Luke Cage Will the aftermath of the Hulk vs Abomination fight be felt in the show?

BarryAllen

ey b0ss
Reaction score
harlem-terror.png

With Harlem being torn apart during the Hulk and Abomination fight from The Incredible Hulk movie, will we see some of the repercussions in Luke Cage's series? Daredevil used the Avengers' destruction of New York to touch on gentrification and corporate corruption as well as the increase of crime in Hell's Kitchen. Could we see something similar in Luke Cage, with the destruction of Harlem creating ghettos in which crime begins to seep in and affect the lives of those living in the disenfranchised communities?

CO-DfoMUAAAmJlb.png

And with Alfre Woodard cast as Mariah Dillard, who's being described as a local Harlem politician who is looking to bring a new era of change to the streets she grew up on, she could be looking to help revitalize Harlem or take advantage of it (she's Cottonmouth's cousin in this version and is supposed to be a version of Black Mariah, so they can easily play up the corrupt politician angle).

What do you guys think? Do you think Luke Cage will touch upon the aftermath of the Hulk/Abomination fight and its affect on Harlem?

I'm sure it may be mentioned, but it was a while ago and the fight didn't have that much collateral damage (relatively speaking) and it took place a few years ago in continuity so I'm pretty sure that's all fixed. I think too much time has past to really jump on it.

But I would like to see it brought up.

The time gap is the biggest concern with that. Otherwise, I'd like them to since that fight specifically took place there (as opposed to the Incident).

I'm sure it may be mentioned, but it was a while ago and the fight didn't have that much collateral damage (relatively speaking) and it took place a few years ago in continuity so I'm pretty sure that's all fixed. I think too much time has past to really jump on it.

But I would like to see it brought up.

In the Avengers movie, Bruce made it sound the damage was worst

I wouldnt mind seeing a rehash/nod to the fight by placing Luke Cage up against another brawler in the middle of the street.

In the Avengers movie, Bruce made it sound the damage was worst
We saw the damage, one street, a bunch of cars and a few sides of buildings. Also the Hulk being regarded as a hero after Avengers 1 and Banner's line that the world saw the real hulk for the first time in age of ultron tells me that the damage, while high, was something the city was more than able to recover from.

I would like to see something simple like a graffiti memorial, or maybe some shop advertising they survived a Hulk incident.

the hulk destroyed my shop and all i got was this lousy t-shirt

We saw the damage, one street, a bunch of cars and a few sides of buildings. Also the Hulk being regarded as a hero after Avengers 1 and Banner's line that the world saw the real hulk for the first time in age of ultron tells me that the damage, while high, was something the city was more than able to recover from.

I would like to see something simple like a graffiti memorial, or maybe some shop advertising they survived a Hulk incident.

A Hulk mural is so NYC.

Would it be too crazy to wanna see Luke take on someone else with super strength so we can get a fight similar to Hulk vs Abomination as well? Albiet on a smaller scale. :)

Well, if BTS shots are any indicator, eventually he fights somebody wearing street level powered armor. So, you might get your wish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"