HRG: Will he or won't he...(spoilers regarding the first 7 episodes)

Matt

IKYN Guy Groupie
Reaction score
Well, do you think they will actually kill HRG? It is a tough call to make. On one hand, if they do, they lose their best character. If they don't...well, the explosion painting was stopped, this will be stopped...the paintings will lose all impact they have on the viewers. So what do you think?

If he dies, I'm ripping Claire a new a**hole.

If he dies, I'm ripping Claire a new a**hole.

But if Suresh kills him, is it really Clarie's fault?

I mean, even if HRG did pack up his family and disappear again, I assume a few people (Suresh, the Haitian, and Matt) would know where he is going.

I dont want him to die :(

Everything is Claire's fault. Such a stupid little brat. You'd think that she'd learned at least something from what's been happening. If I knew Sylar's number I would make the call in a heartbeat. That idiotic West is also begging for some Sylar luncheon, too.

With the "Mohinder shooting gun" picture now in play, it wouldn't be much of a surprise if Bennet is killed by him.

HRG has done everything to himself IMO.

NY didn't blow up and I do not think HRG will die.
Just like last year every painting came true but the last one.

Everything is Claire's fault. Such a stupid little brat. You'd think that she'd learned at least something from what's been happening. If I knew Sylar's number I would make the call in a heartbeat. That idiotic West is also begging for some Sylar luncheon, too.
Right. She's such a brat. Trying to fit in while hiding a huge secret. :whatever:

Don't try to defend the idiocy of the character just because you've got a hard on for the actress. Claire's been written pretty terribly this season.

Don't try to defend the idiocy of the character just because you've got a hard on for the actress. Claire's been written pretty terribly this season.
How so?

She's been written exactly as a teenager with an overpowering father and a huge secret should be written. Just because you don't like that doesn't make it bad writing. :whatever:

Lets just agree that pretty much anything out of West's mouth however, IS bad writing. :cwink:

We got the overpowering father and huge secret last year. Her character needs evolution, not incessant rehashing of her emo-angst and strife.

That's how she's being written terribly.

NY didn't blow up and I do not think HRG will die.
Just like last year every painting came true but the last one.

The only reason I think they have to go through with it, is because if they do not, any time the audience is shown one of these prophecy paintings, it will have basically no effect.

That would make perfect sense if she didn't have dozens of personal examples/reasons to lay low. I was a teenager once too, it's not a good reason to be a complete idiot.

Sooo, back on topic. I posted this in the other thread. It sums up my thoughts on the matter:

I think the week after next will define what kind of show Heroes is going to be for the rest of its run. As much as I hate to say it, if they don't kill off HRG, it will be the type of show that always plays it safe. That never takes risks. It already took a step in that direction when they didn't kill off Sylar, Peter, or Nathan last year.

If they kill HRG. All bets are off.

I think the whole Mohinder killing Bennet thing is way too obvious and is likely a red-herring. I just don't know for what.

Maybe its not Mohinder who kills him (maybe he shoots Bob instead), but it is clearly Noah who has been shot in that painting.

The only reason I think they have to go through with it, is because if they do not, any time the audience is shown one of these prophecy paintings, it will have basically no effect.

I disagree as the paintings are just one possible future and most of them do come true.
Anyways count me in on cannot wait to find out. :woot:

I disagree as the paintings are just one possible future and most of them do come true.
Anyways count me in on cannot wait to find out. :woot:

But the other ones are little things. If Noah doesn't die, any time they show a big painting for shock value the audience is simply going to shrug and say "Not like it will really happen"

But the other ones are little things. If Noah doesn't die, any time they show a big painting for shock value the audience is simply going to shrug and say "Not like it will really happen"

The problem is there are to many things to speculate about what causes it? who shoots him? why? etc etc etc....heck for all we know Sylar could be involved using Candices power.

And again I disagree and do not think people will take the paintings lightly when they set it up that they can be changed but it takes a lot of work and the key people on your side to change it.
Does HRG have the right people on his side to change his fate? I do not know.

No

Claire will heal him

(I hope)

Now that would be a great twist if Claire could find a way to heal others.
I think that it would be a great scene. HRG gets shot, Claire is crushed, crying over his body and realizing how he always just wanted to protect her and wishing they hadn't fought. She cradles his body and brings him back to life.

Also, if Claire is going to be the only one who can stop the Shanti virus, I have a hard time imagining she will go with Mohinder should he be the one to kill her father. But if she is able to heal HRG, she might be more forgiving, and more willing to give it a shot since she'll have realized she can heal others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"