Justice League Iconic Lines and/or Scenes you'd like to see in a Justice League movie

AvengingLeague

Civilian
Reaction score
You could either just simply quote them on here and/or possibly post comic book pages on here...

But what is an iconic line and/or famous scene from a Justice League comic that you'd love to see in a future JLA movie?

It'll never happen, but I would die if I saw this on the big screen.
ovfq.jpg

Superman would be wearing his classic suit, obviously.

Last edited:
That will always be my problem with Morrison's handling of mainstream Marvel/DC characters. I can't stand his weird/goofy/ohmygodishehigh stories or storytelling methods.... But then he'll go and have an awesome moment like that! He always has something in his tales that makes me go "hell yeah, he knows why these characters are icons". But... I have to slog through a mess of stuff that's either too smart for it's own good or is just weird for the sake of weirdness to get to those moments. But I digress....

1. If a JL film had an adaptation of "a world made of cardboard" speech from JLU I would probably ruin the pants I had on at that moment.

2. John Stewarts "What's the Batman when you're not afraid of him? Just a man!" from GL:Rebirth is another line/moment.

3. Batman's sinister "all I need is a book of matches" to J'onn from NEW FRONTIER is another good one.

Batman slipping off Green Lantern's ring just because he can.

Batman getting angry, punching Supes, and then saying (ala Death in the Family) "I think I broke a couple of knuckles".

Wonder Woman giving a mini-speech to some women about not relying on men to save them.

Some kind of scene that shows the genuine friendship that Flash and Green Lantern (and this works with many GLs and either Wally or Barry) have. It's the opposite of the kind of wary respect that Supes and Bats have for one another, so it could work well.

Also, the line, "Green Lantern's got this" just prior to screwing up.

I want to see Darkseid getting punched back through a boom-tube.

That will always be my problem with Morrison's handling of mainstream Marvel/DC characters. I can't stand his weird/goofy/ohmygodishehigh stories or storytelling methods.... But then he'll go and have an awesome moment like that! He always has something in his tales that makes me go "hell yeah, he knows why these characters are icons". But... I have to slog through a mess of stuff that's either too smart for it's own good or is just weird for the sake of weirdness to get to those moments. But I digress....

A story can never be too smart for its own good. It's that kind of thinking that leads to people saying "Inception is so complicated, it doesn't even make sense"! It's ludicrous because everything is spelled out at the base level. Grant Morrison is one of the modern greats because he doesn't water down any concepts or ideas, but elevates them, one of my favourite examples being Batman's confrontation with Darkseid and Bruce's analysis of it.

1. If a JL film had an adaptation of "a world made of cardboard" speech from JLU I would probably ruin the pants I had on at that moment.

2. John Stewarts "What's the Batman when you're not afraid of him? Just a man!" from GL:Rebirth is another line/moment.

3. Batman's sinister "all I need is a book of matches" to J'onn from NEW FRONTIER is another good one.

That was just amazing, wasn't it? It captured Batman's personality perfectly.

That was just amazing, wasn't it? It captured Batman's personality perfectly.

Yup. That's for sure.

Since there is no Guy Gardner (and I don't want to see Bat's hitting Hal) I guess we'll never get to see "ONE PUNCH!" any time soon. :csad:

The scene where Batman offers Hal an antidote to the fear toxin but he tells him he doesn't need it in JL:DOOM is also pretty sweet. It shows that the League is made up of extraordinary people. Not just one or two. The entire League is populated by people not to be reckoned with.

I hope the team-up scene is mindblowing visually speaking.

I don't really want them to concentrate too much on recreating iconic scenes or lines. I feel like too much of what Snyder does can be found in a comic.
Also, I think that Batman stealing Hal's ring was stupid. It made Hal look pretty stupid. Too stupid.
But I would like to see Aquaman's "I AM YOUR KING!" moment. I'd also like one of those Superman moments where everyone stops what they are doing in awe. Like when his punches on earth caused the watchtower to shake. Which would also be cool to see one day.

If Batman doesn't get to say something along the lines of "The last time you inspired anyone was when you died" to Superman, HUGE missed opportunity.

If Batman doesn't get to say something along the lines of "The last time you inspired anyone was when you died" to Superman, HUGE missed opportunity.

No. That's the last thing Superman's character needs. Ever. Ugh, I can just see.the reaction from everyone already complaining about how dark Superman is.

No. That's the last thing Superman's character needs. Ever. Ugh, I can just see.the reaction from everyone already complaining about how dark Superman is.

For real, i dont wanna see that emo relationship between bruce and clark. Make them friends, issue has been resolved in BvS, move on.

- Batjerk
- Flash while socially indimitated by the likes of Wonder Woman and Aquaman, finds courage and self confidence to unleash his potential.
- JL vs. the Manhunters
- White Martian Invasion
- Batgod vs. White Martians
- Flash & GL team up
- Rock of Ages adaptation, perhaps make Knightmare universe part of this.
- Obsidian Age adaptation, a man can dream right?

I forgot which issue or volume, but I want to see a scene, possibly at the end of the film, of Trinity around the table, being giddy and excited about starting the league, and discussing who to recruit through various photos of potential candidates.

I desperately want the Cardboard speech when Supes inevitably comes up against Darkseid. I actually think it would fit this version of the character really well.

I desperately want the Cardboard speech when Supes inevitably comes up against Darkseid. I actually think it would fit this version of the character really well.

You're right, that would really fit this Superman. That was also probably his greatest moment in the JL run. I'd love to see that or some variation of it.

''What like some bunch of Superfriends''
''More like a Justice League''
I want this, badly.

this. I have wanted to see a live action version of this forever.

It'll never happen, but I would die if I saw this on the big screen.
ovfq.jpg

Superman would be wearing his classic suit, obviously.

I just want to point out that I love your avatar.

Teen Titans Go! is severely underrated.

The "world of carboard" speech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"