• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How will Superman and his buds make the world a better place?

Luke234

Civilian
Reaction score
Jor-el seemed to really want a lot from his son and then to help earth not make the same mistakes as Krypton. Ultimately at the end of this universe in movies od like to not only see a lot of great story and action but finally I want the arrival of Superman to have been a positive thing for the planet.
Whether it's world peace, no hunger.. I dunno. I think that would be a fitting conclusion being that these heroes outside of Batman are very god- like. I hope they do more than just save the earth from violent destruction.
As far as all the naysayer that don't like these movies because of their very serious tone, aside from a couple funny lines I love it this way.
Keep it mostly serious and have a seriously triumphant touching conclusion leaving the world WE know( outside of superheroes/ villains) a better place. Make these movies whether sometimes sad or not , movies that inspire hope.

Jor-el seemed to really want a lot from his son and then to help earth not make the same mistakes as Krypton. Ultimately at the end of this universe in movies od like to not only see a lot of great story and action but finally I want the arrival of Superman to have been a positive thing for the planet.
Whether it's world peace, no hunger.. I dunno. I think that would be a fitting conclusion being that these heroes outside of Batman are very god- like. I hope they do more than just save the earth from violent destruction.
As far as all the naysayer that don't like these movies because of their very serious tone, aside from a couple funny lines I love it this way.
Keep it mostly serious and have a seriously triumphant touching conclusion leaving the world WE know( outside of superheroes/ villains) a better place. Make these movies whether sometimes sad or not , movies that inspire hope.
One of the things I always think people are always slightly off about when it comes to Superman is that, while he is certainly a symbol of hope, he is a person of action. He is really trying to inspire people to not just be more hopeful, but to act in a better way. To help one another out. To do the right thing. To trust one another. To accept differences and see them as opportunities as opposed to something to be fearful of. These last two Superman movies, I think, show a man trying to do that, but it is much more subtle than the Christopher Reeves version.

Superman wants to see the world be a better place, but he knows he cannot create that for people or force them to do it. They have to do it themselves. People must be the change they wish to see in the world. It is why I love these lines:

You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.

Yeah, you get it. Totally. What do you think some of these wonders could be accomplished at the end of this movie universe?

Yeah, you get it. Totally. What do you think some of these wonders could be accomplished at the end of this movie universe?
These:

1. That people realize the planet truly provides enough for all. There are enough natural resources available for everyone to live well, and the end state here is people share without needing to be forced to do so.
  2. That people realize change only comes from within each individual.
  3. That differences are accepted rather than tolerated.
  4. That all accept responsibility for themselves and their actions.
You get those things, there's no upper limit on what the species could accomplish.

They use Flash's speed force powers to traverse dimensions, and then stick Zach Snyder in the Phantom Zone, ensuring that the Justice League universe runs on fundamental principles slightly brighter than "Being a hero always causes at least as much harm as it prevents, usually more."

More seriously, I doubt your going to see any fundamental transformation of the world. Its going to be the same world as before, just with heroes available to stop the villainous plots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"