I Don't Understand....

Frig, that amazing video game for SR coming out with sell like crazy... it loooks insane.

dnno1 said:
I saw something like this posted over at another forum, but I don't know where its coming from nor if it is totally true. What if the film had only made $40 million domestically and made $360 million overseas? Do you think that the studios would turn away the opportunity to make a sequel and to make more money just because it didn't do well here in the United States? I want to believe that the $200 million figure had to include both foriegn and domestic, because that is more than likely how they sold it in their pitch to the studios and investors. The fact that they were targeting overseas viewers also explains why they de-ephasized the whole American way thing in the film, so that was a clue in to me that they were relying on overseas revenue for the film. Like I mentioned before, overseas revenues are steadily becoming more and more a significant and even the dominant source of revenue for this gener of films so it should be and is respected and not discounted by the producers.
No they would not have made a sequel if it did 40 here and 360 overseas. yeah overseas is a good market, but not what you want in terms of doing a sequel. American domestic market is where they make the money. it is where they make the money when DVD's come out too for the film. And no, if that quote is accurate, which I am inclined to believe it is, it is 200 domestic. Not dom/WW total. Just Domestic.

Wesyeed said:
If all those movies are better than returns, expect them to have better box office returns as well.

That's usually how it goes in my neighborhood.

If that were true then why do Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest and X-Men: The Last Stand have higher box office grosses than Superman Returns :o

thank you hippie! I don't know why some people can't admit that SR is a disappointment. Even if it makes $200 million, it is clawing its way to it. That's not a good sign! For someone to say it isn't a disappointment is someone who is totally blind! I wanted the movie to do good cuase it means more Marvel movies will be made cuase the average fan doesn't know DC from Marvel. But if Supes bombs it does affect other movies. I'm just not to blind to admit that the movie failed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"