How would you handle the situation?

I think it was rude of you to expect a ride the second time like that from Sonia, Spawn. And that was UBER creepy of you to just get in her car uninvited. :down Buy a bus pass.

jag

I think it was rude of you to expect a ride the second time like that from Sonia, Spawn. And that was UBER creepy of you to just get in her car uninvited. :down Buy a bus pass.

jag

You've got it all wrong. Sonia is Spawn's girlfriend and he's asking because he doesn't want some creepy guy hassling his girl, yet he's not man enough to stand up to this guy himself. So like every other teenager here, he asks us what we would do.

Duh. :whatever:

You've got it all wrong. Sonia is Spawn's girlfriend and he's asking because he doesn't want some creepy guy hassling his girl, yet he's not man enough to stand up to this guy himself. So like every other teenager here, he asks us what we would do.

Duh. :whatever:

You....somehow think that....Spawn....has a girlfriend? :huh:

jag

Trust me on this one. I'd bet money I'm right. :o

If tina had said

'You're taking him home right?'

I would have said...

'Did i say i was taking him home?'

and directed it back at her until she said no or stood in awe for long enough...

I don't take crap from people

Good answer... Likewise:

"I don't remember agreeing to taking him home, and I don't remember anyone asking me if it would be convenient"

The second time... my passenger door wouldn't have been unlocked in the first place.

WTF? This is probably the most meaningless thread ever. No I wouldn't taken him home, & if he had jumped in my car like that. I probably would have shot him.

I thought the full name thread was the most meaningless....

How would you have reacted the first time, if your answer was gonna be no?
Sonia must draw a line, between other's needs and her own. She must recognize when people are being illogical and inconsiderate, and not feel bad about displeasing them. Any employee worth his salt has a way to and from work, every day.

On the other hand, if "Sonia" told you this story, tell her it sounds a bit too victimizing, to the point of incredibility. If she's feeling victimized and generally pessimistic at work, the problem is herself. The foil characters she makes her co-workers out to be will not help her feel better.

I'm not even sure if that's her name...it could have been Rhonda.

No offense to anyone else who works retail, but a lot of young people do it...like 24 on down and don't have licenses I guess?

Victims of circumstance?

I work retail, but the higher-end of it. I'd never ever work in a clothing store. Its the worst pay, for the worst hours, and crappy work. I like my job. :o

What are some other 'high end' retailers?

Jewelry and cars and stuff like that. Why would you ask such a stupid question? :huh:

If tina had said

'You're taking him home right?'

I would have said...

'Did i say i was taking him home?'

and directed it back at her until she said no or stood in awe for long enough...

I don't take crap from people

I agree entirely.

"Sonia" needs to stop letting people walk over her

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent
- Eleanor Roosevelt (1884 - 1962)

I overheard a conversation...I'll condense it into third person narrative:

Sonia works at the local CVS. Her boss is named Tina. There's a new kid, named Joshua who works there. He's cousins with Stephanie, a girl who worked there 2 years ago. So, there's some sorta relationship...albeit vague.

Anyway, Saturday was Joshua's first day, he's some geeked out kid with glasses who downs tums like skittles. Sonia was closing manager and was walking towards the front of the store, where Joshua had been ringing, when out of nowhere, Tina says:

"You'll take him home right?"

Sonia stops. Caught off guard she says...

"W-what?"

"You'll take Joshua home right?" is Tina's response.

Now, the kid is like 5 feet away and just looking at her.

Sonia couldn't say no, right?

So, at the end of the night, she drops him off.

Now, Tuesday, last night, comes, same crew with a few changes. At the end of the night, Sonia is walking to the parking lot behind a very slow paced Tina and Joshua*. So, she speeds up and cuts through the two of them.

She notices Joshua do the same thing. She unlocks her car, sits in the driver seat, and sees the passenger side door open.

Joshua sits down.

Mind you, he didn't ask if he could get a ride home prior to doing this. Sonia asks, "I'm giving you a ride home tonight?"

"Could you, please?"

The ride to his house is awkward and silent.

Except for him singing the songs that play from her Ipod. She keeps changing the song, and he keeps assimilating.

My question is, would you have given him that second ride?

I'm a little confused, so Joshua didn't arrange for a ride home? He just thought that transportation was part of the job? Or since his cousin worked there before he'd be receiving rides? Did his cousin always have transportation home from work when she worked there?

Tell Joshua to call his damn parents or his cousin to pick his @$$ up. That or Sonia needs to get a cabbie hat and start charging Joshua for these rides. The thing that I really don't get is that Joshua isn't even asking Sonia for these rides, he just assumes he's entitled to them.

What I said is what I know.

You can't assume that everyone thinks the same...kids these days just want to make money...they don't think about everything else all the time.

What I said is what I know.

You can't assume that everyone thinks the same...kids these days just want to make money...they don't think about everything else all the time.
And that's why I don't give a damn about kids

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"