Justice League What are your worst case scenarios for a Justice League movie?

Bludhaven

Civilian
Reaction score
Not sure if this topic has already been covered, but I was wondering what you would least want to see in the JL movie. What would be your nightmare scenario for the movie?

For me, my biggest worry is that they will over-saturate it with too many characters, leaving little screen-time for characters like Flash or Green Lantern with the focus being primarily on Superman and Batman.

So, what would be your worst case scenario for the eventual Justice League movie?

I think the worst case scenario is that the general public will consider it a stupid Avengers rip-off and it'll turn out to be a much more expensive, high profile repeat of the Green Lantern debacle....

However, if you're asking about what I would personally not like to see:

I don't want it shot in that gloomy, blue-filtered look that Man of Steel and The Dark Knight films were done in.

I don't want it to have any links to the Nolan films.

I don't want the New 52 to have any influence on the look, atmosphere or story... at all.

Actually now I think about it, there are about a million ways this movie could go wrong so I'll just leave it at that. :hehe:

It is comic accurate like Green Lantern but it bombs anyway.

Warner Bros shelves every non-Batman character for a decade.

I can't think of a worse scenario.

I think the worst case scenario is that the general public will consider it a stupid Avengers rip-off and it'll turn out to be a much more expensive, high profile repeat of the Green Lantern debacle....

Ahh, yes I think that will be on everyones mind including the director and the producing team, however I think if they had someone like Snyder (if he's not directing) just standing on the sidelines so they can monitor the production every so often, then I'm sure Zack of all people could spot and prevent a major disaster like Green Lantern from re-occurring again.

However, if you're asking about what I would personally not like to see:

I don't want it shot in that gloomy, blue-filtered look that Man of Steel and The Dark Knight films were done in.

Same, I saw a manip someone posted on here a few days back (http://s24.postimg.org/kga3fyxat/JL5.png) which looked great especially if they decide not to opt for anything too dark or gloomy. Something like this would have the same visual appeal as the Avengers, however as you said you run the risk of people seeing it as an Avengers rip-off.

I don't want it to have any links to the Nolan films.

Agreed, with the exception of MoS (which I guess isn't really a Nolan film). I think a fresh reboot with a more comic book accurate Batman would be needed. Nothing ridiculous like Batman being able to knock out Darkseid but a Batman that could conceivably put up a physical fight against whatever aliens or henchmen the JL plans to include.

I don't want the New 52 to have any influence on the look, atmosphere or story... at all.

Yep, that first JL story arc wouldn't be particularly good for a movie, there was just such a lack of depth to the story and to Darkseid.

Actually now I think about it, there are about a million ways this movie could go wrong so I'll just leave it at that. :hehe:

:woot:

Worst cases would be a different director than Snyder even though he produces, most of Will Beall's supposed horrible script is used. Then batman is rebooted with Jake Gyllenhaal or some obscure actor who is really boring, and it's similar to Nolan's Batman. Then Gina Carano gets cast for Wonder Woman, making the character all style over substance. Then Ryan Reynolds returns to play Hal Jordan, some unknown takes the role of the Flash and the written humor between Barry/Hal is not funny at all.

That's the worst case scenario.

Director: Jonathan Liebesman (Bay is too good)
Screenplay: Frank Miller (although part of me really wants this)
Music: Steve Jablonsky

Superman: Brandon Routh
Batman: Thanning Catum
Wonder Woman: Sasha Grey
Green Lantern: Tyrese
The Flash: Shia DaBeouf
Aquaman: Sam Worthington
Martain Manhunter: Sir Vincent Diesel
Cyborg: Drake

Best friggin movie ever Eddie Dean. Ill take 6 tickets.

Worst cases would be a different director than Snyder even though he produces, most of Will Beall's supposed horrible script is used. Then batman is rebooted with Jake Gyllenhaal or some obscure actor who is really boring, and it's similar to Nolan's Batman. Then Gina Carano gets cast for Wonder Woman, making the character all style over substance. Then Ryan Reynolds returns to play Hal Jordan, some unknown takes the role of the Flash and the written humor between Barry/Hal is not funny at all.

That's the worst case scenario.

You cast Gina Carano as Wonder Woman and everything is lost.

Worst case scenario for me is it being ultra realistic like Nolan's Batman. :(

-I dont want Hal to be as much of a d*** as he is in the origins issue of the new 52
-I dont want Cyborg

No Bruce Wayne and John Robin Blake is Batman. :argh:

-John Blake as Batman
-Cyborg
-Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan/the 2011 GL film being in canon with MOS

Worst case scenario for me is it being ultra realistic like Nolan's Batman. :(

I wouldn't call it ultra realistic, but I see what you mean.

Personally, JL should look like Man of Steel, at least the image I've built for it from the trailers. I remember a lot of people saying how it had a Nolan's feel, especially after the second trailer, but now we have seen how action oriented it is. And that is what I want, a film that has this 'Nolan DNA' but don't stop it from going full throttle on the action.

I would hate if the JL was like The Avengers for example, not that I didn't like it, quite the opposite, but I expect more from WB at this point.

I think the worst case scenario for JLA is some combination of the following:

1. Too dark a tone

2. Uncompelling villains

3. A core Superman/Batman dynamic that just doesn't gel

To answer the OP.

My realistic worst case scenario for a Justice League film would be a Superman/Batman only film.

- Rushing this movie to a 2015 release
- Using John Blake for Batman
- Casting a charisma-less, plank-of-wood UFC fighter for Wonder Woman
- Using the Green Lantern film in any capacity

Making Batman/Superman like Kirk/Spock with the other characters having nothing to do
No real threats as far as villains
Not enough diversity

Essentially that the film doesn't take itself seriously enough. As opposed to Avengers, this movie should be as pensive and resolute as possible. We should be made to believe that these 4-7 god-like heroes are banding together against a true threat. Something that is devastating and terrifying..

Worst case scenario:
Batman is John Blake (anyone but Bruce Wayne)
Green Lantern is Ryan Reynolds (or at all similar to the GL film)
Darkseid is too similar to Thanos (this responsibility falls on Marvel as well)

That's all I can think of right now.

Not getting enough money at the box-office and bad reviews like Green Lantern.

Im convinced that they shouldn't bring Hal into this because I know what we will be getting. It would work great in a film on its own but now that we have it in other big films these days, I feel it would just come off like "this...agaaain?....ughh".

Im talking about Hal being positioned as the main comic relief, with Barry as his runner-up. The bromance (Stark/Banner), Hal getting under Bruce's skin (Iron Man and Captain America/Kirk and Spock), Hal flirting with Wonder Woman only to get shut down in some way (Downey and Scarlett/Pine & Saldana).

It's a key dynamic but I don't think we need to revisit that in another major blockbuster team-up again.

This is why I think John Stewart would add a whole different balance to the movie. It won't be as balanced, but Barry then becomes the comic relief. But it doesn't have to be the Wally West or Ryan Reynolds type.

Runtime under 2hr 20
"Yes man" director
Robin as Batman
Poorly rebooted Batman
GL (2011)
Poor team dynamics
Too heavily based on Superman/Batman
Not capturing Hal/Barry dynamic
Same with Clark/Bruce
Hollow villain
Spectacle over substance

I changed my mind. Worst case scenario would be "WB uses the film to gratify the fantasies of the John Blake haters."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"