Ideas for how to bring The Justice League together?

Darkseid could be a good choice, still hae some type of invasion on earth and help pitch a Fourth World film to the producers

I was thinking that when I was writing why Mongol might be the better choice. I thought, wait, this could help establish the Fourth World franchise. Get it kicked off, like when Kirby introduced it in Jimmy Olsen comics.
Darksied and his parademons could try to invade Earth, but are pushed back by the formation of the Justice League...
the only problem is that Darksied isn't one to just give up on Earth. If he wants something he wont stop till he gets it. And in the Superman cartoon the only way he was stopped was when the good guys from the Fourth World, the cavalry, stepped in to make sure he left.

It would be out of character for Darksied to just leave or accept defeat. Plus, he is like a three to four movie bad guy anyway. Like Darth Vader or something, so good you have to keep him around for all the movies.
But Mongol could be utterly defeated.
Imagine it all comes down to a final fight where Superman and Mongol are fighting, and like in the video game where the JLA fights Darksied...but pretend its Mongol.
jlh01zo2.gif

Mongul is more the type to get his butt handed to him by the JLA, I don't know if I see Darkseid like that without him fighting to his last breath. Like in the JLA cartoon show where Superman is fighting him, the planet is about to explode. Superman wont leave until Darksied is dead, but Batman pulls him away with a boom tube. Right before the planet blows up and kills Darksied he laughs "Heh, loser."
I don't see him giving up any other way.
But when Superman pummled Mongul in the cartoon, leaving him beaten and humiliated. I can see that happen in a JLA movie and then another bad guy in the next one.
jlu02ih8.gif

If the movie could think up a way that could have Darksied defeated and get him out of the JLA movies so he could go do his own Fourth World movies without having him just give up or die, then that would be cool.

Plus, the Smallville show sort of helped establish the Fourth World stuff as did the Superman/JLU cartoon shows. They could use those as examples.

Last edited:
I never read anything with Mongul but from what i seen on wikipedia he seems like a fitting villain, there are ways to make Darkseid decide to stop his invasion, maybe realising that he should conquer other places or make the JL find something he want, well, him as a JL villain is already being used for the JL reboot comic so i will follow to see how they get rid of darkseid

I am sure there are ways, and following the new JLA would be a good idea, see how they do it. Never thought about that.
But the problem I see is that on all the cartoons that Darksied has been on, or TV shows like Smallville, he is the ULTIMATE evil. Like the devil or something.
And in all those shows when he is introduced he doesn't go away. He was brought up in Superman and kept returning until he was forced to leave by the New Gods. And in JLA he didn't leave once he was brought up again until he was killed in an explosion that destroyed a whole solar system or something.
He just seems like a villain who, once introduced, you can't forget about or put off to the side until he is defeated completely.
Maybe I am wrong, but he seems like a bad guy who you introduce in movie 1 and is the bad guy in 2 and 3, and FINALLY defeated in movie 4... finally.
It would be smart to introduce him in a JLA movie so that he can be used to help launch a New Gods movie, but I am not sure how.

In the comics it wasn't him but his forces that were introduced in Jimmy Olsen. But then its like Smallville again, you never see Darkseid he is just mentioned over and over. He deserves to be in a movie, and if he is used in a movie it should be him...
I am just sort of speaking out loud, rambling out ideas...

Thats why I suggested Mongul though. I can easily see him introduced as a HUGE threat to Earth and able to defeat Superman in hand to hand combat. But in the end is totally defeated and humiliated by the JLA, "his unconscious body tossed at his enemies" defeated, in JLA movie 1. He could even use Starros to build armies of humans or something. He also has those plants that make people see dreams.
IC1MongulMWHE.jpg

justice_league_03x02_04-1.jpg

JlaScrtFiles2-ShaneDavis-CAF.jpg

Then again

I also like the idea of the White Martians.
Like in the JLA comic in the 90s, I think it was, where they pretended to be a team of Superheroes who was going to save Earth and make it a Utopian society. Secretly they are taking it over. It could take the formation of the JLA, a real team of heroes, to defeat the White Martians.
TheHyperclan.jpg

JLASecretFilesOrigins3WhiteMartians.jpg

jlaV3057.jpg

You get the reason Martian Manhunter is there, maybe he is what brings them all together. You get the scene where Batman is shown to be not just a human without powers but the most dangerous human when he shows he figured out the White Martians weakness and takes down three of them.
batmanknows.jpg

batman-hyperclan.jpg

jla00320-2.jpg

jla00414-1.jpg

We also get the scene where the JLA have to address the public to assure them of their safety (I think the White Martians were going to execute the JLA members live to show the public all hope was lost) and the JLA choose Superman to talk to the world because he is the most trusted superhero.
In the address he could tell the public that the heroes are going to protect them, by banding together and forming the JLA.
Just an idea. Rework that storyline into a movie.

Mongol is not a bad idea, and I understand the reason for using him, vs Darksied. However my idea for a JL film take place over two films and before that the ending cliffhanger of a Superman film leading to the first JL. Darksied presence is felt in the JL, but makes no appearence until JL2. There is a way for him to be "slightly defeated" and go away............for a while.

Consider this for a moment. Chances are we will only get two JL films, if they decide to even do a JL film. I think the idea is to do solo trilogies for the big two; and, try to launch others if practical. At most, we may get one ensemble film, possibly two, if cost is low and box office does well.

With that said, their possible blue-print fit well with what I envision as a two film story, involving Darkseid, Martian ManHunter, Hawkman & HawkGirl, and Lex Luthor. No need for Mongol or any other powerful villain to unite the team; because once again, chances are we will only get one film, two if we are lucky. This not a comic book where story can be pushed out indefinitely. We will only get a film or two, with one director….maybe. Darkseid will never be done in a solo Superman film. He is too big and will come with a massive army; and, Superman will not face that alone.

So my idea is to introduce “the arrival” as a Superman solo film cliffhanger, than play specific scenes as after credit scenes in others solo films(mainly Bats & GL2). Leading to JL…to play out over two films. The kicker is to do one epic film, release in two parts, a year apart…similar to LOTR. Film probably wouldn’t be release until 2015 & 2016...giving the studio time not only to prepare the budget, set, location, story, etc; but, to launch other characters if they so desire(Aquaman, Flash, WW, for example).

The story evolve around the “Anti-Life Equation”. Darkseid invasion of Earth is due to the fact that he think the Equation is on Earth. What is unexpected is what is actually on Earth and who unknowingly has it. Everything ties together.

JLA

I also believe LOTR style is the only way to get multiple Justice League films, and the only way to use Darkseid, honestly, because he's certainly not a one-shot villain.

Consider this for a moment. Chances are we will only get two JL films, if they decide to even do a JL film. I think the idea is to do solo trilogies for the big two; and, try to launch others if practical. At most, we may get one ensemble film, possibly two, if cost is low and box office does well.

JLA

I sort of see it differently. I think WB has 2 choices. Fast track the Batman reboot and do a trilogy at a quick pace. Batman 1 in 2014 then Bats2 in 2016 thern 3 in 2018. Pacing it as Sony is pacing The Amazing Spideramn with the first two Spidey installments already having release dates in 2012 and 2014.

Or, and a billion dollar box office for Avengeras next year could push WB this way, fast track a JL trilogy. First one in 2014 then 2016 and 2018.

What they should do with a JL trilogy is spin off solo films from each one. As in Flash gets a solo after JL1 and doesn't appear in JL2 but is replaced by another DC character. Do the same after JL2. Use it to launch a solo character and drop that charactr from JL3 and bring in yet another new character.

In the long run fast tracking a JL series seems to me the best way for WB to finally get some success in solo films beyond Batman.

Part of me kind of wishes that they will just have the solo Batman and Superman movies and bring together the rest of the characters in a Justice League movie without having them in solo films. Whether or not they continue with the character continuity of the Green Lantern films is something that I could care less about, but I'd love to see Cavill and Bale (or some new guy if they use the reboot Batman film) and have them meet up with Green Lantern, Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter.

I'd like to see the everyone EXCEPT Superman and Batman meet up and then have Supes and Bats come in a little later in the movie (like the comics respectively).

I agree...the only reason I, for one, included GL, was because WB said they will do a GL2....like you, I could care less about. Neitherless, it does not change the direction I would take to bring about JL. I just wish WB had a similiar approach.

As I have suggested many years before...they could then, try to pump solo films for other characters.

They will never fast track Batman or JL

If WB plans to do one superhero film a year then they need to fast track at least one of these.

I think it should be JL as it provides the best opportunity to launch solo franchises.

If WB isn't tied to one film per year then they don't need to fast track. It's looking like 2014 may not see WB release any superhero/DC film.

WB is a very successful studio without the DC stuff. It's easy to forget that. WB is a totally different studio from Marvel. WB's focus is not superhero films.

There isn't any current plan to even do a JL film, as far as I know; yet alone fast track one. And if they decide today, tomorrow, next week, or even next month, to do JL, I would hope they follow the idea similiar to mine.

Which involve shooting a quick "after credit" scene at the end of TDKR. Do the end of film "cliffhanger" for the MOS... providing that story/film is not a two parter or have a cliffhanger leading to MOS2 itself. If GL2 is actually greenlighted(no pon intended), shoot an "after credit" scene as well. Tying it all to JL; as I have describe in an earlier post in this thread.

I certainly hope they are considering doing a JL film. Attach it to Nolan, if he is willing; and, see how interested($) Bale would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"