The Official 24: Day 7 Thread /spoilers/

The last time Tony brought up Teri's name as a way to taunt Jack, he almost got his windpipe snapped. He better be glad Jack was at death's door. :woot:

Ha. Yeah, that's true. I'm glad Tony brought her up this year a couple times. I understand where he's coming from, because he's pretty much in Jack's shoes in season 2 and 3.Unlike Jack though, he never got that moment of payback. However I like chrisbalebatman said about this season's theme of vengeance and what the thirst for it has done to these characters, and i look at these characters and then I look at Jack, who has gotten revenge on many people, for many people, but look where it has gotten him. So much pain, so much remorse. Is it all truly worth it? So I can definitely understand Jack stopping Tony, not just because they need Wilson at the moment, but because in the end, the quest for revenge gives you nothing in the end it seems.

I thought Tony was justified though.

And I know some people were saying that Renee was the love interest...I really don't think so.

If anything, her relationship was Jack seemed more like a Father-Daugther...Mentor type of relationship. Didn't seem sexual in the least, to me. Pretty sure her and Larry were romantic at some point too.

There is definitely some chemistry between Jack and Renee. I think that's pretty obvious. They really grew to care for one another. I am hoping that their relationship is explored more next season.
icon14.gif

Well, yeah they're relationship grew. Alot. She was essentially like Larry Moss at the start of the day.

They make a great team. And there's chemistry there...just not in the love interest sorta way, I think.

She became almost like a daughter by the season finale, I thought. And a student to the Jack Bauer "how to deal with terrorist" book of tricks too.

Well, yeah they're relationship grew. Alot. She was essentially like Larry Moss at the start of the day.

They make a great team. And there's chemistry there...just not in the love interest sorta way, I think.

She became almost like a daughter by the season finale, I thought. And a student to the Jack Bauer "how to deal with terrorist" book of tricks too.

I think the love interest angle was increasing...I didn't see their relationship like father/daughter at all. I honestly though she was going to kiss him before they wheeled him off...but she didn't. :csad:

I liked the finale and all, but:

-I don't get the love for Bernard's performance. I actually thought the whole "you killed my son" thing was kind of campy. But the general idea of Tony doing all this to get revenge (sorry to tell you Tone, but it's revenge, not justice) for Michelle was cool.

-Cherry Jones was great, on the other hand, was great. But her material, alas, wasn't so great. I never cared, even for a second, for the Olivia subplot. Also, I didn't buy the "I have to turn you in because I'm the president". Were it something more like "I have to turn you in because you're a f***in murderer and you have to pay for what you did" I'd be more inclined to accept it.

-Couldn't Reneé have waited? Worst case scenario, Wilson gets released. But then she picks him up herself and does her thing. You know, away from the whole goddamn FBI.

-I spent most Kim scenes saying stuff like "oh god, what the f*** are you going to do now?! Get out of there you moron." I gotta say it was pretty smart of her to get the laptop. But really? You couldn't have taken one of the dead cops’ guns with you? And you HAVE to admit her arm on fire was pretty funny. And I definitely dug her saying "Dammit!"

-Jack was great all around. I really have no complaints about him. Other than maybe him being in a coma is more boring than, say, him walking off into the sunset having faked his death or being kidnapped by the Chinese. To be fair though, those, along with Teri's death, are the best finales on the show.

Overall, I think I'd give it an 8. Better than the few episodes that preceded it, not as great as the rest of the season. But since every episode until maybe 18, was so great, I think I'd rank season 7 as third best, maybe.

I like the finale, but i can't help but feel that it would have been that much more powerful if Kim hadn't shown up and offered her dad the stem cell treatment. If it had ended with Jack going into a coma accompanied by the muslim guy..i think it would have been much more emotional and powerful..and more open ended like the Pres.Taylor ending, and the Renea Walker ending.

They could have saved Kim offering her dad the treatment for the prequel or S8.

I like the finale, but i can't help but feel that it would have been that much more powerful if Kim hadn't shown up and offered her dad the stem cell treatment. If it had ended with Jack going into a coma accompanied by the muslim guy..i think it would have been much more emotional and powerful..and more open ended like the Pres.Taylor ending, and the Renea Walker ending.

They could have saved Kim offering her dad the treatment for the prequel or S8.

The problem with that is the treatment will probably require Jack stay in the hospital for probably as long as a month, and he may very well be in the coma for a couple days. It made more sense from a storytelling point of view to end the season with Kim offering to do the treatment so they can start the season with Jack getting out of the hospital fully recovered. Also, Jack will die without treatment in the next 24 hours. He'd be dead by the start of the eighth season, and if they did a prequel dealing with it the entire episode would be Jack in a coma.

I agree. I really liked Tony's killing my son theme. It may have been 'campy' but his emotions/acting really sold the scene.

I do not think Jack cheated Tony out of revenge. If anything he was saving Tony. Sure Jack did & covered up & got away with alot of stuff but look at where that got him. His wife died & his relationship with his daughter went to the ****ters & Jack is to this day full of guilt & regret. Not even his own country trusted him up until now now that they understand the Jack Bauer way. If Tony became a revenge driven man he would have made Jack seem like the ultimate good guy. Like say if Michelle died after Tony's son was born & lived Tony & his son's relationship would be Jack & Kim 2.0. In the end Jack did Tony a favor & hopefully one day Tony can forgive Jack & hopefully Jack does not give up on Tony so easily. They have to much of a history for Jack to say **** you Tony. Hopefully Jack can make some kind of deal with President Taylor & he can somehow help Tony move on from this

Last edited:
Did anyone pick up the DVD? Apperently Fox has changed the packaging again.

No longer slimdisk? what is it now >_< The cheap Disk on Disk that Smallville does?
Not quite. I have not seen it in person, but apperently it's a regular DVD case with a slipcover. I recently saw a season of X Files like this. If you've seen the packaging for Season 1 of Terminator, it's kinda like that I guess.

X-files?

I have the first issues of the X-files... They aren't like a dvd case.. The second issue of the X-files(and the only other issues) are the slim disc cases..

Hmm.. Have they RE-issued X-files again?!

( guess. It was the first time I've seen them like that{early this month}. Someone mentioned over at DVDTalk that Fox have started reissuing some of their shows in even slimer cases.

Jeeze. I might wait for The BD set.... My season sets are worn out and I was thinking about buying the slim sets so they can all be the same kind.. but Dammit if this doesn't shoot that Idea to hell!

I liked the finale and all, but:

-I don't get the love for Bernard's performance. I actually thought the whole "you killed my son" thing was kind of campy.
I'm guessing you don't have kids or are too cool to be affected by something as trivial as television

Were it something more like "I have to turn you in because you're a f***in murderer and you have to pay for what you did" I'd be more inclined to accept it.
Agreed.

JackBauer said:
-Couldn't Reneé have waited? Worst case scenario, Wilson gets released. But then she picks him up herself and does her thing. You know, away from the whole goddamn FBI.
Hmmm...but what are the chances she's able to get him once he walks out the door? Probably nil. Additionally, I think she was in a rage over what she saw go down with Tony and what she'd had to do earlier in the day with that family because of him.

JackBauer said:
-I spent most Kim scenes saying stuff like "oh god, what the f*** are you going to do now?! Get out of there you moron." I gotta say it was pretty smart of her to get the laptop. But really? You couldn't have taken one of the dead cops’ guns with you? And you HAVE to admit her arm on fire was pretty funny. And I definitely dug her saying "Dammit!"

- Overall, I think I'd give it an 8. Better than the few episodes that preceded it, not as great as the rest of the season. But since every episode until maybe 18, was so great, I think I'd rank season 7 as third best, maybe.

Agreed.

What a powerful finale. I knew Tony had a reason for what he was doing and even when he was doing the worst things imaginable I was defending the season and saying it was leading up to something. The writing in this season was way too good to have them completely spit on a character like that, and I was right. This was a very interesting way to take the character.

I found this episode, like most of the season, to be very emotional and character-driven. I really felt for the characters. It's funny how I could go from "Tony, you're going too far you scumbag!" to "Jack, let him frigging do it! :cmad:" with just one powerful scene. President Taylor definitely is the best President since Palmer. Even though Olivia deserved it, I would not have blamed Taylor for letting her go. Her family had been strained beyond the breaking point, but Taylor still stuck to her principles. Jack and Renee's story arcs left off on a proper note, and I can't wait for next season to see what happens. I even like how the Kimnapping was turned around to give Kim a chance to finally shine.

I was saying this might become my second favorite Season after Season 5 since the attack on the White House. The finale firmly placed it in that position.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you don't have kids or are too cool to be affected by something as trivial as television

No, the acting was just a little too over the top. And had the unborn son been revealed back in season 5, I wouldn't have felt like such a ridiculously tacked on little bit.

I can be affected by television... When it's done right. In this particular case of this particular subplot, it wasn't.

No, the acting was just a little too over the top. And had the unborn son been revealed back in season 5, I wouldn't have felt like such a ridiculously tacked on little bit.

I can be affected by television... When it's done right. In this particular case of this particular subplot, it wasn't.

Fair enough.

It's an action series.

I think for an action series, the acting and the writing works.

If there weren't any explosions or flipped over exploding cars or massive gunfire...I think I'd demand more from the acting and deeper writing.

But, for an action series...I think it all works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"