How would a Bioware Lord of the Rings RPG sound?

Timstuff

Avenger
Reaction score
If you'll all turn your memories back a few years, you'll remember a little game that EA abandoned called "Lord of the Rings: The White Council." In the wake of that awful Final Fantasy X wannabe LOTR Third Age, EA made the pledge that LOTR White Council would be a much deeper, more western-flavored experience. Some even said it would be EA's answer to Bethesda's "Oblivion," which is a tall order indeed. Unfortunately, the project got "backburnered," and there hasn't been a Lord of the Rings game since Battle for Middle Earth 2 (not counthing the "unnoficial" online game that no-one plays).

But that brings me the the EA Bioware buyout... EA now owns Bioware, who is one of the world's premier western-RPG developers, as well as the Lord of the Rings (movie) video game rights. Does anyone else see the possibility for awesomeness here? Think about it! An RPG on the level of KOTOR, but in the Lord of the Rings universe! That could be so awesome I think I'd need a paper lunch bag to breath into if they announced it.

Just a little food for thought to chew on before bed. ;)

Timstuff, I could kiss you on the ****.
This is a GREAT idea.

They were doing that white council game, but they canceled it.

Guys, take your discussion on MSN to private messages, please.

Sounds like a genuinely good idea, as long as the lore of LOTR doesn't make the game too linear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"