Hype! Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original Bamfer

Big, Bald and Beautiful
Reaction score
HypeIdolOfficialLogo.jpg

The Game

Hype! Idol is the Hype!'s version of, you probably guessed it, American Idol. The game, if we do it, will be multiple rounds of contestants singing songs which they've uploaded onto the internet for the Hype! to hear. Each round, the community will vote for their favorites and people with the lowest amounts of votes will "go home." Ultimately leading to the finals, where the person with the most votes becomes the Hype! Idol.

There will be themes, interviews and a possible prize for our Idol at the end.

There will be judges and one-to-two hosts who comment on the performances and see that game runs smoothly.

The key to this game is participation. As long as you are in the game, you simply have to record a song, upload it and maybe answer a few questions. Does a singing competition intimidate you? Well, it would me. But don't let this one. This game will encourage both talent and humor. So, if you don't feel like taking it seriously, don't. Be funny, be crazy, exaggerate - whatever you want to do as long as it's appropriate.

I encourage everyone to want to perform. Don't be shy.

Hype! Idol Announcements

Do not worry about deadlines yet. You will be informed when the auditions are due a certain amount of days prior. This is to familiarize you with the weekly Hype! Idol schedule.

If you are interested in recording your audition early, please make sure to include an introduction stating your Hype! screen name, your audition song and who it was originally sung by. This will ONLY be necessary for the auditions. Performances in official rounds will be introduced by the host(s).

An Introduction Example:

"I am The Original Bamfer and I'll be singing Happiness is a Warm Gun, originally performed by the Beatles."

All performances are to be uploaded at Putfile.

Hype! Idol said:
MONDAYS
All content is due to the judges/hosts. This includes an uploaded, ready-to-listen file of your “performance” as well as other activities (this may include interviews, opinions, etc.)

TUESDAYS
The judges/hosts will post your “performance”, their assessments and all other content for the Hype! Community to experience. This will be the “show” thread. Immediately following the posting of this thread, all will be able to vote (for roughly 24 hours) for their favorite Idol contestant.

WEDNESDAYS
The results of the voting will be announced, as well as the contestant(s) who is/are eliminated. This will be the “results” thread. Immediately following the posting of the results, remaining contestants will receive the next week’s theme. This will be when the next round or week will start.

WED - MON
Contestants will be given these days to find their song, approve it with a judge/host, practice the song, record it and upload it into a ready-to-listen file as well as complete any other activities.

hostsmi5.jpg

The Hosts:
The Original Bamfer
Showtime

95204489520450largeqw9.jpg

The Judges:
Colossal Spoons
DBella
Erzengel

Final Hype! Idol Contestants

Cmill216
Darthphere
GL1
Green Lantern
Halcohol
JP
knowsbleed
Logan's Runt
Majik1387
Merk
Monster
ObakeTora
Rando Aces
Shlee
Star
StorminNorman

awseme! this is a cool idea. Dog Lips should compete he got all those voices...

man I wish I could enter!! I don't have a way to download myself singing . . .

I'll definetly listen every week and vote.

sounds cool. I just want to sit back and criticize the contestants. Mmmm, actually, I just want to vote.

I would do a Barry White interpretation

ill sing too. as long as my performances can be hackjobs. every week should be a different artist

i'll listen but i have to remove all the mirrors from my room.

k, ill be randy or a contestant. its up to you america!

So, far the competition is between Logan's Runt and Star. And, while, sure, that'd be one sexy competition, we need a much bigger turnout. So, why don't you folks decide to sing and provide a good game for these lovely ladies?

i would be no competition at all. i cant sing worth a darn. i had an idea for how to get the vids online. why dont we start a hype youtube account? i can make one if everyone is ok with it.

So, far the competition is between Logan's Runt and Star. And, while, sure, that'd be one sexy competition, we need a much bigger turnout. So, why don't you folks decide to sing and provide a good game for these lovely ladies?

Awsome!!!!!!!! Alrighty then, whoever wants KJ (me) for Simon, Bella for Paula, and Rando for Randy say I!!!!!! :woot: :word:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"