• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

I Saw Roger Waters Last Night.

No, there was no opening act, and I'm not sure of the ticket prices. My dad's friend purchased them for us.

Here's the set list:

In The Flesh
Mother
Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun
Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Have A Cigar
Wish You Were Here
Southampton Dock
Fletcher Memorial Home
Perfect Sense Parts 1 & 2
Leaving Beirut
Sheep

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON:

Speak To Me
Breathe
On The Run
Time
The Great Gig In The Sky
Money
Us And Them
Any Colour You Like
Brain Damage
Eclipse

ENCORE:

The Happiest Days of Our Lives
Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2
Vera
Bring The Boys Back Home
Comfortably Numb

Sounds like an amazing show. I would die to see Waters in concert. He's only second behind the Who and McCartney on my list of "must see concerts before I die".

Sounds like an amazing show. I would die to see Waters in concert. He's only second behind the Who and McCartney on my list of "must see concerts before I die".

I saw The Who twice last September. Stevie Nicks is coming in two weeks.

But Paul is the one I'm dying to see. I hope and pray that day will come sooner or later.

I saw The Who twice last September. Stevie Nicks is coming in two weeks.

But Paul is the one I'm dying to see. I hope and pray that day will come sooner or later.

How was Zak on drums? Depending on who I talk to, they either love him or hate him. Personally, I think he's a better drummer than his dad was and a solid replacement for Keith Moon.

Paul came to El Paso in 2001, but that was a couple months before we moved here and I was still living in San Diego at the time. When I found out, I was absolutely devastated. The biggest thing we've got coming here is The Police, which I've already got tickets to and I caught Dylan and the Stones last year.

How was Zak on drums? Depending on who I talk to, they either love him or hate him. Personally, I think he's a better drummer than his dad was and a solid replacement for Keith Moon.

Paul came to El Paso in 2001, but that was a couple months before we moved here and I was still living in San Diego at the time. When I found out, I was absolutely devastated. The biggest thing we've got coming here is The Police, which I've already got tickets to and I caught Dylan and the Stones last year.

Zak is fantastic. He's easily better than Ringo and plays just as well as Moon (in technical skills, he's superior to Moon, but for sheer energy and showmanship, he' s got a long way to go). Pino Paladino did aa great job filling in for The Ox.

Paul was at Madison Square Garden in 2005, but we found out too late. He's doing bits and pieces for Memory Almost Full (his new album, which is being calle done of his Top 5 Best), but no real tour until his divorce from Heather is finalized.

Zak is fantastic. He's easily better than Ringo and plays just as well as Moon (in technical skills, he's superior to Moon, but for sheer energy and showmanship, he' s got a long way to go). Pino Paladino did aa great job filling in for The Ox.

Paul was at Madison Square Garden in 2005, but we found out too late. He's doing bits and pieces for Memory Almost Full (his new album, which is being calle done of his Top 5 Best), but no real tour until his divorce from Heather is finalized.

I'm not surprised. In technicality, Starkey outshines Keith. Heck, his dad was a better technical drummer than Moon. But Keith wasn't about technical drumming it was more about speed and energy, which I haven't seen matched by anyone.

And I am stoked for Paul's latest album. When it comes to Beatles solo careers, Paul had impressed me the least. But Chaos was so damn good, that I'm sure Memory Almost Full will exceed expectations.

I'm not surprised. In technicality, Starkey outshines Keith. Heck, his dad was a better technical drummer than Moon. But Keith wasn't about technical drumming it was more about speed and energy, which I haven't seen matched by anyone.

And I am stoked for Paul's latest album. When it comes to Beatles solo careers, Paul had impressed me the least. But Chaos was so damn good, that I'm sure Memory Almost Full will exceed expectations.

With the exception of Band On The Run, Paul's solo career rarely yielded a consistantly great album. I do think Wings are rediculously underrated, though. "Let 'Em In", "Daytime Nighttime Suffering", "Listen To What The Man Said", "Nineteen Hudnred And Eighty Five" and "Tomorrow" are some of the best things Paul's ever written.

I hope he opens with the "Venus & Mars / Rockshow" medley next time he tours, because it's the perfect intro.

With the exception of Band On The Run, Paul's solo career rarely yielded a consistantly great album. I do think Wings are rediculously underrated, though. "Let 'Em In", "Daytime Nighttime Suffering", "Listen To What The Man Said", "Nineteen Hudnred And Eighty Five" and "Tomorrow" are some of the best things Paul's ever written.

I hope he opens with the "Venus & Mars / Rockshow" medley next time he tours, because it's the perfect intro.

When it comes to solo careers, George's was the best in my opinion. Lennon, McCartney, and Starr never came close to touching the genius that was "All things must pass".

And I agree with you wholeheartedly on the Wings statement, but when you go from being in the Beatles to a stadium band such as Wings it's easy to get overshadowed.

I completely envy you, sir. I would like to destroy you and take your memories as my own. :o

:p

When it comes to solo careers, George's was the best in my opinion. Lennon, McCartney, and Starr never came close to touching the genius that was "All things must pass".

And I agree with you wholeheartedly on the Wings statement, but when you go from being in the Beatles to a stadium band such as Wings it's easy to get overshadowed.

All Things Must Pass is one of my favorite albums ever. It really is brilliant. "What Is Life" is one the ultimate blast-out-of-you-car-stereo rockers. I actually have a friend who doesn't like "My Sweet Lord" because he thought George was trying to subliminally convert people to Hinduism.

Wings as well as Paul's overall solo output are definitely easy to get overshadowed, I agree. I think he's beginning to acknowledge them, though. "Too Many People" was one of the highlights of the last tour from what I'm told.

All Things Must Pass is one of my favorite albums ever. It really is brilliant. "What Is Life" is one the ultimate blast-out-of-you-car-stereo rockers. I actually have a friend who doesn't like "My Sweet Lord" because he thought George was trying to subliminally convert people to Hinduism.

Wings as well as Paul's overall solo output are definitely easy to get overshadowed, I agree. I think he's beginning to acknowledge them, though. "Too Many People" was one of the highlights of the last tour from what I'm told.

Besides the ones mentioned, I absolutely love "Wah Wah", "Isn't it a Pity", and "Beware Of Darkness". The version of Beware of Darkness on Concert for Bangladesh is breathtaking.

Paul has always stood by Wings though, it doesn't really surprise me one bit. In fact I think it was this month's Mojo? magazine in which Paul discusses nothing but Wings.

Besides the ones mentioned, I absolutely love "Wah Wah", "Isn't it a Pity", and "Beware Of Darkness". The version of Beware of Darkness on Concert for Bangladesh is breathtaking.

Paul has always stood by Wings though, it doesn't really surprise me one bit. In fact I think it was this month's Mojo? magazine in which Paul discusses nothing but Wings.

At least he acknowledges their time in his career.

Out of sheer curiosity, do you have any of Paul's live albums? They're all fantastic. I'm not sure which one's my favorite.

No. I haven't man.

Get 'em. They're really among his best work. Tripping The Live Fantastic is probably the best of the bunch, as it has a great amount of numbers he rarely ever does, while Back In The U.S. (as well as the slightly different imported Back In The World) was his tribute to America after 9 / 11, so there's a lot of emotional value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"