"I don't watch tv"

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
I confess I don't watch a lot of it, but I do channel surf on occasion, but I hate when people use the phrase, "I don't watch tv." It just comes off as very smug and hipper than thou. Granted, there's not a huge amount of great shows on the air, but everyone flips around on occasion out of sheer curiosity. I hear it mostly in interviews from celebrities, most of which are stars of tv shows, so it seems somewhat contradictory that they don't even enjoy their own medium. I was out with a couple people the other night and some dude said that to me after I mentioned I was checking out the Sopranos earlier in the week and he was like, "oh, I don't watch tv." :rolleyes:

I agree. I always feel like they're either saying "I have a life, loser." or "TV is the downfall of western society. Now pass the bean sprouts and organic carrot juice, man."

Ya, if you have one you watch it, just like a penis and *********ing.

My favorite is "Oh, I don't watch much TV. but..." followed by a list of the 30 shows they regularly follow.

Meh, I dont watch much TV.

And I am soooo much better than jooo!!!!!!!11!!!11 :D

Yes, it is quite pompous and I ignore them.

i say i dont watch Tv cause i dont really

TV = sitcoms, reality shows and so forth

i may watch a movie.. perhaps watch an episode of seinfeld when making some food or something. but i dopnt sit there and watch it.

i dont leave it as i dont watch TV without an explanation however... but i reall dont care if its pompous when its the truth. i know stuff abou the simpsons and seinfeld.. thas about it

I don't watch as much TV as I used to, but I still watch it from time to time. And there are still some very good shows on. Just not as many.

This thread has made my day. I thought I was the only one who was really bugged by that. I don't watch a lot of tv either (other than a few choice shows or if there's a good movie on), but when the heck did it become so cool to not watch tv??

I just roll my eyes when people tell me that...
Personaly, I don't watch much television only a few choice shows.

I think it would be better for them to just say, that they don't watch the particular show that thier being ask about, Rather than just saying "I don't watch TV". But I'm with the people who only watch a few select shows. Theres hardly anything good on TV nowadays IMO.

I use the television for videogames. When people are talking about their favorite shows, 95% of the time I have no idea what they are talking about. The only show I see with any consistency is LOST -- and I missed the last two episodes. I never vy for control of the remote when the TV is on.

So I can legitimately say, I don't really watch TV.
I don't get why you guys admit that TV is comatose-boring these days, but you get an attitude when someone tells you they don't watch TV. The only one calling you a dunce for watching -- knowing full well it's sucks -- is you.

...And who knows, maybe you're right. :down

I can honestly say I don't watch much TV. I do follow LOST but otherwise I don't really watch at all.

Honey Vibe said:
I use the television for videogames. When people are talking about their favorite shows, 95% of the time I have no idea what they are talking about. The only show I see with any consistency is LOST -- and I missed the last two episodes. I never vy for control of the remote when the TV is on.

So I can legitimately say, I don't really watch TV.
I don't get why you guys admit that TV is comatose-boring these days, but you get an attitude when someone tells you they don't watch TV. The only one calling you a dunce for watching -- knowing full well it's sucks -- is you.

...And who knows, maybe you're right. :down
People I'm talking about are ones that say it with a condescending tone, like it's somehow the entertainment of the missing link or something.

I watch on average 2 hours of TV a week but thats still TV.And when I talk about 1 show that I thought was hilarious on TV people call you a TV-junkie....its weird

Some people don't own a television. I know a few people that may watch an episode of "insert whatever tv show here" and nothing else.

If I ever turn on the tv it's usually to watch Conan or sometimes on Fox or TBS.

they cut off my cable a few months ago (was getting it free since i moved in) and can honestly say i've watched no tv since. I don't have an antenna for my tv so yeah, i don't get any tv either. however i do watch dvds and dl alot of pro wrestling.

I don't watch much network tv, but I am addicted to the Discovery/History/Biography/Science channel block. Gimme aliens, ghosts, myth busting, and serial killers over reality shows and teen soap operas anyday.

House, Bones and Smallville are the only real exceptions

I watch Smallville, reruns of Whose Line Is It Anyway, and my games. Other than that, I'm no big TV watcher either. But I don't go around proclaiming it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"