I Am Going to Tell Them It Was All Your Idea: The Supporting Cast Thread

Yes! Now that would be fascinating.

Yeah, I think you would have to do Gilda a little differently if Aubrey were to play her… the whole point of Gilda in The Long Halloween is that you overlook her and never suspect she would do anything wrong. If Aubrey were to play her, you would immediately think, “Something is up with her…” but you could play around with that.

I agree. I’ve said here before that the best way to do the story of Two-Face is to bring back Gilda. I feel as if she’s just as important to Harvey as Nora is to Freeze. Without her, Two-Face is mostly depicted as a mere gangster bank robber. In the animated series (even though she was an alternate version of Gilda), Grace added so much more to his story.

Aubrey is phenomenal and could definitely pull the character off. There really isn’t a back story on Gilda. They could use the original version and TLH as an inspiration, but you can really go in any direction with her character.

Really think they shouldn't touch Two-Face origin at all in this incarnation. We're only gonna get 2 more movies, it'd feel like a waste of time to spend time on any of them remixing what was already done perfectly in TDK, even if you add new elements or whatever. Let's focus on other stories.

done perfectly? wouldn't say all that

Really think they shouldn't touch Two-Face origin at all in this incarnation. We're only gonna get 2 more movies, it'd feel like a waste of time to spend time on any of them remixing what was already done perfectly in TDK, even if you add new elements or whatever. Let's focus on other stories.

He was absolutely nowhere near “perfect” in that film. Also, who said that it would even be a remix? There’s other ways to approach his character that would work great for this saga. They don’t even have to spend the entire film telling his origin.

You’re not going to have a Batman detective crime saga that includes Salvatore Maroni, a rising/ongoing gang war, and an empty D.A. slot and not include one of the most important characters in telling that side of the story.

Reeve’s is doing an excellent job in world building and establishing the characters he wants to use so far. 3 films and multiple tv series in between is certainly enough time focus on other storylines.

Dent’s origin in TDK is head and shoulders better than any other version. When Invader and I agree on something it must be true!

TDK does everything TLH does but way better and the animated series origin is great but it’s also something that would be horrendously offensive now, plus the Jekyll and Hyde portrayal of DID is stupid and cheesy on top of being offensive.

He was absolutely nowhere near “perfect” in that film. Also, who said that it would even be a remix? There’s other ways to approach his character that would work great for this saga. They don’t even have to spend the entire film telling his origin.

You’re not going to have a Batman detective crime saga that includes Salvatore Maroni, a rising/ongoing gang war, and an empty D.A. slot and not include one of the most important characters in telling that side of the story.

Reeve’s is doing an excellent job in world building and establishing the characters he wants to use so far. 3 films and multiple tv series in between is certainly enough time focus on other storylines.
It is not a rule that just because all those elements are there you /need/ to do Harvey Dent. But even then, I'm not even arguing against having Harvey in the films at all. Just doing the whole Two-Face origin. If they wanted to play around and make it so he's already Two-Face, or he never becomes Two-Face, or they do the Jessica Dent thing maaaaybe there could be something there but it really doesn't matter if they add Gilda or whatever, there are very very specific story beats that the traditional Two-Face origin follows (White knight DA > Partnership with Batman and Gordon > Tragedy > Face burnt off) that's just bound to come across as repetitive from TDK if you put it on a screenplay.

Dent’s origin in TDK is head and shoulders better than any other version. When Invader and I agree on something it must be true!

TDK does everything TLH does but way better and the animated series origin is great but it’s also something that would be horrendously offensive now, plus the Jekyll and Hyde portrayal of DID is stupid and cheesy on top of being offensive.
An idea I guess they could play around is make it like the Gotham by Gaslight animated movie where they use Dent as a red herring. Maybe he becomes a suspect in an investigation or something, and you keep waiting the whole movie to see him crack, and perhaps comment on his DiD with that, but he never does. If they want to make it really dark they can make it so that makes it so he gets attacked and his face burnt off but he just dies from that like in Earth One. Would be interesting meta-commentary on how people with DiD are unfairly maligned. But again I'm really not sure how much I'd actually want to see a good chunk of the next two movies dedicated to that.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve always maintained that it was a great performance and it is the best live action version of Harvey. Though I’m a person that will always disagree when something is referred to as “perfect”. Someone will always come about with an idea that will shift someone’s perspective. There are so many elements to Two-Face that have not been explored in live action. That version, without a doubt, can be topped.

@Invader_Joker I get where you’re coming from. I’ve suggested before that Harvey could get scarred in a raid as the opening of the film. I do agree that spending the next film or two trying to tell his origin is unnecessary. Though, I just can’t agree with the TDK origin being “perfect” because there’s too many ways to spin it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"