The Official 24: Day 7 Thread /spoilers/

I couldn't disagree more. His entire performance was "Break out scenes." He was simply much more subtle than past seasons. From his little shakes and twitches to display the symptoms of the virus to the scene where he comes to peace with his death...it was amazing acting.

Yep. I think this is a good ep' to give to emmy people.

It was much better than season 6. Tony yelling at Alan about killing his son was just...wow. I'm just a little upset about the ending. It was decent, but could have been much better.

Bernard made me feel it there (that's what she said), very good acting. Sutherland did a great job this season, too.

I think the best part was how I did a 180 on Tony in the course of a few seconds and then when he was yelling "My son", I honestly felt for him. The writers got me on that one.

I love this show when the clock is *not* ticking.

When the characters are reflecting, looking at their decisions of the day, making new ones that simply just have emotional weight behind both sides and making choices to define who they are. Jack's speech to Renae was great. Tony flying off the handle at Wilson was intense.

This is not what I wanted for an ending, but I'm still happy with it. For a while I was concerned they wouldn't justify Tony's actions but they did.....and then some.

Also - Kim was not annoying and finally lived up to her father's abilities. BTW - 2nd greatest moment of the season is her phone dying her screaming "Dammit!" ala her father. I got a nice hearty chuckle from that one. Top moment still remains Jack's initial interrogation of Tony.

Overall - I'm excited for next season.

Jow's Final listing of season from best to worst:

1) Season Five
2) Season Two
3) Season One
4) Season Seven
5) Season Three
6) Season Four
7) Season Six

- Jow

:down Season 7 :down

Sorry, but the finale was all too predictable. The only surprise was Michelle being pregnant, and even that was not enough to sway me towards justifying Tony's actions. I'm glad that some (if not most) of you enjoyed this season, and I look forward to sharing opinions on Season 8. Aloha!

For me it is...

1) Season 5
2) Season 7
3) Season 1
4) Season 4
5) Season 3
6) Season 2
7) Season 6

Season 2 ranks so low because it never had that mind boggling shock moment like Teri's death, the Logan revelation, Tony killing Moss, etc. I'm usually very hard on season 4 and despite it dragging in the latter half with Habib Marwan's constant escapes, upon rewatching this weekend I've realized that it is very solid. The final third of the season just needed a little more oomph.

I really liked the finale. The Tony/Wilson scene was jaw droppingly good. Bernard was awesome.

I loved this season! President Taylor and Agent Walker are great additions!

:applaud

Great finale.

Great season. It definitely lived up to my expectations. Can't wait for Season 8.

First things first, I got to give props to Matt the moderator for being right about Tony Almeda being a "traitor" because it related to President Logan. Course, we see it was more about the guy behind Logan--Will Patton's character. Not to mention Tony has essentially become insane. Then again, with the revelation that Michelle was pregnant with their unborn son when she was killed :wow::csad: no wonder he went over the edge.

And speaking of over the edge, it appears the Renee Walker has now finally made the full transition into becoming the female Jack Bauer. It could be argued that Jack's "pep talk" to her about being able to live with the decisions you make was a last attempt by him for her NOT to go down the same road he did. But, what with Alan Wilson's smug expression on his face knowing he was going to get away with everything, it's easy to sympathize with her. Plus we get a chance to see Renee lock Janis up in handcuffs followed by the sutble change in expression in Wilson from "hey babe" to "umm, why do I get the feeling this might not be as hot as I imagined it would be?"

Anyways, this was a well done season, overall. I liked Jack's over all storyarc in the sense that he's attempting to come to terms with the decisions and personal sacrifices he's made, both realizing that while he may have done what was necessary, he's someone who is in a desperate need for spiritual healing. And I like how it was contrasted between Renee's journey from becoming a purely by-the-book enforcer of law to adopting Jack's more "do what you have to do to save lives" philosophy, and Tony's perversion of that philosophy to become, essentially, a darker version of Jack. However, the whole President Taylor subplot does seem a bit too much like the kind of stuff President Palmer went through, especially the last couple of episodes with regards to her daughter being complicent in assassinating Jonas Hodges and the First Gentlemen wanting to cover it up. Still, not a bad season by any means.

Awasome season. It's gonna be a looonnnng wait till season 8...

Jeez. What powerful scenes in this finale. A great ending to a great season. I'm glad I didn't get bored of it this year. Here's hoping that Season 8 will rock as well.

Really? I loved it. This is my second favorite season outside of 5. Tony's showdown with Alan alone was mind boggling.

I agree with you. This was my second favorite season behind season five.

Great finale. The last hour was pretty damn good. Jack is gonna be pissed that he's alive probably.

My God. Kim was more useful tonight than in the entirety of every other appearance she's had combined. I'm stunned.

President Taylor was great again. Wrenching stuff, especially in the face of the First Gentleman's cheap shot. I had a HUGE grin when Aaron took Olivia away. She was beyond needing comeuppance. Good to see Chief of Staff Shawshank back in the mix too.

Superlatives for Sutherland, Bernard and Wershing would just be repetitive at this point. That last 45 minutes or so was some powerful, good ass, emotional TV. Well done.
Any shortcomings this seasons has had has just entirely been made up for by Kim doing the trademark, Bauer "Damnit!" :lmao:
I had to rewind that part about 5 times before I proceeded with the rest of the episode. A good 24 "Dammit!" can bring all kinds of comedy for me.

Jack is finding God! :wow:

And he didn't even have to torture anyone for the location. :wow:
:lmao:

Also loved the finale. I just could not wait for Olivia to get hers and it was a such a relief when it finally happened. And I've been a fan of Renee the whole season so to see her complete her transformation was also very satisfying.

But obviously the highlight of the episode was Kim's damn it. I couldn't get over it. I can't wait for that thing to pop up on youtube.

Fantastic end to a great season. The Tony scene was easily one of the most powerful moments in the history of the series.

Can't wait for season 8.

For me it is...

1) Season 5
2) Season 7
3) Season 1
4) Season 4
5) Season 3
6) Season 2
7) Season 6

Season 2 ranks so low because it never had that mind boggling shock moment like Teri's death, the Logan revelation, Tony killing Moss, etc. I'm usually very hard on season 4 and despite it dragging in the latter half with Habib Marwan's constant escapes, upon rewatching this weekend I've realized that it is very solid. The final third of the season just needed a little more oomph.

Sorry, but nothing comes closer to the handshake felt round the world at the end of that season. I admit, I am a fan via catching up from DVD's, but that happened and my ass was in best buy within the hour (ba-dah tssss). Jack's interrogation of the terrorists family and fake killing them, and I'm sorry, to this day I still well up tears while Jack is flying the plane and he has the goodbye phone call with Kim. Mason's sacrifice and saving Jack. And my God, it may have been bad, but the cougar. Come on now. Season 2 is amazing if only for laughing at Kim alone. lol

- Jow

Last edited:
Also loved the finale. I just could not wait for Olivia to get hers and it was a such a relief when it finally happened. And I've been a fan of Renee the whole season so to see her complete her transformation was also very satisfying.

But obviously the highlight of the episode was Kim's damn it. I couldn't get over it. I can't wait for that thing to pop up on youtube.

I actually LMAO if when she said that. She is turning into her father. LOL

I thought it was a great season, and a great season finale. Many unpredictable twists, for an action series atleast.

And I really enjoyed the overall theme painted by the finale. It tied everything together perfectly I thought, and sent a fantastic message...which, again...for an action series is pretty cool.

The theme of the price of vengeance, which we saw everyone dealing with. From Olivia, to Renee, to Tony and just seeing how deep they're willing to fall for it.

I actually thought Tony was somewhat redeemed in this finale, because even though he was the bad guy for a while...he had a pretty damn good reason for it.

The Kimnapping was not a problem. It only lasted like 5 minutes.

Powerful scenes too. Tony's scene where he revealed that he had a son on the way was powerful. The Presiden't scene with her family, her husband specifically, was powerful too. Renee making the choice to do what she needed to do. And Jack searching for peace of mind in some way was pretty cool too.

I thought Kim's line was pretty cool too. Since as a viewer, I too can't let go of Jack Bauer just yet.

I'm feeling really numb towards Jack right now. He cheated Tony out of revenge. Jack would've gone ballistic if Tony kept him from killing Nina. It wasn't fair what he did to Tony.

I thought what Tony was screaming while being taken away was fitting, in a way. He seemed to be calling Jack a hypocrite...and Tony did sorta point out that he's sorta the new Jack Bauer. I mean, Tony did save alot of people. Alot. of. people.

Tony did what he did, the same reason Renee went to do what she went to do. Because the "powerful" never really seem to get they're come uppings.

Case in point, Jonas Hodges. That dude was going to walk away clean and without a single price paid.

Wilson...probably will/would too. His organization seems to have been impressively good at they're job up until Tony hit them where it hurt.

I thought it was a great season, and a great season finale. Many unpredictable twists, for an action series atleast.

And I really enjoyed the overall theme painted by the finale. It tied everything together perfectly I thought, and sent a fantastic message...which, again...for an action series is pretty cool.

The theme of the price of vengeance, which we saw everyone dealing with. From Olivia, to Renee, to Tony and just seeing how deep they're willing to fall for it.

I actually thought Tony was somewhat redeemed in this finale, because even though he was the bad guy for a while...he had a pretty damn good reason for it.

The Kimnapping was not a problem. It only lasted like 5 minutes.

Powerful scenes too. Tony's scene where he revealed that he had a son on the way was powerful. The Presiden't scene with her family, her husband specifically, was powerful too. Renee making the choice to do what she needed to do. And Jack searching for peace of mind in some way was pretty cool too.

I thought Kim's line was pretty cool too. Since as a viewer, I too can't let go of Jack Bauer just yet.

I agree. There were so many powerful scenes in the finale. It was great seeing Kim finally 'grow a pair' and Renee to become the female Jack Bauer. On top of that the ending scenes with Tony and President Taylor...wow.

This is definitely in the top two seasons of 24.
icon14.gif

The last time Tony brought up Teri's name as a way to taunt Jack, he almost got his windpipe snapped. He better be glad Jack was at death's door. :woot:

I thought Tony was justified though.

And I know some people were saying that Renee was the love interest...I really don't think so.

If anything, her relationship was Jack seemed more like a Father-Daugther...Mentor type of relationship. Didn't seem sexual in the least, to me. Pretty sure her and Larry were romantic at some point too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"