• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If Marvel reboots Blade: The Daywalker who should play Blade?

What about Marrese Crump? His acting was about as good as Snipes.

Marrese-3.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcUkCmrUP_I
He definitely has the martial arts chops, but can he act?

I rewatched both Blade films yesterday. They still hold up and was surprised by how ahead they were in regards to the cbm genre. One of the first dark and gritty cbm and one of the first to use the ''team up'' plot point.

Give it to the folks who did Dredd and be done with with. Blade is a character who deserves another film. The tv adaptation was awful.

^ Agreed, just has always seemed like the first two Blade movies are underrated but are great films that have held up extremely well. Get a new guy who can be as entertaining to watch as Snipes (I'm telling you guys, Trai Byers is the guy for this) and give us a story as good as those first two films & you've got a winner.

And with the world of comic books constantly growing in popularity, it'd be a chance for the character of Blade to reach an even wider audience & gain more appeal across the board.

I'd go with Dayo Okeniyi. He's been in The Hunger Games, The Spectacular Now, Runner Runner and is playing Danny Dyson in the upcoming Terminator Genisys movie.

KrwJo7q.jpg

I definitely would go with him but then again Blade has to be a martial artist so how many African-American actors are there that are martial artists?

Most reboots that actually work do so by going back and being more faithful to the source material. I'd be happy if they did what you suggest.
OK but no ski goggles, deal??

Brian J. White is another choice for Blade

This is a character made for a Netflix series.

This is a character made for a Netflix series.

Would probably prefer it as a netflix series. More time to tell the story. Only problem might be that i would like him to crossover with some characters that might be in films.

I don't see netflix doing too many tv shows unless they cancel one of their current line up or merge iron fist and cage.

I can dig it but is he a martial artist? If he is then I could definitely see him as the new Blade

He is as much a martial artist as Charlie Cox. Played a martial artist in Kick Ass 2

Then you know what actually looking at him he even looks like he could be a perfect replacement for Snipes as Blade

Or how about Trai Byers or Erik King? Erik King played Doakes on Dexter imagine him as the new Blade? But yeah Jai White is probably the best choice as far as the next Blade goes

My choice would be Brandon Mychal Smith or Stephan James.

I can't decide the actor now. I will say that he's a must for Netflix, so the character can express himself and what he deals with on a daily. I could see them easing him into a series like Punisher in DD S2 and then giving him his own series.

I'd love for a Moon Knight series and Nightstalkers, what with Doctor Strange and the strong possibility of the Midnight Sons coming into play. I say have the 90s team of Nightstalkers with Blade, Hannibal King and Drake, descendent of Dracula, in the team. Have Dracula and Bloodstorm and Lilith and Varnae in the fray. Having Hannibal and Drake going out in style by season 1's end, maybe? Bloodstorm, a chaotic character with Dracula powers, being take down by Hannibal. He pulls them both into the dawning sun or something. Frank Drake, like he did in the comic, creates his famous gun called Linda (after Linda Blair), to take on supernatural beings, amps it up to take on and overload during the fight with Varnae, the ancient demon that created the vampire curse. It explodes and leaves Blade the sole survivor of Nightstalkers. He could come across others, like Whistler's daughter and Morbius, in the future seasons as he hunts for Dracula and his daughter, Lilith. The now crowned king and princess to the vampire curse.

Not sure if any of you watched Heroes: Reborn (don't, it's a waste of time) but this guy, Cle Bennett, was one of the (few) highlights. I think he has the right kind of intensity to play Blade. He also was impressive in some sword fights on that show, so I think he can handle the action that the character requires. If they're not set on going for a big name, I think he could work.

634528173294630000_zpsh5wpr1pq.jpg

67324c42386cd628216752c167ad9b7d_zps0czlgoko.jpg

Not sure if any of you watched Heroes: Reborn (don't, it's a waste of time) but this guy, Cle Bennett, was one of the (few) highlights. I think he has the right kind of intensity to play Blade. He also was impressive in some sword fights on that show, so I think he can handle the action that the character requires. If they're not set on going for a big name, I think he could work.

634528173294630000_zpsh5wpr1pq.jpg

67324c42386cd628216752c167ad9b7d_zps0czlgoko.jpg

If he can bring the intensity similar to Snipes' Blade then he would get my vote but if Marvel were to go with a less than known actor to play Blade then he would be my pick hell it could be a breakout role for him but if they go with a bigger name in the role then it would disqualify him

Blade would be ideal for Netflix, would love to see Morbius on it as well as he is never going to be in a Spidey movie.

Blade would be ideal for Netflix, would love to see Morbius on it as well as he is never going to be in a Spidey movie.

Blade would be ideal for Netflix but at the same time I feel that on the big screen for mainstream audiences he deserves a 2nd chance at the big screen for theatre audiences but for the Blade franchise by putting him in a huge Hollywood production you could still have Morbius as a villain as well as Deacon Frost, Dracula, etc.

Blade NEEDS to be in the Netflix shows he would fit in perfectly . Morbius would be nice to see

If he can bring the intensity similar to Snipes' Blade then he would get my vote but if Marvel were to go with a less than known actor to play Blade then he would be my pick hell it could be a breakout role for him but if they go with a bigger name in the role then it would disqualify him

Yeah. If they do go the Netflix route (which would be the right move, IMO) then he would be perfect. It would be truly awesome if they could launch series for characters like Blade and Morbius and eventually include them in a Midnight Sons movie with Strange and Ghost Rider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"