Action-Adventure Mad Max: Furiosa Spinoff

Great sign. Those predictions just keep on climbing by the day. Great news for the franchise. 😃

Update
Rotten Tomatoes
88%
(57 reviews)
Average Rating: 8.4 out of 10
Fresh: 50
Rotten: 7

Metacritic = 82 (32 reviews)
26 positive / 6 mixed / 0 negative
Metascore: Universal Acclaim

Last edited:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Furiosa score by Junkie XL is out!

I dont take standing ovations at Cannes all that seriously cause everything gets a like 10 minute standing ovation. It's only notable if the ovation is only like 5 mins or less or something.

But I don't doubt critics are enjoying the movie. Just saying the Cannes thing specifically doesn't move the needle for me

I dont take standing ovations at Cannes all that seriously cause everything gets a like 10 minute standing ovation. It's only notable if the ovation is only like 5 mins or less or something.

But I don't doubt critics are enjoying the movie. Just saying the Cannes thing specifically doesn't move the needle for me
Yeh the Cannes applause thing is a bit much but hey like ATJ mentioned, better that than boos.

The critical reception is pretty great and so interesting to see not just how many people gave it a thumb up but really liked/loved the film and a prime example is how on RT the film has very high average rating both for “Top Critics” and “All Critics” which is always the best indicator of the quality of the movie itself and the same thing is seen on Metacritic, again with a really strong rating and plenty of top/perfect scores to go around.

Hence why I mentioned before that I think that the overall rating on RT will likely go up and probably land on the 90’s when it’s all said and done. Not many movies adjust upwards on RT specially those with already a high score. But we’ll see if my theory holds any weight soon enough.

Exchanged my ticket for a Dolby Atmos screening. 3 PM on May 23rd!

Last edited:
Reading about the standing ovations at Cannes no matter which film it is always makes me chuckle. I just imagine some guy sitting at the back with a pocket watch timing the applauds and writing down the stats in an excel spreadsheet. With that said it's great to hear good hype going into a movie you are excited for though. Even though I've learned to take early reviews with a grain of salt (they always feel a bit exaggerated either positive or negative) it feels better to hear something is great than something is disappointing.

Exchangd my ticket for a Dolby Atmos screening. 3 PM on May 23rd!
I’m seeing it on Tuesday the 21st with Dolby Atmos too. ;) Did the same for Dune 2 and the sound was incredible on that. A ton of praise for Furiosa in that regard as well so I’m really looking forward to hear it there as well.

At this point, the standing ovation stuff doesn't bother me, but what does is the fancy words people use to review a movie. No matter if it's a movie I adore or a movie I hate, I do not understand why they choose to use such grandiose words when reacting to a movie. I assume it's to get a quote on a poster, but it's getting worse. Sometimes they choose such insane words that i can't tell if it's praise or criticism.

At this point, the standing ovation stuff doesn't bother me, but what does is the fancy words people use to review a movie. No matter if it's a movie I adore or a movie I hate, I do not understand why they choose to use such grandiose words when reacting to a movie. I assume it's to get a quote on a poster, but it's getting worse. Sometimes they choose such insane words that i can't tell if it's praise or criticism.
Isn't this a general issue in life not just related to movies though? I feel like any time there's a new burger at Mcdonalds, its not just a description of what's in it, but a text about how life will never be the same and taking a bite of the new burger will open a world of possibilities etc. :D

I do wonder if being a film critic gets tedious though. I mean you watch new movies every week that you review and there's only so many ways of saying something is bad or good.

It appears the score on Rotten Tomatoes keeps declining. At this rate Furiosa will likely end up somewhere in the 70s which isn't bad. I never expected this to have the kind of high score Fury Road has on there but I assumed it would end up in the 80s. I think the issue with some critics is that they're going into this film expecting it to be Fury Road 2.0 and that was just never going to happen.

Update
Rotten Tomatoes
85%
(79 reviews)
Average Rating: 8.1 out of 10
Fresh: 67
Rotten: 12

Metacritic = 82 (33 reviews)
27 positive / 6 mixed / 0 negative
Metascore: Universal Acclaim

It’s now at 85% with and average rating of 8.1 which is still very good. My theory about it leveling up didn’t hold much water but I now think it’s likely going to level around this figures. Interestingly enough the “Top Critics” are rating this higher at 8.3 and that is also seen on Metacritic with that high 82.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Staff online

• C. Lee
      Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    hannnnman
    Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"