Sequels Ian Mckellen in Magneto

Electrix

Avenger
Reaction score
They cant do a Magneto film without Ian. He is Magneto to millions of people. There are rumours he will be in the film during flashbacks and scenes like that. There are also rumours of using the same technology as the young Jean Grey scene in X-Men 3.

How much do you want Ian in Magneto?

Ian is the only Magneto I know! Without him it wouldn't be a Magneto movie!

^I know! But the other characters in the movie who aren't that known..they can be replaced. But Ian fits Magneto so well and does a great job of portraying him.

Ian McKellen is necessary in a Magneto movie.

Will this be a prequel? Because he couldn't even lift that chess piece.

Kritish said:
Will this be a prequel? Because he couldn't even lift that chess piece.

IMDB says
A young Magneto seeks revenge on the Nazis who killed his family while befriending a young Charles Xavier

What interview was hat from?^^

Ian is nessesary! and i though lauren shuller donner said this film would go through all magneto's life?

This is going to be like Catwoman, It's going to attempt to make money but becomes the suckiest movie of it's year.

Kritish said:
This is going to be like Catwoman, It's going to attempt to make money but becomes the suckiest movie of it's year.

You basing it off...what exactly?

I'd understand if it was another solo female action flick but this is something different.

That would be SO expensive to mke him younger through the whole thing.

I don't see this making money at all for some reason i just don't see general movie goers seeing this movie let alone me. Ya i don't know about this:(

dred one said:
I don't see this making money at all for some reason i just don't see general movie goers seeing this movie let alone me. Ya i don't know about this:(

Its early days yet.

A young Magneto seeks revenge on the Nazis who killed his family while befriending a young Charles Xavier

So Ian gonna have another take of WW2? He will probably tell the story (I wonder if it will only be a OV)

I was thinking maybe it could start as X-Men 3 ended...with Eric playing chess with hardly any power and then he starts thinking about his life and how he ended up like he is today. How he met Xavier and how mutants were treated in concentration camps.

Perhaps we have some biographer/reporter tracking down a now-powerless Magneto in the present - Ian McKelllan - and Magneto tells him his life story, about how he became Magneto.

Cut to the main story of the film, which would be - as described - a young Magneto (played by a different actor) getting revenge on the Nazis and meeting Xavier. This main narrative would be overseen by an Ian McKellan narration, possibly intercut with some scenes set in the present between Magneto and the reporter.

Then, at the end of the film, the big twist could be that Magneto's powers have returned. He let the reporter find him, because his story needed to be told. But now the reporter has outlived his usefulness. Magneto kills him, and flies off to resume his grand cause. The end.

Thye should have him de-aged with cgi throughout.

Evenm in the concentration camp scenes..hehehe can you imagine the repulsive little boy created by cg deaging ian mckellen to the age of ten.

Nazi guard waves people through.

Nazi Soldier: Schell schnell. Move damn you!

10 year old cgi botox magneto steps up infront of soldier.

Nazi Soldier: Mein Gott! God thats hideous. Jeez thats just not humanly possible. Gah! Its like a shrivelled 2 foot pensioner with bright hair. (Vomits) Oh god! oh god! Oh god! Its like a pickled oompaloompa that`s gone mouldy. (Vomits again) Its the most hideous thing i`ve ever seen and i`m the guy who has to bathe herman goering when he has fouled his trousers. (Vomits more. Words are lost between periods of vomiting)

young cgi botox magneto leaves.

LOL

Ian has to be included. There is no Magneto without Ian. :)

Electrix said:
I was thinking maybe it could start as X-Men 3 ended...with Eric playing chess with hardly any power and then he starts thinking about his life and how he ended up like he is today. How he met Xavier and how mutants were treated in concentration camps.

I really like that idea. I like your thinking. :up:

Keyser Soze said:
Perhaps we have some biographer/reporter tracking down a now-powerless Magneto in the present - Ian McKelllan - and Magneto tells him his life story, about how he became Magneto.

Cut to the main story of the film, which would be - as described - a young Magneto (played by a different actor) getting revenge on the Nazis and meeting Xavier. This main narrative would be overseen by an Ian McKellan narration, possibly intercut with some scenes set in the present between Magneto and the reporter.

Then, at the end of the film, the big twist could be that Magneto's powers have returned. He let the reporter find him, because his story needed to be told. But now the reporter has outlived his usefulness. Magneto kills him, and flies off to resume his grand cause. The end.
This is a cool idea. I could see this working.
Electrix said:
I could see this working too.

Keyser Soze said:

That's way to similar to Interview with a Vampire.

Ian as VO (voice over).

Younger actor for the main body of the film. De-aged Ian for later flashbacks.

Darker than Xmovies (remember the opening X1 scene! ...yikes)

Cheaper to produce because there would be less special effects than X movies.

Keyser Soze said:

I can see this idea working, but I don't really like the reporter idea. Maybe it can be Magneto talking with Xavier, in his new body. I'd like to see Magneto sitting in that same park, everyday, working on getting back his powers and he is found by Xavier who sits with him and has a long talk with him. Two old friends playing chess again... that's when the story can begin to flashback.

I would want the main story to be set in the current day but with flashbacks relevant to the main story.

As for who plays Magneto. Obviously Ian would be there as the current Magneto. I think that with the technology used in X3 they could use it to present a younger Magneto of similar age in the X3 flashback. In this film I hope they would have Ian cover his time working with Charles and some of the X-men, just before that and after. Other than that there going to need to cast a younger Magneto for his childhood, teens and asa young adult.

I would love to see him in the Brotherhood. Actually I think that would have to be in the film as it's such a large part of the character.

As for the main story. I would like to see either him regaining his powers completely and trying to reform the Brotherhood or him regaining his powers and becoming more the more tolerant Magneto we've seen in the comics (just before House of M).

I would also like to see Charles in the movie too.

I'm not going to bother if it doesn't have Sir Ian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"