Hype Survivor Hype! Survivor 18: Glamorama [OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT]

Kipobe

Sidekick
Reaction score
hollywood.jpg

Welcome one, welcome all. With just hours of non-Survivor action under our belts, it seems like the most opportune time to begin a peak into the future. Congrats to Erz who hosted a fair and challenging game that actually produced a hard-working winner: Slipknot. Slipknot joins 15 different former winners of 17 former games... but now we're entering a new era: Hype! Survivor 18: Glamorama. Don't know what's going on? New player? Old player? Read carefully the rewritten rules, ladies and gents...

~~~~~~~​

THE RULES (for you lucky non-Survivor fans): The original group of 24 is carefully divided into three tribes of 8 from before the game begins. The tribes are constructed and built based on playing experience, talent and ability.

Each 'day' is marked by a new challenge. Each tribe will receive team challenges (instructions for challenges will be explained for each challenge). Right answers during challenges will obviously earn points and wrong answers will be worth none. The tribe with the most points at the end of the 'day' (or round) wins immunity. The tribe with the least points must vote off one of their members via PM in a tribal council. Also, in this game... immunity may be decided by something other than trivia. You will be completely briefed on this before it happens, so do not fret. In the event of any ties, first team with their answers in will win... unless stated otherwise in your specific challenge PM.

If your tribe happens to win three days in a row, then they'll be given a gift in addition to their immunity: they'll go to tribal council on behalf of the other tribe and they'll vote off ANYONE IN THE GAME THAT THEY CHOOSE.

At some point the three tribes will be merged into one tribe. The game will only have one merge at a time already designated. Only the hosts will know about this day until the time it actually happens. Until that time, there will be mandatory trading set aside on a day that will be specified at a later time. Once the merge takes place, the challenges will then be for individual points and only one individual will win immunity.

Hype! Survivor is a game of both strategy and deception. Alliances are both permitted, and encouraged. So find a friend, and sex their brains out. Masterminding and forethought are the keys to success. Laziness and ineffective play will both be penalized and exposed. Hosts have the right to intervene at any point in the game for the sake of keeping dead weight out. As a side note: alliances can be with any of the 24 players... doesn't matter who they are... doesn't matter what tribes they're on... just make sure it's someone you trust... or not. As the old saying goes: keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

***NEW*** The hosting duties in this game will be a little different. In order to ensure balance and fair play, a third host will be heavily involved in the game. They will review questionable calls and challenges, and they will also break up conflicts between the two active hosts. In order to allow the game to flow smoothly, their identity will not be revealed until the end so their integrity to the game's fairness may never be questioned. They may also silently assist in challenge structures and the like. In case the Ghost Host feels the issue is too complex to rule on, we'll bring in a Ghost Jury. Both 'sides' will argue their case as complete as possible, and a group of Hype! Survivor experts will read both arguments and make the call. The hosts will be powerless to overturn the judgment call at this point.

The final Jury will be composed of 9 people: everyone voted off from the remaining nine players who didn't make the finals, and as a bonus, the two game hosts will also have a vote in the Jury by the merits of a final challenge. They will not be responsible for collecting the votes, and will not see the outcome until everyone else does. The work of collecting votes will be up to the Ghost Host! The complete Jury will vote FOR WHO THEY THINK SHOULD WIN of the final two remaining players to find the winner of the Hype! Survivor.

A note on cheating: It's very easy to cheat in this game. Very, very easy. Some of the rounds will be much more difficult to cheat at than others (some will be downright impossible to cheat on). Regardless, hosts have ways of catching you, and sometimes will even set up traps for you. If you feel you have to cheat, by all means, go ahead... but if you're caught, you WILL be penalized. Again, specific rules of what's legal or not will be in each challenge PM.

Please keep in mind that these rules are subject to change with warning. They're merely a guideline for the game, and specific details may crop up here and there. Play hard, read carefully, and allow your cutthroat skills to shine forth. Voila!

~~~~~~~​

So now, you may still have questions. 'Tis okay... many do. Ask away in the thread. But here's some quick answers to some common questions:

Who's hosting? Kipobe & Toven. A third host will be silently active.

When does the game start? Currently scheduled to start on October 9th... over a month away.

How long will it last? Scheduled to last approximately 9 weeks.

What do I have to do to play? Good question. Select the largest sized font and say the current time by your time zone and your screen name. Then say 'Kipobe, may I play?'

I won't respond here, but your initial request is noted. You may be contacted at some point.

How much is involved from me? On average, about 4 hours a week, but sparatically. Each 'day' will last around 3 real days, and will require your attention at least two of those three days. Only play if you can commit.

When will I know if I'm actually playing? Before October 9th.

When will sign-ups complete? Likely within two weeks. After that, we'll weed out the ones we absolutely DON'T want in the game, and send out applications to the remaining players. The applications will assist us with the process.

How many players will there be total? 24

Ask any other questions here. Do not PM Kipobe. :o I love you all.

I'm signing up...or so I've been told too.

7:02 - Equint77 - Kipobe may I play?????????????????

7:08 EST Erzengel Kipobe may I play ?

00.18. Pirateking. Kipode I've been told to play!

Two spots for me and Venom_Drool.

So missing any "day" would ruin the game? (for my tribe too?) I dunno if I could commit to that time period.

Damn, Pirateking is playing. That alone makes me want to play so bad, but alas...I'm gonna sit a game out. Especially after all the enemies I made last time :(

Oh get that, I have a fan!

Matt, sign up.

Edit:
He asked for your timezones people.

Central/Pacific/Eastern etc

9:24 Eastern Time Zone. JewishHobbit. Kipobe may I play?

Note: My internet is currently deactivated and may not be around for a short while. I'm hoping to have it up by then, but if it isn't I'll withdraw my post. I'll let you know.

Pirateking said:
Oh get that, I have a fan!

Matt, sign up.

I'll probably be the first one out...but what the hell...

9:41 PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME. MATT. KIPOBE MAY I PLAY?

Childlike Wild said:
October is too far away for my attention span to comprehend.

We're like halfway done setting things up, another month and we'll be golden. Apparently, we're revolving this Survivor around maxwell's failed marriage.

maxwell has a failed marriage? Make a multiple choice round about his sexual deficiencies.

me and sofa.. we are eastern

kipobe may i play you scumbag

register me under Venom Drool Kip

i love you

hug and stuff

Childlike Wild said:
maxwell has a failed marriage? Make a multiple choice round about his sexual deficiencies.

Kipobe should probably do that round..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"