Superman Returns How will Singer penetrate a "virtually indestructible" suit?

How is it soooooooooooooooo

Impervious to being ripped...

I mean the thing had to be shaped out of the friggin blanket it's not like it came as the suit when Clak was boy..didn't ma kent sew it togeather

if it can be sowed it can be ripped destoryed et ect

Crisis Superman said:
If he didnt intentional mean what we are implying, he wouldnt have said "title's straight-forward enough..."

ooh boy! The point of this thread was to ask how lex is gonna stab supes if the suit is indestructible. I hope it goes back on course. Like I said, I'm sorry for the confusion. I should have had a Coke to wipe that tiredness away when I was typing the title :)

Weadazoid said:

I mean the thing had to be shaped out of the friggin blanket it's not like it came as the suit when Clak was boy..didn't ma kent sew it togeather

It's a bit confusing. Actually, I think it's a plot-hole in pre-crisis, coz if the suit was indestructible, how DID ma kent sew it together.

Also, concerning post-crisis, I remember Matchesmalone once talking about how much he hated Byrne trying to anally cover every aspect of the mythos, including how he gave a reason to the threads of supe's costume and how it holds together...

Is Singer gonna adress how he changes in and out of the costume, or are they just gonna do that little blur thing they did in the Donner movies ?

ReTrO JuNkIe 42 said:
Is Singer gonna adress how he changes in and out of the costume, or are they just gonna do that little blur thing they did in the Donner movies ?
They're actually going to show Routh change into Superman in full detail. And by full detail I really mean full frontal. Not for any other reason than just pissing off nitpicky fanboys.

So your implying that lex will stab superman? Are you kidding me?

^That seems a little too graphic for little children don't you think?

kiuju2k said:
So your implying that lex will stab superman? Are you kidding me?

No.it has been known for a while

My only thing with this is I really would hate for Singer to go the whole Spiderman "battle-damaged" suit thing...you know...I wasn't a fan, yeah it was realistic...but, well I forgot where I was going with this, but I'd rather not see Supes fighting in a shredded costume unless he's fighting Doomsday...shredded cape a la the comics ok, but shredded suit no go...IMHO

I the classic comics Clark cut the thread in the cloth with his heat vision and then unravel some of the it be used to sew the suit. I think that he may have made a needle out of a small piece of his space ship so that she could sew it.

So the space ship can cut the suite

Joy

too weird

oh and while we are on the topic of suits...where does he get the Bronze one from..you know the one he apparently wears in the ship..

Is that made out this indistructable Kryptonina fiber as well..or is that you know just normal..

how can you tell the difference

Isn't the explanation for the suit always being perfect something about an 'aura' that always surrounds superman?

If so, then I can see kryptonite piercing that 'aura.'

-----------

As for attacking the thread starter, you have to be better than Evel Kneival to make the jump in logic about this thread being about gay bashing.

From Singer,

"bullets bounce off him, not the suit"

"the suit is a product of Kryptonian technology".

I doubt the suit will get damaged (apart from the stabbing) but the cape will get torn up.

What's funny is that the suit is very delicate in real life. Remember Routh wasn't allowed to gain any weight at all during filming or the suit will tear, and that Singer told off Spacey for tounching the symbol because it was really easy to break. :D

A few things to point out, In Donners Superman: The Movie, the suit appeared to be bestowed to kal-El from Jor-El. It was never shown, ma Kent making the super-duds for her son.

Also, the suit is Kryptonian technology. That does not mean the costume gets any power from earths yellow sun. It is not an organic, living entity that kal-El is. It is simply fibers from another planet.

Weadazoid said:
oh and while we are on the topic of suits...where does he get the Bronze one from..you know the one he apparently wears in the ship..

I assume it was grown by a crystal just like the ship and the FOS. In other words, "The FOS made it".

Weadazoid said:

Easy. He came in third place at the Kryptonian Olympics. The Gold and Silver suits were awarded to the first and second place winners...respectively.

AsteroidMan said:
I assume it was grown by a crystal just like the ship and the FOS. In other words, "The FOS made it".

well if that the case why not grow an entire wardrobe from crystal..

I would be so hooked up.... wouldn't have to worry about job..

Cause hey Crystal can probubly make him a ham samitch too

Weadazoid said:
Cause hey Crystal can probubly make him a ham samitch too

As crazy as that comment is, it somehow makes sense...which scares the bejeezus out of me.

Where did this idea that the suit was indestructible come from? Granted it doesn't exactly look frail, and looks like it offers Superman more protection than he needs, but I don't remember anyone saying it was indestructible.

Weadazoid said:

I mean the thing had to be shaped out of the friggin blanked it's not like it came as the suit when Clak was boy..didn't ma kent sew it togeather

But Superman's skin isn't.
Wonder how te doctors will treat him...
When he reaches the hospital, the kryptonite dagger will be far away from him, to stop him from dying to the effects of kryptonite.
so the yellow sun starts acting again and changing Superman's skin to a steel rigid form once again...
How are the doctors gonna treat the wound?
Do they have the technology to understand Superman's alien DNA?
Or maybe Superman's has a mutant ability called "healing factor", which might explain "his son" being a telepath ( mutant )...

dr collossus said:
Where did this idea that the suit was indestructible come from? Granted it doesn't exactly look frail, and looks like it offers Superman more protection than he needs, but I don't remember anyone saying it was indestructible.
It was indestructible in the old movies.

Kabuki_Jo said:
But Superman's skin isn't.
Wonder how te doctors will treat him...
When he reaches the hospital, the kryptonite dagger will be far away from him, to stop him from dying to the effects of kryptonite.
so the yellow sun starts acting again and changing Superman's skin to a steel rigid form once again...
How are the doctors gonna treat the wound?
Do they have the technology to understand Superman's alien DNA?
Or maybe Superman's has a mutant ability called "healing factor", which might explain "his son" being a telepath ( mutant )...

BAH! Superman is not the kids daddy! I refuse to believe it. Actually, come to think of it, I don't rightly care either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"