i feel so ashamed!

anrrd_2

YA POOZERS!
Reaction score
first let me say that i, as im sure most of you are, am a collector of comicbook-movies... and as proud as i am to be a comic nerd, i couldn't help but feed somewhat ashamed of what i did last night.

i already have most/all of the decent comic movies. so all that are left for me to get are the *****ty ones... yesterday oi went to the local FYE and bought for of the worst movies-not just comic but ALL movies-ever made. the cashier gave me a look that i thought was half disgust, half pitty, and half "WTF is wrong with you?!?".

1. HULK -aka- reason #1 to put a restraining order on ang lee, preventing him from ever getting within 100 yardds of marvel again
2. batman forever -aka- the murder of tim burtons masterpiece part1
3. batman and robin -aka- the murder of tim burtons masterpiece part2
4. catwoman -aka- the winner of 4 awards at the 2005 razzie awards (worst actress, worst director, worst screenpla, worst picture)

:csad: :csad: :csad: I FEEL SO DIRTY!!!!! :csad: :csad: :csad:

HULK was probably the best of the four mentioned. but a masterpiece? ah well, to each his own i suppose.

You should do something to help you...I mean, overconsuming is really not good, watch Fight Club for instance. Good social critique, presented in an ironic way since the movie itself made cash. When you know what you do is wrong, and you still freely buy 3¾ major piles of crap (I have faith in the potential that Batman Forever had), you can do something to reverse it instead of stating that you feel ashamed in a "well, there's nothing better to do" way. You said you assumed yourself as a comic nerd, but please give yourself some respect! ;)

You should do something to help you...I mean, overconsuming is really not good, watch Fight Club for instance. Good social critique, presented in an ironic way since the movie itself made cash. When you know what you do is wrong, and you still freely buy 3¾ major piles of crap (I have faith in the potential that Batman Forever had), you can do something to reverse it instead of stating that you feel ashamed in a "well, there's nothing better to do" way. You said you assumed yourself as a comic nerd, but please give yourself some respect! ;)
mr. enigma...you sir are an inspiration. i dont have fightclub readily available, so i will probably just watch cinderella man (look past the gay title and you find a fricken masterpiece!).

and i agree that BF had loads of potential...just ton down tommylee and take away the neon. plus a few more suddle changes and you have a decent movie.

i inadvertantley posted this on TDK threads (thinking i had clicked here)....those folks need to lighten up. they are not nearly as accepting of offtopic subjects as the guys on imdb

did you know that marlon wyans was cast to play robin? he backed out and still got paid. WTF?

Yeah he had a "play or pay" deal I think. Much like Nic Cage, and Burton had with "Superman Lives".

HULK was great. :up:
Batman Forever was ok. It had it's moments I suppose.

Other two were crap.

haha im watching B&R right now, just for sh^ts and giggles..... ya know i havent seencit since i was like twelve. beyond a general rememberance of how it sucked, and a basic idea of the story.... i dont remember much

Great to see how many people liked Hulk. I for sure, did. :up:

Hulk was a masterpiece. Fact.

Hey, fella, I love Hulk but you should remember the diff between opinion and fact.

Also there's far worse films than Hulk. I give you:
1. The Punisher (both of em)
2. Captain America (FAKE EARS)
3. Spider-Man and the Dragon's Challenge.
4. the Doctor Strange T.V. Movie:huh:

hulk is not "unwatchable" as was said of the 2 batman films. but it certainly was not on par with most of the others. and when you through iot in with the garbage fest that was the other three movies, it looks even worse.

i personally liked punisher, it had its flaws yes, but i thought it was really good.

Punisher was just more entertaining and more balanced. Hulk was more drama, and a bit long for nothing. But I REALLY liked the cinematography, it felt truely like a comic book, that was an interesting aspect of the movie!

i thought that was pretty cool too. the way it seemed like you were looking at the pages of a comicbook, watcing the same event unflod from different perspectives in the seperate panels. very cool!

i almost wish they hadn't done that, so the new hulk movie could have. though with the very dark tone the nbew one seems o be going for, i doubt they would do it anyway

Whatever goes with the project, they have Ed Norton, that IS the pure essence of the movie! Glad he got cast and will sure be looking for his performance! Though Eric Bana deserves credits, he did a good job

ya i dont like people bashing eric bana because of this flick. the character of bruce was done well, it was when he was the hulk that the movie took a turn for the worse (that plus other things). and the big green guy had nothing at all to do with banas acting

I also liked HULK yeah it could've been better but the character is like one of the few Marvel characters that I always followed being that I'm a DC guy and I appreciated how they captured the psychological aspects of the mythos in that flick. I'm looking forward to the new one as well but I think it along with the first 2 Spidey's and X2 are still the best Marvel based movies to date.

I absolutely hate the Hulk - saw it once and i never want to see it again... trust me, i had more fun watching Batman and Robin!!!!!!!!

Admittedly, the rest are crap but Batman Forever is a good movie...

Plus, if you think back it was exactly the kind of bat-movie everybody wanted in 1995 - the cast and crew delivered in spades. Time simply has not been good to it :csad:

Yeah I'll always have mad love for BF even though I have my gripes with it. Nobody could front like they weren't feeling it back in 1995, that was like the it movie back in that summer. You couldn't go anywhere without seeing it's merchandise or hearing songs from it's soundtrack.

I bought Batman Forever and Batman And Robin on Amazon when they did the 2-Disc. That way only a few people far, far away knew I was getting them...

lol At the shame we feel for buying those movies...

Hey, fella, I love Hulk but you should remember the diff between opinion and fact.

Also there's far worse films than Hulk. I give you:
1. The Punisher (both of em)
2. Captain America (FAKE EARS)
3. Spider-Man and the Dragon's Challenge.
4. the Doctor Strange T.V. Movie:huh:

No, no, it's a fact. You people are all too unsophisticated.

And the 1977 Spider-Man series (What you cited was a two-hour episode of a larger TV series), 1989 Punisher and 1990 Captain America all kick ass, too.

If anyone loves those characters, they should hold admiration for those movies. They're not the most accurate at times, but they have the heart of the characters.

Hulk is damn good. It eventually grew on me :hulk: :up:

I have no shame in owning Hulk on DVD. It's a great movie.

You could have just paid someone to punch you square in the nuts. Same effect.

No, no, it's a fact. You people are all too unsophisticated.

And the 1977 Spider-Man series (What you cited was a two-hour episode of a larger TV series), 1989 Punisher and 1990 Captain America all kick ass, too.

If anyone loves those characters, they should hold admiration for those movies. They're not the most accurate at times, but they have the heart of the characters.

Yer Fool!

Punisher and Captain America are steaming piles of turds. I was there when they were released and even then I thought they were turds. The reason I didn't like em was because I loved the characters.

Spider-Man and the Dragon's Challenged was released in the UK as a theatrical release by the way.:yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"