Superman Returns How would you like the movie to end? Cliffhanger or not?

Personally i wan't it stand alone..and for it to finnish the way the Reeve movies did..

Mister J said:
:up:

The only thing pointing toward a sequel that I'd want to see would be something like a reference to John Corbin or Milton Fine somewhere near the end of the film. I prefer the ending to be conclusive with Supes flying over the planet that he that he calls home.

Amen MJ...

Simple ending with a hint of what's to come...that should be the standard, kind of like a "next time on, The Adventures of Superman...tune in for the next episode" type stuff

All this stuff about doubts and fears...that judt doesn't seem Superman...yes he has doubts and such (For Tomorrow proved that), but when it comes down to it, he NEVER doubts that he's trying to do the right thing...no second guessing, just doing what's right and let the cards fall where they may (like he is/was through Infinate Crisis) :supes:

I'd like to have some sort of set up for a possible sequel. I'd like the ending scene to be where he flies above the earth and listens in on everyone, and zooms back in.

Superman \S/ said:
I'd like the movie to end with a suprise indeed.

Like Supes waking up realizing that he dreamed it all, he's still in 1978, the damn kid never existed, nobody messed with his costume, and that he's still Christopher Reeve?

:D ;)

Superman79 said:
Like Supes waking up realizing that he dreamed it all, he's still in 1978, the damn kid never existed, nobody messed with his costume, and that he's still Christopher Reeve?

That would be a twist if there ever was one.

Metropolis_Man said:
That would be a twist if there ever was one.

Hey, remember it IS Bryan Singer...two words "Keyser Soze" ;)

Yeah, Singer could have anything in store. But I'm now saddened, because I don't know the Keyser Soze joke. I still haven't seen The Usual Suspects :-/

Superman79 said:

Damn. :eek: :eek:

LOL, what i had in mind was something with one of Supes villains.

My personal preference is to see some sort of left over of Superman or Lex plotting another idea, BIZZARO!

Metropolis_Man said:
My personal preference is to see some sort of left over of Superman or Lex plotting another idea, BIZZARO!

No, BRAINIAC!

Superman \S/ said:
No, BRAINIAC!

I could definately see them adding him, rumors are already going around about that. Someone mentioned that maybe Stanford builds Braniac for Luthor.

Metropolis_Man said:
I could definately see them adding him, rumors are already going around about that. Someone mentioned that maybe Stanford builds Braniac for Luthor.

O yeah i saw that. So much could happen in SR that we wouldn't expect. In Singer we trust! I really hope we get a suprise.

I'm sure we will. This movie has really been kept secretive more so than a lot of movies. I think we're in for some big shock or surprise, maybe even a few.

Metropolis_Man said:
I'm sure we will. This movie has really been kept secretive more so than a lot of movies. I think we're in for some big shock or surprise, maybe even a few.

Exactly, plus what got me thinkning was the amount of action SR will have. Not only with Supes stopping disasters, but maybe with more that we didn't even imagine. I can't wait.

Is the waffles option a reference to Invader Zim? That's the only thing I could think of ("Zim eats Waffles"). I'm split as to whether I want a cliffhanger or traditional ending. I assumed that the shot of Superman in the teaser was the new ending of Superman Returns. But I wouldn't be adverse to a cliffhanger . . . as long as it was good! Brainiac, anyone? :)

Like Batman Begins. It can stand alone, but it also leaves room for more stories.

It wont be a cliffhanger, they will leave some things open or introduce a few things for the next film though.

like batman begins, because it should be able to stand alone, but also lead into a sequel, which is why i picked the answer "waffles".

I picked 'Waffles' because I like them :(

Haha, speaking of endings, I saw a movie today that had one of the absolute best endings of all time.

Too bad this post will end on a cliffhanger and I won't tell you what movie it is!:p

TheBat812 said:
like batman begins, because it should be able to stand alone, but also lead into a sequel.

Agreed.

Leading in would be great, but no "cliffhanger" like Matrix reloaded.

Cliffhanger would probably be ruined by spoilers anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"