ICash, A Points-By-Posting System (Not Actual Money)

Reaction score
I guess the Community Forum is the most appropriate place for this, but I apologize of it's not.

I've been wondering about presenting this idea to the Hype for a while now... An old forum I used to visit frequently used a point system that generated points for each user based on different aspects like how many times they post, how lengthy the post is, how many threads they start, etc., and it allowed exchange of these points between users which were usually given in request for different things like avatars, signature images (which wouldn't be the case here), and other stuff.

The points could also be spent at the site's "store", which allowed for custom user colors, fonts, and changing the username or custom title, etc., expansion of the signature or avatar size, and other bonuses. This type of system, I think, could work especially well as a reward system for the competitions in the Fan Art, Fan-Fic, or other competition sections. It worked quite well, and it added a bit more fun to the other forum I used to visit, so I was hoping maybe the mods and admins could check it out here.

This link provides the closest example of the system the old website used that I could find:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=119086

I'm not really proficient in running websites, but from what I gather it required little effort to manage (I imagine a "store" like I mentioned would take a little more effort to add in/maintain) as it doesn't require every point to be approved of or handed out by a mod.

Just curious to see what the mods and other users would think of introducing a system like this to the Hype.

I guess the Community Forum is the most appropriate place for this, but I apologize of it's not.

I've been wondering about presenting this idea to the Hype for a while now... An old forum I used to visit frequently used a point system that generated points for each user based on different aspects like how many times they post, how lengthy the post is, how many threads they start, etc., and it allowed exchange of these points between users which were usually given in request for different things like avatars, signature images (which wouldn't be the case here), and other stuff.

The points could also be spent at the site's "store", which allowed for custom user colors, fonts, and changing the username or custom title, etc., expansion of the signature or avatar size, and other bonuses. This type of system, I think, could work especially well as a reward system for the competitions in the Fan Art, Fan-Fic, or other competition sections. It worked quite well, and it added a bit more fun to the other forum I used to visit, so I was hoping maybe the mods and admins could check it out here.

This link provides the closest example of the system the old website used that I could find:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=119086

I'm not really proficient in running websites, but from what I gather it required little effort to manage (I imagine a "store" like I mentioned would take a little more effort to add in/maintain) as it doesn't require every point to be approved of or handed out by a mod.

Just curious to see what the mods and other users would think of introducing a system like this to the Hype.

This doesn't sound like a good idea to me..

Could promote a massive spam attack >_<

I know, but the point system is customizable, so I imagine it could be worked around. Surprisingly, spam never became a problem at the old forums. I believe the primary way to get points from posts was based on how many characters or words your post had.

I know, but the point system is customizable, so I imagine it could be worked around. Surprisingly, spam never became a problem at the old forums. I believe the primary way to get points from posts was based on how many characters or words your post had.

Could it be customized to detect intelligent posts? or is it just based on things like

"the and blah blah blah blah waiting for outside man in black going to kill me: Oh MY GOD!" = 19 words. It could create a lot more stupid threads to be closed/deleted.

Could it be customized to detect intelligent posts? or is it just based on things like

"the and blah blah blah blah waiting for outside man in black going to kill me: Oh MY GOD!" = 19 words. It could create a lot more stupid threads to be closed/deleted.

As far as I remember, you had to hit a certain word count before you began earning points. Also, maybe this kind of system would push spamming into a much more punishable offense.

As far as I remember, you had to hit a certain word count before you began earning points. Also, maybe this kind of system would push spamming into a much more punishable offense.

Maybe.. but it could also create more hassle at the same time. (I'm not trying to rain on your parade.. I just don't know :/ )

No, I agree 100% dude. I know that the anti-spam measures would have to be ramped up, but I also don't think they'll get too much worse, given how it worked last time. I guess the only way to find out is actually trying, but it doesn't seem like anyone here cares to see that happen.

I don't think it's that they don't care...

I think Drakon does all of the coding and like he's said before he doesn't get paid to do it and has to do it on his free time. I would think something like that entails ALOT of coding and would be more trouble than it's worth.

The store most definitely would be. From what the website said, the program itself is as simple as an installation.

What would be the need for something like that?
It just seems like unnecessary thing.

I would have to agree....

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member