Which DC heroes could defeat MCU Thanos?

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
As far as MCU version of Thanos either with the Infinity Gauntlet or without it, which DC heroes could defeat Thanos?

1- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
2- Wonder Woman (Diana Prince)
3- Shazam (Billy Batson)
4- Superman (Clark Kent/Kal-El)
5- Ion
6- The Flash (Barry Allen)
7- Spectre
8- Dr Manhattan
9- Doctor Fate

That's a bit of a subjective question isn't it, because Thanos is a very different threat with some of the stones, compared to without them. Without a stone, it's possible that Bruce Wayne in a highly advanced suit could be able to at least hold his own against Thanos, just as Stark did.

If Thanos had a stone though, Bruce probably wouldn't fare too well. Without a stone, someone like Superman, a Lantern or Wonder Woman should be able to put him down with relative ease. Give Thanos a stone or three, and suddenly the battle is in his favour.

You're going to have to refine your question.

If Thanos had no stones then Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman can defintely put up a fight against him especially Kal El. I mean Supergirl too...Kara Zor El she can also put up a fight much like her cousin could especially against Thanos. Other DC heroes who could put up a fight against Thanos who has no stones...there is Green Lantern (Hal or John), Shazam (Billy) and Doctor Fate as well as Zatanna. Batman has no chance against Thanos especially if Thanos was without the Infinity Gauntlet. Bruce would be demolished pretty easily. Barry Allen/Flash he would be able to keep Thanos at bay because of his Speed Force but hand to hand he would get crushed. Hawkgirl definitely could put up a fight. Green Arrow he would be demolished and so would Black Canary.

Atom, Booster Gold and Blue Beetle probably wouldn't last long against Thanos either.

Now Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet...the only heroes who could probably still take him on hand to hand...Superman, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Shazam, Doctor Fate, Zatanna

Not hand to hand for sure, but I'd submit that The Flash could take down Thanos through time travel. :o

Now Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet...the only heroes who could probably still take him on hand to hand...Superman, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Shazam, Doctor Fate, Zatanna
You're still going to need to refine the original question a bit.

Thanos with a complete gauntlet would be able to defeat anyone and everyone. He could quite easily snap Superman, Shazam, and Zatanna out of existence. Different stones on their own obviously give him an advantage (he'd use the power stone to fight Kal-El for example) or the space stone to go after a fleeing Green Lantern, or use the reality stone to complicate attacks from Doctor Fate and/or Zatanna. He'd even use the time stone to counteract everything the Flash could do.

Put the question into perspective. Which stones are in use here?

Even with no Stones Thanos was pretty formidable, so heroes wise I only see Superman defeating him out of the DCCU heroes so far. Aquaman, Flash and WW struggled with Steppenwolf, who wasn’t as powerful as Thanos for me.

Villains wise though, I think with no Stones Thanos would struggle physically with Doomsday and I think DD would kill him.

Even with no Stones Thanos was pretty formidable, so heroes wise I only see Superman defeating him out of the DCCU heroes so far. Aquaman, Flash and WW struggled with Steppenwolf, who wasn’t as powerful as Thanos for me.
Is it wise to use the live action Justice League as a base for this debate; Superman was practically godlike in that film, and other heroes should've been able to hold their own a little more.

One of the problems with adapting a comic book character to the big screen when there's so many comic books of that character to draw from, is that their power and abilities is going to fluctuate so much dependant on what the director is trying to do with said character.

Unlike Superman, Aquaman has access to magical weapons should he choose to utilise them. It's no secret that Superman doesn't exactly have a defence against magical weaponry, so in that sense, someone like Shazam could (hypothetically) give Superman a run for his money.

Superman is great if you just want a durable brute who can take a punch, but there are other DC heroes out there that can offer more than that. When Hulk (also a brute) took on Thanos, Thanos had the Power Stone; there was supposed to have been a second fight in Endgame IIRC that had Hulk and Thanos (without any stones) battle it out, and it would've been a much fairer fight, but it was apparently cut, or not filmed or whatever.

Is it wise to use the live action Justice League as a base for this debate; Superman was practically godlike in that film, and other heroes should've been able to hold their own a little more.

One of the problems with adapting a comic book character to the big screen when there's so many comic books of that character to draw from, is that their power and abilities is going to fluctuate so much dependant on what the director is trying to do with said character.

Unlike Superman, Aquaman has access to magical weapons should he choose to utilise them. It's no secret that Superman doesn't exactly have a defence against magical weaponry, so in that sense, someone like Shazam could (hypothetically) give Superman a run for his money.

Superman is great if you just want a durable brute who can take a punch, but there are other DC heroes out there that can offer more than that. When Hulk (also a brute) took on Thanos, Thanos had the Power Stone; there was supposed to have been a second fight in Endgame IIRC that had Hulk and Thanos (without any stones) battle it out, and it would've been a much fairer fight, but it was apparently cut, or not filmed or whatever.

Sorry, my bad, I thought it was just the movie versions the thread starter meant. In that case then yeah plenty could, but at the same time, MCU Thanos isn't as powerful as the comics version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"