Nominations for the 30th Annual Razzie Awards

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=62827

http://www.razzies.com/history/30thNoms.asp

The nominations for the 30th Annual Razzie Awards--the best of the worst!--have been announced:

Following a Banner Year for Bad Movies, voting members of The Golden Raspberry Award Foundation have sifted through the cinematic rubble and selected what they consider to be last year’s Berry Worst “Achievements” in Film. In addition to 2009’s top under-achievers, The Gala 30th Annual RAZZIE® Awards will dis-honor The Worst of the “Uh-Ohs,” with special awards for the Worst Picture, Actor and Actress of the Decade in ceremonies scheduled for Hollywood's Barnsdall Gallery Theatre at 7:30pm/PST on Saturday, March 6 — the now traditional Night Before the Oscars®.

Leading the pack among this year’s RAZZIE® contenders are one of the year’s biggest money-makers and the year’s biggest money-loser, each with seven nods. RAZZIE® Repeat Offender Michael Bay helped lead the over-loud, over-long, uber-stupid TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN to a huge box office take...and to a huge haul of RAZZIE® nominations as well. In addition to Worst Director and Worst Picture, the film is up for Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel, Worst Screenplay, Worst Supporting Actress (Julie White as the stoned, screaming mother of Shia Le Bouf), Worst Screen Couple (Le Bouf and EITHER Megan Fox OR Any Transformer) and Worst Actress (Fox again, dually nominated for this film and JENNIFER’S BODY). Keeping up with TRANNIES, TOO in the RAZZIE® race (but decidedly not at the box office) is Last Summer’s Biggest B.O. bomb, LAND OF THE LOST, also with 7 shots at taking home spray-painted gold. LOST star Will Ferrell is listed in both Worst Actor and Worst Screen Couple (Ferrell & Any Co-Star, Creature or “Comic Riff”) and the film itself is also nominated for Worst Picture, Worst Director, Worst Screenplay, Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel and Worst Supporting Actor (the screaching Jorma Taccone as the monkeylike Cha-Ka). Rounding out the Worst Picture list are the Disney dud OLD DOGS, the awful “action-figures-come-to-life” 9-Year-Old-Boy-Movie G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA and the So-Good-It-Was-Held-Back-from-Release-for-2-Years “comedy” ALL ABOUT STEVE (whose star, Worst Actress nominee Sandra Bullock, could pull off the unprecedented feat of “winning” a RAZZIE® one day before winning an Oscar®).

Other well-known names shamed as being last year’s worst include 2010 Oscar® co-host Steve Martin (Worst Actor for PINK PANTHER 2), Beyonce (Worst Actress for OBSESSED), Worst Actor of the Decade contenders Eddie Murphy (up for Worst Actor of 2009 in IMAGINE THAT) and John Travolta (Worst Actor of 2009 for OLD DOGS) as well as the twitty Dizz-Knee ’tween idols Miley Cyrus (Worst Actress for HANNAH MONTANA: THE MOVIE) and any two or more of the Jonas Brothers, nominated jointly for Worst Actor and Worst Screen Couple — for their documentary JONAS BROS. A 3-D CONCERT EXPERIENCE. A complete list of nominees is included with this press release.

Nominees were determined by mailing ballots to 647 Foundation members in 46 U.S. states and 19 foreign countries. The RAZZIES® were created in 1980 as a logical antidote to Tinsel Town’s annual glut of self-congratulatory awards by John Wilson, author of THE OFFICIAL RAZZIE® MOVIE GUIDE and EVERYTHING I KNOW I LEARNED AT THE MOVIES. The Barnsdall Gallery Theatre is a facility of the City of Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs.

I'm surprised Gamer didn't get a nomination.

Dragonball evolution didnt gte nominated for worst film?

BOYCOTT! :hehe:

There were worse performances then Women who plays Sams mother in TF2. I like her best out of the movies. I like the nerdy parents even if the film was Razzie worthy.

There were worse performances then Women who plays Sams mother in TF2. I like her best out of the movies. I like the nerdy parents even if the film was Razzie worthy.

You might have liked her, but I think you're in the minority. The only characters in that movie I found more annoying than her were the roommate guy and the "Twins."

But that was just because those characters had more screentime, so I had to endure them longer.

You know what, just like the other awards show, I can't take the Razzies seriously at all anymore.

Aside from Transformers 2, they picked a few underserving films to give razzies too when there were so many worse films released last year.

Land of the Lost, while forgettable and only having a few scenes that made me chuckle was still not worthy of a Razzi, it was a semi-fun family film. GI Joe, they call it a 9 year old boy movie...look at the subject matter. The cartoon was aimed at kids. Yeah, it had some pretty bad lines but those bad lines were the kind meant for young kids that would get them to laugh a bit.

When Chun-Li and Dragonball are nowhere on that list, that's when I call horse ****.

Rob Pattinson got a nomination..........uh oh.

A bunch of screaming girls are going to throw a hissy fit.

I don't really care for the Razzies at all. To think that the Shining was nominated way back when...:doh:

You know what, just like the other awards show, I can't take the Razzies seriously at all anymore.

Aside from Transformers 2, they picked a few underserving films to give razzies too when there were so many worse films released last year.

Land of the Lost, while forgettable and only having a few scenes that made me chuckle was still not worthy of a Razzi, it was a semi-fun family film. GI Joe, they call it a 9 year old boy movie...look at the subject matter. The cartoon was aimed at kids. Yeah, it had some pretty bad lines but those bad lines were the kind meant for young kids that would get them to laugh a bit.

When Chun-Li and Dragonball are nowhere on that list, that's when I call horse ****.

Yeah, the problem with the Razzies is that they only center on the bad movies that people remember. If they were being accurate, the list would include Street Fighter, Dragonball and Transylmania.

Though I whole-heartedly agree that Transformers and G.I. Joe DO deserve to make the list. Those movies were really awful.

I agree the nominations are flawed but Transformers 2 getting nominated gets a thumbs up for me. :up:

http://goldderby.latimes.com/awards...ominations-7594106284-news-story-article.html

An additional link to the Razzie award nominations.

I just wanted to highlight this comment:

John Wilson, Razzie president and founder, tells Gold Derby that "Transformers 2" creator Michael Bay is overdue for Razzie glory after a past worst-picture loss for "Armageddon" (1998) and two defeats for worst director: "Armageddon" and "Pearl Harbor" (2001). "Bay is totally talent-free and untouched by the muse," Wilson says with a sigh.

I also like how they describe the Transformers and GI Joe movies in their nominations for worst screenplay.

WORST SCREENPLAY OF 2009
"All About Steve," screenplay by Kim Barker
"G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra," screenplay by Stuart Beattie and David Elliot & Paul Lovett, based on Hasbro's G.I. Joe Characters.
"Land of the Lost," written by Chris Henchy & Dennis McNicholas, based on Sid & Marty Krofft's TV series
"Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen," written By Ehren Kruger & Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman, based on Hasbro’s Transformers Action Figures
"Twilight Saga: New Moon," screenplay by Melissa Rosenberg, based on the novel by Stephenie Meyer

I wonder if Transformers and GI Joe got Oscar nominations for best screen play would they introduce the screen play the same way.

Transformers 2 rocks. All you losers can go and get ****ed. :oldrazz: :woot:

I don't really care for the Razzies at all. To think that the Shining was nominated way back when...:doh:

The problem with the Razzies now is that they're more about awarding tabloid fodder and things that annoy them rather than movies and performances that are truly bad.

Yeah, the problem with the Razzies is that they only center on the bad movies that people remember. If they were being accurate, the list would include Street Fighter, Dragonball and Transylmania.

Though I whole-heartedly agree that Transformers and G.I. Joe DO deserve to make the list. Those movies were really awful.

While G.I. Joe was not a good movie it served it's purpose as a somewhat family action summer film. It was leaps better than TF2.

To be honest, G.I. Joe made me feel like a kid again, more so than either of the Transformers films. It just felt like it was actually based on the cartoon, like they weren't ashamed of anything because they knew a lot of kids will see it...just like the cartoon's fanbase was mainly kids.

I'll say again it wasn't a good or great film but being born in '81 and seeing a lot of classics as a child that were aimed at kids and families, I truly believe some people have the nostalgia goggles on for some of those older family films. Go back and watch some of the films that you might have watched if you are around my age and you'll see that some of them didn't age well and are on the level of G.I. Joe. The thing is, if I were in grade school again(when I watched the cartoon) I would have really enjoyed maybe even loved the film. The movie felt like some of the kid/family action films of the past. That cheesy dialogue or "one liners", is meant for the really young audience that would find it humorous.

The film was a one time watch for me(well I saw it a 2nd time when my gf watched it on DVD)but I didn't think it was as bad as some people are saying. Not to mention I think some of the hate had to do with another franchise film released the same year sucking big time, I think a number of people carried their hate over after watching TF2.

Basically, I don't believe it was Razz worthy at all. Like I said, go watch some of those family classics from the 80's that a lot of people loved and praised when growing up, not all of them aged well.

^I liked G.I. Joe well enough, too. It felt like it was just trying to be an entertaining kiddy B movie and succeeded. Nothing wrong with that.

I hope Tatum was nominated for Worst Actor in a Lead Role though because he was truly terrible.

Finally, an award that Transformers 2 truly deserves.

I agree about TF2 but thought G.I. Joe was kind of fun. Maybe it's because I expecting better for TF2 and wasn't expecting anything from G.I. Joe.

Transformers 2 deserves it but alot of the other stuff doesn't deserve to be there IMO. Twilight. YES! Miley Cyrus, definitely. But the rest........I dunno.

my picks

WORST PICTURE OF 2009
"G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra"

WORST ACTOR OF 2009
John Travolta, "Old Dogs"

WORST ACTRESS Of 2009
Beyonce, "Obsessed"

WORST SCREEN COUPLE OF 2009
Kristin Stewart and either Robert Pattinson or Taylor Whatz-His-Fang, "Twilight Saga: New Moon"

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS OF 2009
Sienna Miller, "G.I. Joe"

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR OF 2009
Billy Ray Cyrus, "Hannah Montana: The Movie"

WORST REMAKE, RIP-OFF OR SEQUEL (COMBINED CATEGORY FOR 2009)
"Pink Panther 2" (A Rip-Off of a Sequel to a Remake)

WORST DIRECTOR OF 2009
Stephen Sommers, "G.I. Joe"

WORST SCREENPLAY OF 2009
"G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra," screenplay by Stuart Beattie and David Elliot & Paul Lovett, based on Hasbro's G.I. Joe Characters.

WORST PICTURE OF THE DECADE (3 SPECIAL 30TH RAZZIE-VERSARY AWARDZ)
"Freddy Got Fingered" (2001) -- Nominated for nine Razzies, "winner" of five

WORST ACTOR OF THE DECADE
Eddie Murphy -- (Nominated for 12 "achievements," "winner" of three Razzies) "Adventures of Pluto Nash," "I Spy," "Imagine That," "Meet Dave," "Norbit," "Showtime"

WORST ACTRESS OF THE DECADE
Mariah Carey – (The Single Biggest Individual Vote Getter of the Decade: 70+% Of ALL Votes For Worst Actress Of 2001), "Glitter"

They could've shown some class and layed off Travolta this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"