Restarting the DC Universe

If you could get BC in the role and make Lex this ultra serious multibillionaire that tinkers with scientific experiments as his hobby it would be awesome.
No cheesy jokes from this lex, no stupid laughs, and no lines like Wrrrooong!

You would do good to see this lex crack a smile behind closed doors, it's only when he is on camera for the public, opening the latest orphanage or homeless shelter that he does smile, and even then it's practiced.
It's all a sham to make the public like him. He couldn't care less about any of them tho, they are beneath him.

My lex would be the type who would have his bodyguard mercy injure, kill, or destroy financially anyone over minor things like dropping off the wrong dry cleaning, or reporting a bad story about him on the news.
He would have been suspected of crimes in the past but an army of attorney's kept him out of trouble.

We would see him in his childhood growing up and see what made him the cold hearted monster he now is, how he loses his hair, and how becomes the CEO of Lexcorp.

He would be the king of the world. We would see lex traveling the world making billion dollar deals like it's a trip to the store for us. World leaders gush and fawn over him. But everywhere he goes dead bodies from those that disagree with him are left behind.

Then superman arrived and it all changed.
Lex was watching it live on several flat screens. The man in blue saved a plane that was crashing into the bay. Lex frowns at the footage.
Much fanfare followed. Superman soon had a huge following and the public's attention quickly turned from lex to him.

6 months pass.

We would see what lex sees, news reports of superman saving planes, putting out fires, stopping crooks, getting the keys to the city, pro superman rallies, etc.
With each report lex grows angrier. Enough!!

Lex couldn't get away from it. He just signed a 50 billion dollar deal with the Chinese and the major news channels are instead reporting that superman saved some brats from a flood.

Superman? Again? He fumes. Mercy, give me your gun. She hands it over and He shoots the TV screen out.
Jealousy over superman soon turns into an obsession that leads lex to eventually try and kill this man of tomorrow.

Lex starts researching by using a small army of detectives and internet hounds to see when superman first arrived. He hires the best astronomers and scientists that money can buy, but its Lex himself who discovers where superman is from, a destroyed planet over 200 light years away, well 3 actually that were in the same system, all destroyed by a star going nova but lex isnt sure which one planet it is.

He tracks down all reports of strange saves in the past 20 years or so in the surrounding areas, it all eventually leads to one place, Smallville.

He offers big money for any and all information that anyone from there may have, but most are mum. He soon discovers that reports of ufo's were seen exactly 26 years ago in smallville, but the goverment claimed it was a satellite crashing during a meteor shower.
So he turns to a goverment insider and discovers from the man that some glowing green meteors were recovered, but that was all.

Lex starts leaking reports that superman is a harbinger of an invasion. Public doubt rises some about superman, but lois lane soon interviews him live on the air and all doubts are soon squashed about this honest to goodness smiling boyscout.

Not long after we see superman fly past lexcorp, past the window where lex is standing. lex is sipping on a glass of whiskey, looking over "his" city.
Superman stops and hovers outside the window.
He knows lex is responsible for trying to discredit him, and that he is responsible for lots of deaths.
Lex walks closer to the window.
I'll be watching you lex. I know what you really are, and You aren't any humanitarian. You may have most of the world fooled but not Me.
Lex- I know what you are too, alien, and I know where you are from, farmboy, or should I say more specifically, kryptonian?
Superman's eyes grow wide in shock that lex knows about smallville and that he is not from krypton.
Lex smirks at the reaction. Thank you, I wasn't sure it was krypton until now.

They stare at each other for a long moment.
Lex finally loses it and throws his half full glass of whiskey at superman, it shatters against the window.
Supes shakes his head and flies off.

We would see the buildup to the conflict, but I'd want this film to focus on lex, and if it did good, then have the physical conflicts with superman in the sequel.

It could end with lex failing in his PR campaign, so he is now working on plan B
He is in his lab at lexcorp, along with some scientists.
They are standing over a metal figure laying on a table. It's unmistakably metallo.

I paid 20 million to a goverment employee for this rock, but it's worth every penny.
And oh mercy. She steps forward.
Make sure you kill that man, I dont want the missing meteor traced back to me.
And the money?
I dont care, it's just 20 million. Keep it, burn it, whatever.
The scientists look at each other nervously over what they just heard, fearing they would be next.
Relax gentlemen, I need you.

Now Where were we. Oh yes. This is a piece from the aliens homeworld, and according to my calculations, it's very deadly to him.
I can't get close enough to use it but my friend here can. It will power him and give him almost the same strength as superman, plus, the radition will weaken the alien to the point that he can be killed.
Lex inserts the glowing green rock into an open metal chest cavity. A low humming sound is heard, it builds.
The metal hands on the table start to move, then metallo sits upright. He looks at lex.

Lex looks up, eyes narrowed. Let's have some fun shall we.
End.

Last edited:
That honestly sounds great. I could really get into exploring the villains’ side of things.

They don't need to reboot the DCEU, they just need to fix it.

I admit, I thought Henry Cavill was actually out, if he isn't, he's at least going to be busy for a while. Ben Affleck is a bit of a mess right now, so I don't see him returning anytime soon. At this point, until they can work around Cavill & Affleck, they should just focus on the other DC characters.

Aquaman, WW2 and Shazam are bound to be hits, and if the DCEU want to go cosmic, they can play around with the Lantern Corps bringing them into the fold later. We can do without Superman and Batman for a while, although I'd prefer not to see any Gotham or Kryptonian characters (yeah, that includes Supergirl) until Henry & Ben(?) are back on the scene.

Focus on Diana, Arthur, Barry, Victor and maybe the likes of Kendra until we're in a place to bring everyone together again.
You had me until here. Let Cyborg go and focus on MM.

Yup, I'm all for MM.

You had me until here. Let Cyborg go and focus on MM.
Yup, I'm all for MM.
The core group aside, the missing trio would be Cyborg, Hawkgirl and Martian Manhunter.

Between those three, I'd like Hawkgirl to be the next one we see; for one, it's another woman on the team, and for another, we've had (at least one version of) the MM covered in the CW Supergirl show. I know the Hawks have been covered on Legends, but lets be honest and agree that they've been butchered more than they've been covered.

Plus MM can get us a potential spinoff television series. Like a sci-fi crime drama. X-Files meets superheroes.

Between those three, I'd like Hawkgirl to be the next one we see; for one, it's another woman on the team, and for another, we've had (at least one version of) the MM covered in the CW Supergirl show. I know the Hawks have been covered on Legends, but lets be honest and agree that they've been butchered more than they've been covered.
I so want to see Hawkgirl in the DCEU :up:

Plus MM can get us a potential spinoff television series. Like a sci-fi crime drama. X-Files meets superheroes.
Yeah that would be cool. I like the idea of Martian Manhunter operating as a detective under the radar for decades before he goes public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"