Is it time for Keaton to “Return”?

Hingle barely had a personality as Gordon, let alone even share a scene with Keaton as Batman. You can count on one hand the number of scenes and lines he had in Batman Returns.
Thanks for saving the day Batman.

I probably looked away for a moment to reach for my mug of tea, as its that easy to miss Gordon being in that movie.
Time for some comedic attempts

"What are you waiting for? The signal"
Cop shoots Batman on roof, Gordon shouts "WAIT"

Of course it's memorable presence of high importance.

I’ve been reading a lot of discussion about this new Elseworlds label that starts with Joaquin Phoenix’s “Joker”, and I’ve seen a LOT of talk about Michael Keaton potentially returning as Batman under this label. From what I understand, the general consensus is that a future Batman movie should be next in line under this new label, and there’s no one better to play the role than Keaton.

There’s so much potential for a storyline like this. This is ground that has been extensively covered in the comics and animation, and it’s something I’m sure the fans would love to see. They could mine The Dark Knight Returns, Batman Beyond, or even Kingdom Come for this new story. There’s just so much potential.

I personally think it would be perfect to close out Burton’s series with one more film, and I really hope WB notices all this talk about Keaton potentially returning.

And if you don’t believe me about how much people are talking about this, here are some references:

Why Michael Keaton is the Batman we need right now

If you scroll down, there’s a big discussion about Keaton returning here

What do you guys think? Is it time? Personally, I think if they ever do a future Batman movie, it has to be Keaton, and it has to be now. Or else they’re going to have to wait 30 years to get Bale to do it. With ANOTHER Batman reboot on the horizon, I feel like this would feel a bit more fresh, it’s the perfect direction to take the DC movies, and the logical next step for this Elseworlds label.

I would so be on board with a Keaton return!! I could see him in a dark knight returns type film... I would love to see him dawn the cape and cowl again!! I would pre order my tickets immediately!!! I really wish that would happen!!

The idea of Keaton for a Dark Knight Returns style of movie is a cool one.
Maybe something out of the movie canon and maybe getting back again Burton...but there are a lot of maybe's.
Its absolutly a idea that should be thought about.

Frankly I am pretty bitter at Keaton for doing Birdman, him then doing Homecoming felt like at-best opportunism and returning to Batman would feel even more so. Not really against Burton but him doing live-action Dumbo feels a little too much like self-parody. And while I like some of B89 and love BR both of his movies were a lot more about the villains so making a third film so much later feels probably pretty pointless, better to just leave BR an open-ended ending.

I’m glad Keaton came back but I’m so sad that they didn’t just bring him on for a Batman Beyond or Kingdom Come style story. Just throwing him into the established DCEU was a stupid idea!

We want Keaton in Batman Beyond! Not the mainline DCEU. We already have a DCEU Batman and he seems willing to return for small appearances. Why is that so hard for WB to understand??

Maybe DC/WB is realizing how stupid their idea is by pulling the jumbled ass Batgirl movie and reshooting the Aquaman scenes. Zaslav may have some sense in his decisions. I’m not even against Batgirl being pulled. Better to pull it than hurt the brand further.

Just retain Affleck for the DCEU, leave Pattinson in his own universe , and leave Keaton for the Batman Beyond/Kingdom Come type of stories.

It was that simple. Making 70 year old Keaton the main DCEU Batman was always a bad idea. Beyond though? That’s what we really want .

The shelving of Batgirl was silly imo , and if anything, it's done WB more PR harm than good.
It certainly doesn't make Zaslov or WB look like the guys who " have it together"

In terms of Keaton, unfortunately the best time for him to return as Batman may very well have been in 1994 , even with his disagreements with Schumacer.

Unfortunately , he came back too late when WB studios was in turmoil over attempting , and still attempting, to emulate Marvel, in addition to other factors.

It remains to be seen what happens with Keaton's Batman, but it's a shame for him that he's had to deal with all this drama.

Is it too late for Batman Beyond? Maybe just end Flash with some finality. Establish that Keaton is remaining in his universe. A follow up to that could be the introduction of Terry McGinnis and the return of the Joker (Dafoe?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"