Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really care if Jimmy's dead in the movie verse. To be honest, aside from the superdickery stuff, I can't say I really care about Jimmy Olsen and I'm sure so does the general audience.

I am interested in how they will resolve the dead Clark issue though. Personally the idea of Clark being Superman full-time is interesting to me. He could still live out his downtime on the farm and nobody would even notice IMO.

I don't really care if Jimmy's dead in the movie verse. To be honest, aside from the superdickery stuff, I can't say I really care about Jimmy Olsen and I'm sure so does the general audience.

I am interested in how they will resolve the dead Clark issue though. Personally the idea of Clark being Superman full-time is interesting to me. He could still live out his downtime on the farm and nobody would even notice IMO.

If they cared enough to actually utilize Jimmy and make Superman's supporting cast likable, then the audience would care about a character like Jimmy Olsen. The general audience isn't going to know or care about any character unless the filmmakers make them care. Doing disservices to characters in Superman's world like that in turn does a disservice to Superman himself.

And it makes Perry White, Jenny and everyone else there look like idiots.

In a solo Superman world probably you could get away with this. But in a world where the Justice League is going to be a near full time occupation how do you expect him to have a day job?

Justice League is not going to be a full time occupation. Clark Kent is the person, superman is the costume, his secret identity while stupid to you and snyder is what binds supes to his humanity. Going to work, paying the rent and his relationship with Lois is what allows him to escape from the burdens of caring for the world and simply being normal. But normal is boring.

But people already buy into this, they already accept it as a part of the Superman persona. Perry and Jenny already look like idiots and no one cared because it's accepted as part of the Superman mythos. Snyder wants to undo that now by killing Kent?

How does that make the DP crew look any LESS like idiots? It actually makes them look worse because now HE died at the same time and place Superman died and they STILL can't put two and two together. Snyder is just digging himself into a hole here.

No one cares about the Clark Kent "plothole" if you tell a good story and sell it. Which Snyder can't.

In a solo Superman world probably you could get away with this. But in a world where the Justice League is going to be a near full time occupation how do you expect him to have a day job?

Why does he have to have the day job DURING Justice League??? Can't he be missing? Sick? On a holiday? ANYTHING??? Can't Lois cover for him at the DP? Why does it have to be death? So finite?

See thats the problem, Snyder didn't consider the possibility of other Superman solo movies because he hates the character and everything he stands for. You can have the heroes be in fulltime hero mode in Justice League, nothing wrong with that. But why would the Clark Kent persona need to die to realise that? No reason whatsoever.

Should Bruce Wayne out himself as Batman now or "die" so that he can be batman fulltime in Justice League? What about Flash? Diana? If that's the reason Snyder killed off Clark Kent, because he needs to be Superman fulltime in JL, then that just goes to show how little he has thought things through and how he just doesn't get these characters.

It's frustrating you guys keep bending over backwards and coming up with the most ludicrous, backward reasoning to make Snyder look good. It's OK to admit he effed up every now and then you know, he's not perfect, far from it.

The only logical reason I can come up with for Snyder wanting "Clark Kent" dead in a Justice League movie is if he really IS going for evil Injustice Superman. Which right now looks like a reality just waiting to happen.

I mean honestly, tell me. Why does Kent need to be dead so he can be Superman for the entirety of the JL movie? Why can't he just be Superman for the entire movie because the story calls for it?

Last edited:
The only logical reason I can come up with for Snyder wanting "Clark Kent" dead in a Justice League movie is if he really IS going for evil Injustice Superman. Which right now looks like a reality just waiting to happen.

I had the same thought, with clark "dead" less need for Lois in the future so it's easier to kill her off, then after evil supes is done being cool enough for snyder flash goes back and retcons everything. I don't buy the theories that the flash nightmare has already prevented things, Bruce seems just as much to feel the need for the league based on what lex tells him-that's why that scene cuts into when he's with Diana discussing things.

I'd say this is almost inevitable right about now. I'm sure some will say "but Zack will never do that!" ...and then they'll be crushed when we get Injustice Superman next year. The rest of us will just sit back, shake our heads and wonder if they'll actually have the stones to sack Snyder this time - after JL only makes 750 mil.

It's fiction. Just like the comics, you make it happen by making it happen.

I'd say this is almost inevitable right about now. I'm sure some will say "but Zack will never do that!" ...and then they'll be crushed when we get Injustice Superman next year. The rest of us will just sit back, shake our heads and wonder if they'll actually have the stones to sack Snyder this time - after JL only makes 750 mil.

Must be nice being able to see the future. :o

Because Superman sacrificing his life for the world means he's gonna come back and enslave it.

:dry:

Why even bother doing the character if you're going to strip away key elements? If a director feels uncomfortable with all these aspects of Superman than he should direct another character more appropriate to his sensibilities.

Because Superman sacrificing his life for the world means he's gonna come back and enslave it.

That'd make no sense whatsoever. You're absolutely right.

zacksnyder.jpg

And I don't claim to know the future, but I do know what precedent is, and I know what Snyder said in an interview about the Knightmare sequence:

“Let’s just say this, I think it’s OK to look at the extended dream sequence as an impressionistic view of a possible future. And that’s not hard to—I mean that’s in the sequence; I’m not spoiling anything or making up anything that you should see. So the connection with The Flash part of that sequence, you can speculate whether he’s coming from that reality or another one. That’s the fun stuff to try and figure out exactly what Flash is saying to Bruce and what it means. We know, so we’re not making it up.”

Supes coming back as Darkseid's thrall would be cool.

If there's even a 1% chance that Snyder thinks a bad idea would look cool we need to take it as an absolute certainty.

That'd make no sense whatsoever. You're absolutely right.

zacksnyder.jpg

And I don't claim to know the future, but I do know what precedent is, and I know what Snyder said in an interview about the Knightmare sequence:

“Let’s just say this, I think it’s OK to look at the extended dream sequence as an impressionistic view of a possible future. And that’s not hard to—I mean that’s in the sequence; I’m not spoiling anything or making up anything that you should see. So the connection with The Flash part of that sequence, you can speculate whether he’s coming from that reality or another one. That’s the fun stuff to try and figure out exactly what Flash is saying to Bruce and what it means. We know, so we’re not making it up.”

If there's even a 1% chance that Snyder thinks a bad idea would look cool we need to take it as an absolute certainty.

At this point if something makes no sense whatsoever trust Snyder to do it.

Evil supes fits in with the last 4chan rumor actually. It supposedly starts with the rest of the league waiting for bats, who doesn't show, and are then defeated when flash travels back in time to retcon. Well what could defeat the league? Evil supes, and just imagine how cool it would look. I'm sure Snyder has.

Needs some polishing, but I mostly like it. Could do without the retcon thing.

Reading the Flash Point thread has me pretty confident that we're not getting the Injustice Superman. Falls in line with that Snyder quote above too. BvS was leading to the Injustice future in the Knightmare sequence, until Flash traveled from that timeline to warn Bruce, creating a new timeline where Lois doesn't die and Supes ends up dying instead of becoming evil.

And for those who continue to doubt the negative impact having Snyder will have on Justice League purely from a sales standpoint, here's an article from a major Australian newspaper openly comparing BvS and Civil War and wondering what Snyder was actually trying to achieve.

The points are the same as are raised on this board.

The threat is very real.

WARNING: Huge spoilers for Civil War

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...-saved-batman-v-superman-20160504-gokei0.html

Reading the Flash Point thread has me pretty confident that we're not getting the Injustice Superman. Falls in line with that Snyder quote above too. BvS was leading to the Injustice future in the Knightmare sequence, until Flash traveled from that timeline to warn Bruce, creating a new timeline where Lois doesn't die and Supes ends up dying instead of becoming evil.

This raises a different point then - why was it necessary? If it's not hinting at the future and its unrelated to the movie its in - why do we care in an already packed film?

This was Snyder throwing the kitchen sink in because he's only criteria is "that's cool". He thought it would be cool to see Superman murder people with his heat vision, and Batman snapping necks.

I don't think there's anything alternate about the timelines. Bruce gets a vision of Darkseid enslaving the world. We know Darkseid is coming.

Superman tells Bruce in the sequence, "She was my world," before mercilessly killing everyone.

Bruce is visited by the Flash saying things like "You're right about him, you've always been right about him, she's the key, blah blah." Which is clearly Barry telling Bruce that Superman can't be trusted and Lois is the key.

Superman reiterates the line, "You are my world," to Lois before sacrificing himself. That's a callback to the knightmare sequence.

To me, the implication was clear. Superman cares about Lois above all others. He'll come back as Darkseid's minion next film at the very least. Or, Snyder will really crap all over Superman and have him come back with his own mind in tact, but kill Lois so that Superman is driven mad with grief and fights the JL of his own accord.

At this point, the least offensive route I see them taking is making Supes Darkseid's puppet.

This raises a different point then - why was it necessary? If it's not hinting at the future and its unrelated to the movie its in - why do we care in an already packed film?

This was Snyder throwing the kitchen sink in because he's only criteria is "that's cool". He thought it would be cool to see Superman murder people with his heat vision, and Batman snapping necks.

It's a revenge tragedy. Flash was the Deus ex Machina. It's a common trope in that sort of narrative structure. Beyond that, I personally think it'll come back into play, probably in the Flash solo. Maybe in a JL film.

And like I said, the scene was the actual future. So, we can go back and look at the film and see that without Flash intervening, we'd have evil Supes and dead Bats.

Edit: I'm not even the one saying it. Jay Oliva worked on the scene and said that.

Last edited:
It's a revenge tragedy. Flash was the Deus ex Machina. It's a common trope in that sort of narrative structure. Beyond that, I personally think it'll come back into play, probably in the Flash solo. Maybe in a JL film.

And like I said, the scene was the actual future. So, we can go back and look at the film and see that without Flash intervening, we'd have evil Supes and dead Bats.

I love that sort of story telling, it really makes you think not just a linear narrative spelt out with crayons.

We don't know why Supes goes evil, we get snippets of information, but it's fun to speculate. That's what Snyder is going for.

Actually Irredeemable is the type of comic book that Zack Snyder should be adapting. He is wrong for mainstream DC characters.

Why are WB giving him a third time at bat, it's so ****ing ridiculous! I know it's going to happen but I still don't want to believe it. I mean it's so clear that Snyder's vision isn't working out and he is still being rewarded. Hollywood really is delusional and sucks sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"