jumped the old big fish.

Yeah, we did agree on something twice lol. I loved the first three seasons immensely. I do have my gripes about the League but the transition for Lex has been nice especially with the manipulation of Lana. (Thank you all for at least doing something right).

I've always felt like those certain moments I mentioned were jumping the shark. Yes, I'm still a fan but I do need to vent like a mad man sometimes...can't do that in the SV Forums.

Let's just hope we get more Clark working towards his destiny this year and Lex making his path much more defined.

I'll also admit to liking Ollie. Hell, I wouldn't have written a Green Arrow spin-off Pilot if I didn't but then again I'm a Green Arrow and Black Canary junkie.

I had always hoped they would follow with a five year plan but then again we wouldn't have Lois, Jimmy or Kara -shakes head-. Damn me and a few weak spots for the show.

The stories they give Lana suck, but the show's a mess all around and people are kidding themselves if they dont think that doesnt involved Jimmy, Lois and even that "Justice League"

Smallville is and has always been an average show, with weak performances, repetitive plots, rehashed teen drama, and entertaining special effects.:o

Smallville is and has always been an average show, with weak performances, repetitive plots, rehashed teen drama, and entertaining special effects.:o

Yeah I'm gonna be picking up season 6 on DVD next month too

meh its hit or miss. I just pick em up for collection reasons. I think I get every DC releated title on DVD now. I cant call it

Back to the topic- sabrina. They got rid of the aunts and had roxy and morgan move in. It was promptly cancelled.
It changed the dynamic of the show completely. It removed half the cast for 'fresh,hip faces' and removed the humour! (yes i'm still angry!)

Martin- When they pretended Gina was away on work.

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air- When the new born kid was born at the end of one season and then was 5 years old at the start of the next.

I think Smallville jumped the shark when they basically made it a Superman show, just without the costume. I mean, when you have Bizarro, Brainiac, a crappy version of Mxyzptlk, twenty different kinds of Kryptonite, Martian Manhunter, and the Justice League on the show, it's hard to say it's about Clark's life before he became Superman.

When they make The Great Khali the World Champion on WWE Smackdown.

Oh, wait.

Hmm.

The OC killed off a major character and switched from a teen drama to a romantic comedy. The show itself got 10X better.

But it still got canceled. Is that jumping the shark?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"