Hype TV Club Watches "CHUCK" in August

Watching the episode with the truth serum now. Pretty good episode all the way around. I like how they don't forget that Ellie and Awesome are doctors and Ellie tried to save that guy. She was pretty funny under the truth serum and it was good to see how much Chuck and Devin worried about her. Again, I really love the family dynamic of this show.

One of my favorite lines of the show is while Chuck, Sarah and Casey are under the truth serum when Chuck tells Casey that his "jaw looks like it was sculpted by Michelangelo himself" or something to that effect.

I'm glad Tang will be gone for now on. I didn't care for that storyline.

Chuck likes Lou, the lady he helped at the Buy More but is stuck in a fake relationship with Sarah. After the truth she revealed to him when they caught the bad guy, it pretty much sucked for Chuck. Once again Sarah's facial expressions when he breaks up with her are great. And the phone call with Casey after he left leaves a lot of doors open.

I love Brie Larson. She is great for Captain Marvel. I am very happy about that choice. But watching Chuck again brought back that Yvonne dream. :funny:

I totally agree with you on her bringing the gravitas to the show. Outside of her "dream" moments, she doesn't get all that much comedy to work with. But no one makes me care more. In a lot of ways, she is the shows heart or perhaps backbone. I really care about Chuck because she really cares about Chuck.
Yeah, I am THRILLED beyond belief about Brie as Captain Marvel, and she was indeed much higher on my wishlist for the role than Yvonne, due to multiple factors (including the prestige factor and the fact that she had proven herself capable of carrying the lead in movies). That said, for years, Yvonne has been Captain Marvel in my head. I couldn't even help it - whenever I closed my eyes and imagined Carol Danvers, she looked and sounded like Yvonne Strahovski. Just so much about what we saw of Sarah reminded me of Carol so much of the time. I'm sure once I see Brie in the role she will be the one who automatically comes to mind when I think of Carol, and that's already starting to happen actually, but for a looong time, it's been Yvonne, and every time I re-watch this show, I'm reminded of why.

On a side note, the show has a pretty decent soundtrack too
Hell yeah, it's a Josh Schwartz show. That's like his specialty. I still listen to my mixes from The OC and Chuck all the time. I discovered sooooo many bands through his shows, lol. And I think the song you were referring to from the Alma Mater ep was "Don't Look Back in Anger," one of my favorite Oasis songs.

I'm pretty sure you are right because it did sound like Oasis.

My fave song of theirs is Some Might Say (not relevant but whatevs)

I just watched episode 9. I forgot season 1 was only 13 episodes so the cliffhanger(s) at the end were big deals at the time. Casey's observations were dead on lol and it's obvious Sarah is getting feelings for Chuck since she keeps interfering in things. Casey is a pretty funny guy.

The scene where Lester comes to ask her out at Weinerlicious is pretty funny too.

slightly off topic,I know ''24'' is returning again but I really wish they could have continued the series with Yvonne's character (Kate Morgan)

slightly off topic,I know ''24'' is returning again but I really wish they could have continued the series with Yvonne's character (Kate Morgan)
That sounds preferable over the vaguely related "spin-off" they're currently doing.

Just finished episode 10. And I don't care how [blackout]"noble" his intentions were[/blackout], Bryce Larkin will always be a *****e to me.

has anyone ever watched the lil mini eps that NBC used to have on their site? i haven't, but i'm wondering if they need to be seen in any chronological order or sequence in regards to episodes too.

if i recall, they're mostly buy more scenes?

where is everyone at on the show now?

9NSRXs3.gif

Towards the end of season 4.

2 more languages to the Sarah Walker portfolio:

Russian
German

i think that's 4 in season 1 now?

You're still on S1, CC? I just finished the Xmas episode of S2, or the Die Hard episode. Still one of my absolute favorites. There's a reason this episode is part of my annual Christmas-watching tradition. Utilized the whole ensemble brilliantly and had the perfect balance of humor and heart.

I loved how ridiculous the product placement got as the series went on

You're still on S1, CC? I just finished the Xmas episode of S2, or the Die Hard episode. Still one of my absolute favorites. There's a reason this episode is part of my annual Christmas-watching tradition. Utilized the whole ensemble brilliantly and had the perfect balance of humor and heart.

yeah:/
i was out of town for a few days, been working a ton, got a little sick and some other crazy stuff got in the way. i'm on season 2 now

i just finished the S1 finale a bit ago. i really liked that Awesome asked Chuck's permission to marry Ellie and how he knew and respected Chuck as the man in her life since they've been raising themselves for years. Again, the family aspect is one of my favorite parts of this show and it was pretty sad to watch Sarah watching them celebrate the engagement from the outside. Another great silent acting job from Yvonne. Why isn't she in more stuff these days?

I loved how ridiculous the product placement got as the series went on
Yeah, once Subway basically saved the show, I really enjoyed their unabashed Subway stanning, lol.

yeah:/
i was out of town for a few days, been working a ton, got a little sick and some other crazy stuff got in the way. i'm on season 2 now

i just finished the S1 finale a bit ago. i really liked that Awesome asked Chuck's permission to marry Ellie and how he knew and respected Chuck as the man in her life since they've been raising themselves for years. Again, the family aspect is one of my favorite parts of this show and it was pretty sad to watch Sarah watching them celebrate the engagement from the outside. Another great silent acting job from Yvonne. Why isn't she in more stuff these days?
She's in plenty of stuff, it just hasn't been any good. :csad:

Hope you're feeling better.

i know she was on Dexter and 24, both pretty popular shows, but i've not seen either. and there's that I, Frankenstein movie. i have it but i haven't seen it either.

it's still hard for me to see Levi and Bartowski on this, then Flynn Rider in Tangled, then to his character in Thor 2. i used to have a huge fangirl nerd crush on him. watching this show again, i think i still do haha

Yeah, I used to crush on him too, but I think I'm over it now, lol.

Yvonne was just in that crappy Astronaut Wives Club "mini-series" and Shane Black western pilot for Amazon that I enjoyed well enough but I don't think it got voted to series. She was also in a movie with Adrian Brody a couple months ago that looked like garbage.

I honestly think 24 was her best post-Chuck role to date (unless you count that Broadway role she got a lot of praise for). And she was basically a more serious version of Sarah Walker in it, lol.

i vaguely remember the Broadway role, but nothing about what it was about. i think her likeness was used in a video game too. Mass Effect maybe?

a friend of mine met Levi at a con a few years ago and i was so jealous. i think if i go to the earliest pages of my Amazon Wish List, i might still have a Buy More jacket on there lol

Yeah, she was in Mass Effect, but that was DURING Chuck, I believe.

I didn't even know they made Buy More jackets, lol.

well i'm still burning through Season 2

cameos galore lol Strahan, Michael Clarke Duncan, Nicole Richie, the bad guy from the first GI Joe Movie, the one lady from all the CW shows, John Laroquette, and of course, Corey Matthews! i mightve forgot some
and Bryce is back. Candyman got killed cuz Fulcrum lol

this season is kinda cheesy, but the family parts are so good. so good. and when Sarah was in the hospital and Awesome intervened to talk to her "ex boyfriend", i really liked his speech about being a heart doctor and he knows how it works better than anything and how sarah likes chuck. horrible paraphrasing i know.

we learn more about Casey and Sarah and I liked that she was pissed off that Chuck was trying to pry into her personal life. she should've been and he was kinda a dick for it. granted he's not mean about it and i totally get why he wants to know her but i think her reaction was realistic. but kudos to him in the end when he gets a chance to ask her one real thing, he doesn't.

he's already learning some truths about her, albeit small ones, like how she likes certain foods, her favorite flowers, etc and those small things do mean big things though. they're obviously very important to her that he's learned these on his own. i'm pretty sure when he brought her flowers at the hospital, which were her favorite kind, when they showed all the flowers bryce bought, none were her favorite kind. it just looked like he bought a bunch of different kinds.

bryce isn't a bad guy, i don't think, but it's hard to tell if he's telling chuck to stay away from sarah because he's jealous, or because he thinks it's putting them at danger and affecting her job. maybe a lil bit of both. the foreshadowing flashback scene in the beginning of the ep with the flash drive and then the scene at the end at the depot were supposed to show how sarah wasn't afraid to take the shot with bryce there, but how she hesitated with chuck in the same position. but where i totally get that, apparently bryce forgot that sarah was literally just in the hospital after suffering a concussion after that bomb went off. it was extremely smart of her to not take that shot. who knew how accurate she would've been, when it has been apparent all season long that she has great aim (again in the foreshadowing scene) and especially in knives.

i'm just happy to be back in this show again :hrt:

i watched the high

On the final season, Casey remains to be my favorite character, I cant say the same for Morgan though he just simply continues to be annoying.

yeah i was never big on Morgan. he had some good moments, a lot of bad ones, but we all have that one friend right?

if not, maybe we are the Morgan :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"