Inhumans How will the lack of Uatu affect the series?

Dasher10

I'm like Deadpool IRL
Reaction score
Considering that Uatu is at Fox, how will this affect the Inhumans going forward on TV and how will such an integral part of the Inhumans setting on the Blue Area of the Moon be written out or replaced?

I don't think anything has confirmed Uatu belongs to Fox.

Regardless, Attilan was located in the Himalayas, Atlantis, the Arctic, and New York City. The Blue Area of the Moon was one specific place it was located, not the only place. I don't agree with it being integral.

That being said, it's important to break that down. If Uatu belongs to Fox, does that mean the Blue Area of the Moon does? After all, it was built by the Kree. It's featured in the X-Men and other books as well. It isn't inherently tied to the Watcher.

The Inhumans don't really need Uatu to tell their story.

Yeah this is weird, I have read all main Inhumans comics and I don't think I've seen Uatu.

Though if this was Ronan or Quicksilver or Johnny Storm, okay. The first two were already used in MCU and were killed after just one movie. While the third one still belongs to Fox.

For the first season, I hope the Attilan is located in Earth.

I am pretty sure Attilan will be on Earth. I am getting the impression they are going to base it off of Jenkins/Lee Marvel Knights run.

Even if he was a big part of the Inhumans, you just write him out the same way Marvel wrote out every other character they don't have the rights too.

How important is the Watcher anyway? All he does is observe and never interfere.

Maybe Dasher didn't know that Uatu is not that important to the Inhumans.

Of course, if Marvel ever got the Watcher back, then they can always insert him into a subsequent season where appropriate.

But what would be cool is if they already build this into earlier seasons so that there is someone popping up from time to time who seems to observe events but is an impartial observer whom they never explicitly name as Uatu. Then if Marvel do ever get him back, they can easily retcon these scenes to say that it was him all along. It would be an easy continuity link.

Ua...who?

Seriously, the Inhumans existed on Earth in comics for many years before they moved to the moon.

And yes, Uatu belongs to Fox for now. Several years ago MCU offered Fox an extension on the rights to Daredevil for Silver Surfer, Galactus and Uatu. Fox said no, DD reverted and then they produced a flop FF movie that did not feature any of those 3 characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"